Bravo Brenda Lee! Jehovah's Witnesses...

Bravo Brenda Lee! Jehovah's Witnesses 'Gosp...

There are 333 comments on the Daily Journal story from Jun 22, 2011, titled Bravo Brenda Lee! Jehovah's Witnesses 'Gosp.... In it, Daily Journal reports that:

Jehovah Witness Cult Survivor Tells Childhood Story Colorado Author to be Featured in Nationwide Documentary Brenda Lee, author of Out of the Cocoon: A Young Woman's Courageous Flight from the Grip of a Religious Cult will be one of four women affected by cults to be featured in an episode of the documentary television series produced by Pangolin ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

New Student

“Jesus's Father is NOT Jehovah”

Since: Apr 08

Beamsville, Canada

#1 Jun 22, 2011
Bravo, you broke the chains of Satan and escaped the non-Christian, satanic cult of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#2 Jun 22, 2011
will pick up this book to read. her own mom shunned for because the org told her so... that is exactly what happened with my niece shunned and disowned by her own mom... how sick is that.

i would hope more people will come out who are well known that have escaped and left..
Hmmm

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Jun 22, 2011
She is very brave, she just supports what all of us who were children abused by the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses post here.
She just proves the lies and propaganda the WBTS prints, is nothing but evil and destroys the lives of children and destroys the family unit.

How sad that parents like Florida Native continue this cycle of abuse, and actually brag about it.

Disgusting.

Watch the documentaries, very interesting and shows the vast differences between religious faith and cults.
goodread

Princeton, KY

#4 Jun 22, 2011
I read the book about 2 months ago, its a good read and very honest.

Hmmm

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Jun 22, 2011
Lee concludes:ďMy ongoing goal is to raise awareness about how a simple encounter with someone who deceives and manipulates can and often does turn into something from which you canít escape without emotional and/or financial ruin. Our relationship with family is irreplaceable. Unfortunately, any toxic cult can steal our loved ones from us and thatís why we need to understand how to spot them when they come recruiting. Remember, people donít join cults; cults recruit people.Ē

Read more: International Falls Journal - Jehovah s Witnesses Childhood Story
corey ander

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2011
youtube memorial very disgusting

Since: Mar 09

United States

#7 Jun 22, 2011
Her loss. Each person makes their own choice. We can either walk the "narrow" path to life....or follow the "broad and spacious"one to destruction. Those are the ONLY two choices we have. No middle ground.

New Student

“Jesus's Father is NOT Jehovah”

Since: Apr 08

Beamsville, Canada

#8 Jun 22, 2011
Nomi wrote:
Her loss. Each person makes their own choice. We can either walk the "narrow" path to life....or follow the "broad and spacious"one to destruction. Those are the ONLY two choices we have. No middle ground.
No, it was Satan's loss when she left.

But Satan's gain when you became a Jehovah's Witness.

Jehovahís Witnesses claim to use the Bible as their "supreme authority".

Where in the Bible does anyone count their time in preaching on a slip of paper and are assigned record cards of activity, determining this as a "gauge to their spirituality"?

Where in the Bible are Pioneers mentioned?

Where in the Bible are Auxiliary Pioneers mentioned?

Where in the Bible are Bethelites mentioned?

Where in the Bible are Kingdom Halls mentioned?

Where in the Bible does it say that anyone born after 1935 can not go to heaven?

Where in the Bible does it say that men are prohibited from wearing beards?

Where in the Bible does it say that after a prophecy fails, if the prophet admits he made a mistake, he is no longer a false prophet (see Deut 18:20-22)?

Where does the Bible say that a person must belong to an organization that will start in the late 19th century and be headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, in order to survive Armageddon?

It's a cult!!
Hmmm

Bolingbrook, IL

#9 Jun 23, 2011
The emotional abuse of the Jehovah's Witness cult destroys families and society.
Nomi and EE and their family tragedies are the norm of the dysfunction brought on by the abuse.
One son killed himself the other was so emotionally broken he stood by as his child was brutally abused.
Both left the cult, but it was too late for them, their mothers had let the cult do too much damage.
Sad.
Bravo to Brenda for educating the public!
True witness

United States

#10 Jun 23, 2011
Since there is only one God of the Bible and he demands exclusive devotion and will not tolerate false gods, mankind needs to see where they stand.
Exodus 20:1-5

If you are not worshipers of Jehovah God, then you are in this wicked world where Satan is the god of immorality and war. You are the ones in a cult, religions led by man's teachings and doctrines.
Matthew 15:9

Only the Bible is God's word to mankind, and he does not allow homosexuality, sex without marriage, eating blood,
fighting or hatred among his people.
1John 2:15

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 23, 2011
True witness wrote:
Since there is only one God of the Bible and he demands exclusive devotion and will not tolerate false gods, mankind needs to see where they stand.
Exodus 20:1-5
If you are not worshipers of Jehovah God, then you are in this wicked world where Satan is the god of immorality and war. You are the ones in a cult, religions led by man's teachings and doctrines.
Matthew 15:9
Only the Bible is God's word to mankind, and he does not allow homosexuality, sex without marriage, eating blood,
fighting or hatred among his people.
1John 2:15
You do not have to be a 'Jehovah's witness to worship Jehovah God. That is where you go wrong.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#12 Jun 23, 2011
thanks goodread. will pick it up this weekend and send a copy to my family.. it is a beginning.
True witness

United States

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Anyone can worship Jehovah God, and being a baptized Jehovah's witness doesn't make you a true Christian.

It is being in the spiritual paradise that makes you acceptable to Jehovah and a sheep of Jesus as the reigning King in heaven. Galatians 5:16-18

A true Christian is constant in being obedient to the law of Christ and fully accomplishes his ministry.
They are loyal and remain with the flock. 2Timothy 4:5
Hmmm

Bolingbrook, IL

#14 Jun 23, 2011
True witness wrote:
Anyone can worship Jehovah God, and being a baptized Jehovah's witness doesn't make you a true Christian.
It is being in the spiritual paradise that makes you acceptable to Jehovah and a sheep of Jesus as the reigning King in heaven. Galatians 5:16-18
A true Christian is constant in being obedient to the law of Christ and fully accomplishes his ministry.
They are loyal and remain with the flock. 2Timothy 4:5
So obviously that rules out Jehovah's Witnesses since they are not Christian.
True witness

United States

#15 Jun 23, 2011
Take your nap Columbo...

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Johnson City, TN

#16 Jun 23, 2011
I understand Brenda Lee's views about the Watchtower Society members. Many of them are arrogant with attitudes just as the video shows-I'm good- I will live; your bad- your going to die. I agree with her except about the blood, neutrality, and birthday (holidays). Jesus nor the early Christians involved themselves with politics and worldly holidays. Act 15:20 clearly says to obstain from blood. But she is really being able to clearly project the attitude many of them have. Thanks for the efforts, it is slightly leftist inculcating today's cultural views. 'A' on effort.
kjw47

Gansevoort, NY

#17 Jun 23, 2011
unlisted wrote:
will pick up this book to read. her own mom shunned for because the org told her so... that is exactly what happened with my niece shunned and disowned by her own mom... how sick is that.
i would hope more people will come out who are well known that have escaped and left..
If you believe its sick maybe you should tell Jesus that-- Matt 10: 34-36

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#18 Jun 23, 2011
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
I understand Brenda Lee's views about the Watchtower Society members. Many of them are arrogant with attitudes just as the video shows-I'm good- I will live; your bad- your going to die. I agree with her except about the blood, neutrality, and birthday (holidays). Jesus nor the early Christians involved themselves with politics and worldly holidays. Act 15:20 clearly says to obstain from blood. But she is really being able to clearly project the attitude many of them have. Thanks for the efforts, it is slightly leftist inculcating today's cultural views.'A' on effort.
Good Post.

New Student

“Jesus's Father is NOT Jehovah”

Since: Apr 08

Beamsville, Canada

#19 Jun 23, 2011
kjw47 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe its sick maybe you should tell Jesus that-- Matt 10: 34-36
The non-Christian cult of Jehovah's Witnesses does not follow scripture regarding shunning.

We don't have to tell Jesus.

Jesus knows it already.

Jesus knows your every thought.

Jesus knows you worship a false god.

You will be required to explain that to Jesus when Jesus judges you.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#20 Jun 23, 2011
Paul said that some might leave, because they were not of "our sort". Indicating, for whatever reason, their heart condition is not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Regis University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope John Paul II one step closer to becoming a... (Jul '13) Jul '13 victracy 1
News Chair Of DNC In Colorado To Talk To Women Voters (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sgt Schultz 1
News Martin-Stachurski (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jumper 1
News Highlands Mommies map: If you don't live within... (Dec '10) Dec '10 I dont think so 9
News Defends his degree from diploma mill (Aug '08) Feb '10 Brook 2
Business and Finance (Mar '09) Mar '09 srb 1
News Latino groups lobby for in-state tuition (Mar '09) Mar '09 Too Bad 1
More from around the web