Hispanic voting gains are slipping

Hispanic voting gains are slipping

There are 39 comments on the Polk County Democrat story from Apr 6, 2012, titled Hispanic voting gains are slipping. In it, Polk County Democrat reports that:

According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau's Current Population Survey, Hispanic voter registration dropped from 11.6 million in 2008 to 10.9 million in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Polk County Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bullchit

Covina, CA

#1 Apr 6, 2012
Numbers are up especially in favor of candidates like Ron Paul.

Votes are not up for Obama.

They know Obama is not going to get the Hispanic vote so of course they are trying to say this.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 7, 2012
Could the reason be because some of the illegals have been deported? ;)
Leon

Crest Hill, IL

#3 Apr 7, 2012
Chicago recently reported that the number of residents that are registered voters is at an all time low.
Maybe Chicago isn't corrupt, maybe they are all just stupid?
When you in declare yourself a sanctuary for criminals most of who are illegal invaders, how can they be suprised that the illegal invaders can't register to vote?
Captain

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2012
Chicago is a sanctuary city, so hopefully the illegals have left. Chicago was credited with being the most corrupt city in America, and one of the most violent, esp. for young people. Seems illegal Chicago residents like to kill each other. Guess you can't build a good successful city on illegal activity and corruption.
Seriously

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Apr 7, 2012
Anyone born other than the native americans who were here originally are immigrants. Who are u people to judge the Mexicans. AND this immigration issue spans across India Asia Canada etc why is the focus on Mexicans. U people love to hate. It's sad. I hope more Latinos choose to join with the minorities esp the African Americans to fight this blatant racism.
Fact

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Apr 7, 2012
An estimated 20 million illegals will be voting this election for Obama.
Better Facts

De Soto, KS

#7 Apr 7, 2012
F O Rico!
Fed Up Vet

Arlington, VA

#8 Apr 7, 2012
I can understand why Hispanics registrations might be down.

The Republicans promised Comprehensive Immigration under Bush.
The Democrats promised Comprehensive Immigration under Obama.

It still hasn't happened.

What is a poor Hispanic voter to do? He does what most of the citizens of the U.S. does. He decides voting is useless and doesn't get involved.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#9 Apr 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Anyone born other than the native americans who were here originally are immigrants. Who are u people to judge the Mexicans. AND this immigration issue spans across India Asia Canada etc why is the focus on Mexicans. U people love to hate. It's sad. I hope more Latinos choose to join with the minorities esp the African Americans to fight this blatant racism.
You are another "deflector" trying to direct the avenue of debate. What's sad is that you cant stand on your own feet. You always have to unite or join. Now that's sad. Go ahead on down to Southside and butt in with your rhetoric with the Blacks. I doubt you'll make national news.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Get over yourself...even the "native Americans" migrated from another place...it has nothing to do with race or ethnicity, it has to do with this being a soveriegn country with specific immigration laws in place that are being violated mainly by those who sneak in mainly from Mexico and other South American countries as well as from other countries. They have not complied with our laws and as a result of their refusal to abide by them, should be removed as the laws dictate.
Leon

Crest Hill, IL

#11 Apr 7, 2012
Fed Up Vet wrote:
I can understand why Hispanics registrations might be down.
The Republicans promised Comprehensive Immigration under Bush.
The Democrats promised Comprehensive Immigration under Obama.
It still hasn't happened.
What is a poor Hispanic voter to do? He does what most of the citizens of the U.S. does. He decides voting is useless and doesn't get involved.
Politicians can promise illegal aliens anything they want. The American people by an overwhelming majority do not want illegal aliensin the country.
The government may very well fall. The number of traitors is almost at the point where the American people will step in and return the government to the people.
People are not arming themselves to just let this corruption to continue.
Obama, Holder and the leftists are pushing for a confrontation. Just ask NBC.

The Notorious Rico

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#12 Apr 7, 2012
When the Latinos put Obama into the White House for another 4 years, Obama should paint the White House Black and add Martin Luther King Jr to Mt Rushmore.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#13 Apr 7, 2012
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians can promise illegal aliens anything they want. The American people by an overwhelming majority do not want illegal aliensin the country.
The government may very well fall. The number of traitors is almost at the point where the American people will step in and return the government to the people.
People are not arming themselves to just let this corruption to continue.
Obama, Holder and the leftists are pushing for a confrontation. Just ask NBC.
Let the war begin!

heheeheheh!!!
ima

El Paso, TX

#14 Apr 7, 2012
could that be because many were voting fraudulantly? and are afraid of the ID issues?? perhaps this next election will be honestly and truthfully won by a sincere, patriotic, all American born (no questionable birth issue-status) and deserving indivual??
5th amendment

Traverse City, MI

#15 Apr 7, 2012
Fact wrote:
An estimated 20 million illegals will be voting this election for Obama.
Half of wich aren't eligible. But his time voter ID laws wil get some, thus the decline in numbers.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#16 Apr 7, 2012
Guess SEIU isn't handing out free purple t-shirts at'voter registration drives' this yr.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#17 Apr 7, 2012
copperpossum wrote:
Guess SEIU isn't handing out free purple t-shirts at'voter registration drives' this yr.
Hows that UN take over of Alabama?

ROLF!!!

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#18 Apr 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the war begin!
heheeheheh!!!
Didn't Zimmerman just start that?

Hispanic dimocrat shoots unarmed young black man.

Media blames white Republicans. Nice.

Since: Jan 12

Dallas, TX

#19 Apr 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Mexicans who are here illegally should be rounded up as criminals, even mexico doesn't allow illegals in Theire country, let them go find a better life back home, we Americans don't care about your problems so stop trying to use that same old we're all in the same boat crap , my family came to this country legally, how bout yours ?
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#20 Apr 7, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Not true.

When Native born Americans held the Revolution they bought by blood the country and the Continental Army was made up of native born colonists, NOT IMMIGRANTS. The smallpox vaccination records prove that.

We are the legal owners of the country now and it is for US and US alone to decide who comes to this country. You cannot have sovereignty as a country without that. My ancestors did not put their lives on the line for "immigrants". They put their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor on the line to obtain liberty for themselves and their posterity. They then chose to allow a limited number of immigrants (who failed to alter or abolish their bad governements on their own so they tucked their tails between their legs and came here) and for the most part assimilated into being like their native brethren.

American Patriots don't hate Mexicans, but they do despise ILLEGAL ALIENS, a great number of whom if not most of whom ARE Mexican due to the ease of breaking in across the world's least defended problem border.

Mexicans and Hispanics don't help to earn respect for themselves when their so called leaders are more interested in bringing more of them in whether legal or not just to increase their own crooked power base. When Mexicans and Hispanics in general appear to be more intersted in their former countrymen than their supposed NEW contrymen, there is no reason to have any respect for them. After all my ancestors put bullets into their ancestors to create America.

The other groups mentioned just do not have anywhere near as high a percentage of illegals as the Mexicans do. When they do and if they act as the Mexicans/Hispanics seem to have acted if you listen to the so called leaders (non assimilation, support for illegal aliens over unemployed Americans, no respect for our immigration and other laws), they too will get the same reaction of disgust from Americans.

The racism excuse is shown to be BS. It is just another tired Libtard line to parrot when they don't have any truth behind them.

If you love Mexicans so much why don't you just move there to be among those you love?

Or how about any one of the other 20 Hispanic countries in this hemisphere- all without racism? Run to them and live there racism free forever since that is so important to you. I will help you pack!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best-selling author gets trolled at high school... 13 hr PushPhartsx 1
News Obama Dozed - People Froze AKA Obama's Katrina (Feb '09) Feb 24 Jaydon 2,068
News The history of Houston's Rice Hotel Feb 23 UserPhart 3
News How to get comfortable with diversity Jan '17 Einstein Nukes 5
News Study dubs Houston a global 'knowledge capital' Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 2
News Report: It's Getting More Expensive to Rent or ... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Fert farts 7
News How ISIS is going against Islam's teachings (Mar '16) Mar '16 THEunknownKNOWN 11
More from around the web