Gay student gets "new" car after vand...

Gay student gets "new" car after vandalism

There are 15 comments on the www.cbsnews.com story from Aug 23, 2012, titled Gay student gets "new" car after vandalism. In it, www.cbsnews.com reports that:

Jordan Addison reacts upon seeing his car Aug. 20, 2012, in Roanoke, Va., after an auto body shop repaired and improved it for free.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbsnews.com.

“I won't be your hero.”

Since: Jul 12

Vacaville, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Well, that's cool of the autobody shop to do that for him.

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#2 Aug 23, 2012
Awesome

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Kudos to them!

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#4 Aug 23, 2012
Why was the trailer hitch brown but not rusty?

rebecca in conyers

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#5 Aug 23, 2012
Wonderful to know there are still good folks around.
Here on Mars

Sterling, VA

#6 Aug 23, 2012
Well I wish they would come to Mars with a tow truck and tow away all the space rovers and crashed junk those nasty Earthlings left up here. Oh good to know that gay people on Earth get such a nice reward when they get offended and when a normal Earthling gets his car bashed he gets nothing how lop sided is that crazy country you live in. Minority people have more say than ordinary folks who try to live a good life but are always having to step aside for the "other "people" weird I musr say
Lonnie

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Aug 24, 2012
Obama should do that for re-election. Give all the gays a new Chevrolet.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Spotted World

#8 Aug 24, 2012
I say this is touching. Still, if this act of kindness helps keep him alive and keeps him in college, I am all for it.

Hopefully he didn't vandalize it himself. Sadly, a lot of that has been happening lately. Such people think they are helping the cause when they are actually making it harder on other LGBTs.

One lesbian couple had things broken around their yard, their door kicked in, slurs on walls, etc. So the cops put up surveillance. Suspiciously, the camera they set up caught nothing the next time their house got trashed. So the cops turned the camera back on and without their knowledge, set up another one. The next time their residence was trashed, the cops examined the hidden camera. There, it showed the women disabling the other camera and then vandalizing their own property with anti-gay slurs. I believe they got charged with a number of false police reports and criminal mischief, and they ended up taking a plea deal.

There was a recent story where a lesbian carved anti-gay slurs into her own skin then reported that some random homophobe attacked her.

“goodbye topix”

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

#9 Aug 24, 2012
Yeh, that's nice of them, but then again it's a bit of advertiszing for them too; which is fair.

Huh, yeh, "spotted girl" there have been some bad stuff lately, but then there's this sorta thing been going on with anyone ("straights") since forever. It's a typical kid's thing & make out like someone else did it, shame is some adults don't grow outta that. Doesn't mean all GLBT should be suspect anymore than all people who are "victims" should automattically be suspect.

Spotted World

#10 Aug 24, 2012
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
Yeh, that's nice of them, but then again it's a bit of advertiszing for them too; which is fair.
Huh, yeh, "spotted girl" there have been some bad stuff lately, but then there's this sorta thing been going on with anyone ("straights") since forever. It's a typical kid's thing & make out like someone else did it, shame is some adults don't grow outta that. Doesn't mean all GLBT should be suspect anymore than all people who are "victims" should automattically be suspect.
Yes, but "minorities" of any sort are more likely to play dirty tricks than members of the majority. It isn't because of any difference in morality, just that more privileged people lack a need to do so and feel they have more to lose. It is like I've said when it comes to both ends of the class spectrum. The richest and the poorest are so much alike, but for different reasons. The poorest have nothing to live for and don't care, and others expect nothing from them, so they can get by with more. The richest can buy their way out of most jams, and have so much power and influence, that they don't care. It is the middle class who faces the most pressures.

There are some out there, bigots I guess, who see gayness as an acquired character defect, and believe it is connected to other traits. They claim it is like an addiction, and if an addict can get someone who stands between them and their addiction in trouble, some just might. Others claim gayness itself is a cry for attention (perhaps for the same-sex parent but projected to others of the same sex).

I am not saying I believe nor endorse the above. People will think and say everything. Right now, the big thing stirring are the idiots (and I don't use the term often) who don't believe rape can cause pregnancy. I read the research, and the type of vaginal sex, whether rape or consensual has very little bearing on pregnancy as an outcome. In one study, rape victims were twice as likely to get pregnant, lending to the hypothesis that rapists may select based on subconscious fertility cues. However, that finding was not duplicate in other studies.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11 Aug 24, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
I say this is touching. Still, if this act of kindness helps keep him alive and keeps him in college, I am all for it.
Hopefully he didn't vandalize it himself. Sadly, a lot of that has been happening lately. Such people think they are helping the cause when they are actually making it harder on other LGBTs.
One lesbian couple had things broken around their yard, their door kicked in, slurs on walls, etc. So the cops put up surveillance. Suspiciously, the camera they set up caught nothing the next time their house got trashed. So the cops turned the camera back on and without their knowledge, set up another one. The next time their residence was trashed, the cops examined the hidden camera. There, it showed the women disabling the other camera and then vandalizing their own property with anti-gay slurs. I believe they got charged with a number of false police reports and criminal mischief, and they ended up taking a plea deal.
There was a recent story where a lesbian carved anti-gay slurs into her own skin then reported that some random homophobe attacked her.
This is the stupidest post you've likely done in the last five minutes. If police could eliminate the crime that happens in head, the world would be a much nicer place.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 24, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but "minorities" of any sort are more likely to play dirty tricks than members of the majority. It isn't because of any difference in morality, just that more privileged people lack a need to do so and feel they have more to lose. It is like I've said when it comes to both ends of the class spectrum. The richest and the poorest are so much alike, but for different reasons. The poorest have nothing to live for and don't care, and others expect nothing from them, so they can get by with more. The richest can buy their way out of most jams, and have so much power and influence, that they don't care. It is the middle class who faces the most pressures.
There are some out there, bigots I guess, who see gayness as an acquired character defect, and believe it is connected to other traits. They claim it is like an addiction, and if an addict can get someone who stands between them and their addiction in trouble, some just might. Others claim gayness itself is a cry for attention (perhaps for the same-sex parent but projected to others of the same sex).
I am not saying I believe nor endorse the above. People will think and say everything. Right now, the big thing stirring are the idiots (and I don't use the term often) who don't believe rape can cause pregnancy. I read the research, and the type of vaginal sex, whether rape or consensual has very little bearing on pregnancy as an outcome. In one study, rape victims were twice as likely to get pregnant, lending to the hypothesis that rapists may select based on subconscious fertility cues. However, that finding was not duplicate in other studies.
I didn't even read this one.

Spotted World

#13 Aug 24, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>This is the stupidest post you've likely done in the last five minutes. If police could eliminate the crime that happens in head, the world would be a much nicer place.
Here you go, here's a hug. You could use one.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Aug 25, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
Hopefully....
You are insane filth.

Spotted World

#17 Aug 26, 2012
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
You are insane filth.
You could use a hug too! Hugs :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Radford University VOTED WORST COLLEGE IS VIRGI... (Aug '09) Jul '16 Faith 44
LeBron or Jordan? (Jul '16) Jul '16 sillyquips 1
News Artist climbs ladders to create public art project (Mar '14) Mar '14 Kate 2
News Radford University Cuts Swimming and Diving (Feb '14) Feb '14 Upset student parent 1
News More typos possible on Radford University diplomas (Jul '13) Sep '13 terron 4
News More Misspellings Found on Radford Diplomas (Jun '13) Jun '13 daily 1
News Albemarle Police Take Recruiting Efforts to Sou... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Lone Justice 18
More from around the web