Our First Black President

Our First Black President

There are 7 comments on the The Atlantic story from Sep 12, 2011, titled Our First Black President. In it, The Atlantic reports that:

Remember Mr. Coates, Morehouse College put Howard University on the map; the first African-American president of Howard University was a Morehouse Man, Dr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlantic.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#1 Sep 13, 2011
Now I would like to see us with our first Purple president!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 13, 2011
They point this out because..... they hate segregation.

“Shove your "Warnings"”

Since: Jul 11

where da sun don't shine....

#3 Sep 13, 2011
CaptainBliss wrote:
They point this out because..... they hate segregation.
Except when they impose it on themselves.
Kinda like the N word,
...and getting shot to death.

Cops kill one black guy, and the entire bunch of them go into chimpout mode. They kill more of each other every YEAR than all of them whites "lynched" in history

http://www.blackplanet.com/news/article_comme...

....and not a peep.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#4 Sep 13, 2011
oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
<quoted text>Except when they impose it on themselves.
Kinda like the N word,
...and getting shot to death.
Cops kill one black guy, and the entire bunch of them go into chimpout mode. They kill more of each other every YEAR than all of them whites "lynched" in history
http://www.blackplanet.com/news/article_comme...
....and not a peep.
Or riding in the back of the bus. Nowadays, the brothas want to fight you if you don't let them have the back seat.

“Shove your "Warnings"”

Since: Jul 11

where da sun don't shine....

#5 Sep 13, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Or riding in the back of the bus. Nowadays, the brothas want to fight you if you don't let them have the back seat.
I really wouldn't know what happens on public transportation. The last time I used it was in the 1970's.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#6 Sep 13, 2011
oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
<quoted text>I really wouldn't know what happens on public transportation. The last time I used it was in the 1970's.
Actually, it isn't too bad in most places. You do hear of isolated incidents, often caused by teenagers.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 13, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Or riding in the back of the bus. Nowadays, the brothas want to fight you if you don't let them have the back seat.
Black people have done more good for NRA membership than anything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roger Williams University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Workshops to focus on kelp farming (Aug '13) Sep '13 nanoanomaly 8
News Portsmouth Rep Says Bridge Toll Fight Is 'Not O... (Apr '13) Apr '13 theod barra 3 1
News Lisa Ling at Roger Williams University (Oct '09) Jan '12 scott rhode island 5
News Police Log: Roger Williams Student Arrested for... (Nov '11) Nov '11 concerned friend 1
News In Rhode Island, a new direction on immigration (Oct '11) Oct '11 Tea Party 12
News In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants Can Be ... (May '11) May '11 Irish Guest 4
News Patrick Rogers to head R.I. Governor-elect Chaf... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Frank Haggerty 1
More from around the web