Like Lincoln and FDR, Obama faces nation in crisis

Full story: The Associated Press

All presidents are tested. Few walk into the Oval Office when the nation is in the throes of multiple crises.
Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“EVOLUTION IS EXTINCTION”

Since: Aug 07

MARIETTA, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

The shit is getting very deep over at AP.

Since: Oct 07

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Yeah. This article is like AP saying, "He's our man!" I can just hear the history and the grand band playing. The Liberal Media at its monopoly best.

“Just me...”

Since: Aug 08

Topeka, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Are they seriously comparing Obama to Lincoln and FDR?

Why not Jesus while we're at it?

He's simply a man who put more money into winning. He IS NOT the messiah!

“Free money is a myth”

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

I seem to recall the last president from Ill. with a major social agenda didn't fare so well...
uaintnolincolnrf dr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

If the Obama worshippers could ever get past THIER SKIN COLOR OBSESSION, they would see they've hired the janitor to be the CEO.

To suggest that Obama is another Lincoln or FDR is
ridiculous...Obama's resume is zippo.

Since: Nov 08

Amman, Jordan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

deer three pink wrote:
The shit is getting very deep over at AP.
now why would you think that!?...oh...i see.!
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

TopekaGuy wrote:
I think it'll be an apt comparison. The cycles of history say it's time for a new era led by a progressive president.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

uaintnolincolnrfdr wrote:
If the Obama worshippers could ever get past THIER SKIN COLOR OBSESSION, they would see they've hired the janitor to be the CEO.
If you'd studied your history, you'd know that Obama's resume is very similar to Lincoln's. Eerily so.

“Just me...”

Topeka, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Obama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd studied your history, you'd know that Obama's resume is very similar to Lincoln's. Eerily so.
My God... I never realized that Lincoln's wife wasn't ever proud of being an American until now. I never knew that Lincoln had friends who bombed the Pentagon. And Lincoln held membership for almost 20 years from a church who's pastor screams "God damn America" and then became Lincoln's "mentor"? Lincoln's college education was underwritten and paid for by the Black Panthers?

I must have been sick on those days in history.

I fail to see the similarities.... sorry.

“Just me...”

Topeka, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Obama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the more I think about it... Obama's resume is similar to someone else in history. You be the judge.

This other man in history:

1. Supported gun control
2. was charismatic
3. Didn't value the unborn
4. Gave great speeches
5. Promised change
6. was supported by overwhelming numbers of his population, at least at the beginning
7. was young
8. did genetic research at the cost of human lives (vs. stem cell research today)

Any guesses?

Adolph Hitler.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

TopekaGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
My God... I never realized that Lincoln's wife wasn't ever proud of being an American until now. I never knew that Lincoln had friends who bombed the Pentagon. And Lincoln held membership for almost 20 years from a church who's pastor screams "God damn America" and then became Lincoln's "mentor"? Lincoln's college education was underwritten and paid for by the Black Panthers?
I must have been sick on those days in history.
I fail to see the similarities.... sorry.
I told you compare their resumes, not beliefs.
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

TopekaGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the more I think about it... Obama's resume is similar to someone else in history. You be the judge.
This other man in history:
1. Supported gun control
2. was charismatic
3. Didn't value the unborn
4. Gave great speeches
5. Promised change
6. was supported by overwhelming numbers of his population, at least at the beginning
7. was young
8. did genetic research at the cost of human lives (vs. stem cell research today)
Any guesses?
Adolph Hitler.
You watch too much Fox News. They lie to you. Here's an example...

In 1933, Hitler passed 2 pieces of legislation that made abortion illegal. He was not pro-choice.
GObama

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

uaintnolincolnrfdr wrote:
He went to Harvard... Where exactly did you go to school??????
I don't care who you are that is a hard school to get into. Sure he may be a bit green when it comes to his resume but the man is smart. He is already making intelligent choices. Maybe we should just wait and se what happens.

“Just me...”

Topeka, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Obama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
You watch too much Fox News. They lie to you. Here's an example...
In 1933, Hitler passed 2 pieces of legislation that made abortion illegal. He was not pro-choice.
My mistake. I thought he was the guy who chose to abort 13 million people, 6 million of which were Jews.

I'll have to look that over again.

Something to think about -

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:

"...human weeds,''reckless breeders,''spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification:

Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

FYI - Margaret Sanger was the founder of Planned Parenthood, the number 1 abortion provider in America. Aren't her views of minorities and other select groups interesting? Kind of similar to whoever that guy was who ran the death camps in World War II?
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

TopekaGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake. I thought he was the guy who chose to abort 13 million people, 6 million of which were Jews.
I'll have to look that over again.
Something to think about -
On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,''reckless breeders,''spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.
FYI - Margaret Sanger was the founder of Planned Parenthood, the number 1 abortion provider in America. Aren't her views of minorities and other select groups interesting? Kind of similar to whoever that guy was who ran the death camps in World War II?
What does any of this have to do with Obama?

“Just me...”

Topeka, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

You said that Hitler wasn't pro choice, but I can show you that he was as much about racial purification as the heavily defended democratic (e.g. Barak Obama) position of pro choice.

How sad.

The founder of Planned Parenthood held the same views for racial purification and thereby established the biggest abortion provider in the USA, and that wonderful organization and position is defended by Herr Obama.
Nancy

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

TopekaGuy wrote:
You said that Hitler wasn't pro choice, but I can show you that he was as much about racial purification as the heavily defended democratic (e.g. Barak Obama) position of pro choice.
How sad.
The founder of Planned Parenthood held the same views for racial purification and thereby established the biggest abortion provider in the USA, and that wonderful organization and position is defended by Herr Obama.
You are ridiculous. Obama has never said he supports abortion, only the woman's right to choose. He doesn't like abortion and would like to educate young women and get them the birth control they need. No one likes abortion!
Obama 08

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

TopekaGuy wrote:
How sad.
Hitler outlawed abortion. That's as far from pro-choice as it gets.
yesterdays blues

Floyd, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

Seems like a few people dont know that the whole game has changed,the lies no longer work,they have become powerless,watch the rats run and hide.New day.Bullies should know,their time is marked.Make america true and strong or get out of the way.The boat has left the harbor.
Collateral Damage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

TopekaGuy wrote:
Why not Jesus while we're at it?
He's simply a man who put more money into winning. He IS NOT the messiah!
umm..i think they were talking about the state of the times were in. People still soundin like morons on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••