In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants Can Be a Plus for Both States and Students

Full story: Chronicle.com
States that allow illegal immigrants to pay cheaper, in-state tuition have seen a 31-percent jump in that population's college-going rate and a 14-percent decline in high-school dropouts among undocumented Latino students, according to a report released on Wednesday. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 May 23, 2011
"States that allow illegal immigrants to pay cheaper, in-state tuition have seen a 31-percent jump in that population's college-going rate and a 14-percent decline in high-school dropouts among undocumented Latino students, according to a report released on Wednesday. "

Which means taxpayers get to foot an even bigger bill.
Down and Out

New York, NY

#2 May 23, 2011
Well La De Da, the illegal aliens (NOT illegal immigrants) get another ride on the entitlement train with the fare subsidized by the law abiding tax paying citizenry.
Lovely, just lovely, we the citizenry at large are expected to continue the bankrolling of this molly coddle towards the illegal alien.
This only promotes the entitlement attitude, want to know something - I don't remember an invitation being given from the law abiding citizenry to them for making a residence here in the first place much less an invitation from the law abiding citizenry for reduced college costs.
These figures presented are all fine and well if you happen to be the recipient of the reduced costs, it sux if you happen to be the person who bears the burden of paying for this travesty of justice.
Free is free

Santa Fe, NM

#3 May 24, 2011
Taxpayers *fund* the subsidization of in-state tuition. To say that allowing illegals, who should not be here, access to any taxpayer-funded program is a net benefit to anyone other than the illegal is complete BS.
Irish Guest

Arlington, VA

#4 May 24, 2011
I am retired military; served this country for 22 years, fought in armed conflicts when told to AND neither myself or any of my children are even entitled to such gifts from the government; maybe we need to violate some laws for the government to give us free and/or discounted rides at taxpayer expense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roger Williams University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Workshops to focus on kelp farming (Aug '13) Sep '13 nanoanomaly 8
Portsmouth Rep Says Bridge Toll Fight Is 'Not O... (Apr '13) Apr '13 theod barra 3 1
Lisa Ling at Roger Williams University (Oct '09) Jan '12 scott rhode island 5
Police Log: Roger Williams Student Arrested for... (Nov '11) Nov '11 concerned friend 1
In Rhode Island, a new direction on immigration (Oct '11) Oct '11 Tea Party 12
Our First Black President (Sep '11) Sep '11 CaptainBliss 7
Patrick Rogers to head R.I. Governor-elect Chaf... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Frank Haggerty 1

Roger Williams University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE