Facts don't get in the way of Web political rumors
With just days to go before the election, gossip, hearsay, innuendo and smears are flying through the Internet as gadflies and rumormongers hope to sway voters before they head to the polls.
'It's a lot of mud being slung, it's understandable, but I think it's still kind of sad,' said Nick DiFonzo, a psychologist and rumor expert at Rochester Institute of Technology in upstate New York.
Candidates and their campaigns are circulating negative bits of information in mainstream venues, raising questions about their opponents in speeches and dropping sour hints in their advertisements. But only on the Internet can entirely false rumors persist, stories told without back up, persistently bouncing from one blog to another.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.
#1 Nov 1, 2008
Why hasnít anybody asked for this President and his administration for there impeachment?
1. Stole the 2000 election.
2. Responsible for the foreign policies, that led to the 9/11 attack.
3. Lied to the American people about the weapons of mass destruction.
4. Responsible for starting an illegal war.
5. Went after the wrong enemy responsible for 9/11 attack.
6. Didnít abide by the Geneva and Hague Conventions.
7. Allowed the Al Qaeda break America financially.
Cleary they had a different agenda for Iraq.(A US present in an oil country).
8. Is a slave to the Oil & Financial Lobbyist?
9. Responsible, for 750,000+ jobs leaving America.
10. Responsible for the broken bank system.
11. Responsible for the broken housing market.
12. Responsible for the loss of the 401k investments.
13. Responsible for high fuel prices..
14. Responsible for the mass unemployment weíre experiencing.
15. Responsible for the failed medical system that only the elite can afford.
If we donít punish the responsible parties to this disaster its going to happen again.
Tom the retired construction boss
Art by TJM
“California Real ID”
Since: Oct 08
#2 Nov 1, 2008
ummmmm - because we would be left with President Dick Cheney?
#3 Nov 2, 2008
If you include cheney in that impeachment, I will go along with you......HEY< Mr Obama, as the next President, please, we implore you, do not pardon bush & his cronies!
Since: Apr 07
#7 Nov 2, 2008
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I suspect because everything you stated is generally BS.
Add your comments below
|RIT team gets patents for battery research||Oct 4||Solarman||1|
|Scientist with Autism Uses Own Experience to In...||Sep 21||Vaccines Autism S...||1|
|ESPN Journalist's Missing Son Found Dead in Lak...||Apr '15||Volvo FH16||2|
|College ceramics sale Friday (Dec '14)||Dec '14||Hot One||2|
|YWCA aims to improve racial relations with new ... (Aug '14)||Aug '14||Jerry||13|
|An H-1B cap hike would mean a grim future for w... (May '14)||May '14||woodtick57||2|
|Obama announces Youth CareerConnect winners (Apr '14)||Apr '14||Justdmarkets com||1|
Find what you want!
Search Rochester Institute of Technology Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC