AHIF Hosts Ninth Annual Future of Hellenism in America Conference

Dec 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hellenic News of America

AHIF Hosts Ninth Annual Future of Hellenism in America Conference WASHINGTON, DC - The American Hellenic Institute Foundation hosted its Ninth Annual Conference on the Future of Hellenism in America, keeping the discussion of the promotion and preservation of Hellenism at the forefront of the community.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Blackadder

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

I read this nonsense and concluded...

No wonder the Greeks are fccukked.

Over inflated views of American Greeks by/of Greeks who have no clue of the mess Greece has caused in Europe and the chaos within Greece itself.

What they should be examining is:

How can a country of 10m people end up with a $400b debt,80% tax avoidance, corrption on a biblical scale and a population unaccustomed to working beyond 53?

and...

where are the corporate and public thieves and where have they put the money they stole from the people of Greece?

The self indulgent nonsense of this article/event shows just how arrogant and detached the Greeks really are from the rest of the civilised world.

Rather they talk about some romantic notion of Greece being a bastion of culture and a good example of the civilised world.

They even want to promote Greece/Greeks !!!!!

Classic case of Greek academia/wealthy promoting a vision of Greeks/Greece that is no more accurate than describing North Korea as a model of democracy.

I now understand why the American Greeks who comment here are so wild and crazy with their comments on Cyprus.

Detached and stupid - get into the real world, you mumpheads.
Akritas

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Blackadder wrote:
I read this nonsense and concluded...
No wonder the Greeks are fccukked.
Over inflated views of American Greeks by/of Greeks who have no clue of the mess Greece has caused in Europe and the chaos within Greece itself.
What they should be examining is:
How can a country of 10m people end up with a $400b debt,80% tax avoidance, corrption on a biblical scale and a population unaccustomed to working beyond 53?
and...
where are the corporate and public thieves and where have they put the money they stole from the people of Greece?
The self indulgent nonsense of this article/event shows just how arrogant and detached the Greeks really are from the rest of the civilised world.
Rather they talk about some romantic notion of Greece being a bastion of culture and a good example of the civilised world.
They even want to promote Greece/Greeks !!!!!
Classic case of Greek academia/wealthy promoting a vision of Greeks/Greece that is no more accurate than describing North Korea as a model of democracy.
I now understand why the American Greeks who comment here are so wild and crazy with their comments on Cyprus.
Detached and stupid - get into the real world, you mumpheads.
Barbarian!

Your old Divide & Rule policy no longer works.

Greeks from UK, USA, Australia & elswhere are fully commited to the just cause in Cyprus.

We will continue to expose your lies over Greek & Cypriot issues.

Greece is owed 100 Billion by the West for bringing Civilisation & Freedom to the West, otherwise UK would have been a Muslim country more quickly than it is today.

The Worst Tax Avoiders in the World are British Companies. Or have you not read about UK Uncuts Campaign against Vodaphone & Philip (Greek Name) Green?
Blackadder

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Akritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbarian!
Your old Divide & Rule policy no longer works.
Greeks from UK, USA, Australia & elswhere are fully commited to the just cause in Cyprus.
We will continue to expose your lies over Greek & Cypriot issues.
Greece is owed 100 Billion by the West for bringing Civilisation & Freedom to the West, otherwise UK would have been a Muslim country more quickly than it is today.
The Worst Tax Avoiders in the World are British Companies. Or have you not read about UK Uncuts Campaign against Vodaphone & Philip (Greek Name) Green?
Anything else to add - please enlighten us with your calm reflection.

By the way, if Greece is that great, go live there rather than sponge off us, you ungrateful jerk.

Regardless of where you were born, people who do not like this country should go somewhere else.

You will not go live in Greece, because you and I both know, IT IS FCCUKKKED.

You deserve Greece - GO LIVE THERE.
Gat

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, if Greece is that great, go live there rather than sponge off us, you ungrateful jerk.
Regardless of where you were born, people who do not like this country should go somewhere else.
Isn't this a Cyprus forum or you still ranting your racist ways towards greece!

You deserve Turkey- GO LIVE THERE NOW! since you suk*c there balls & cox on here all day.
Guy

Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Gat wrote:
<quoted text>
You deserve Turkey- GO LIVE THERE NOW! since you suk*c there balls & cox on here all day.
Hmmmn??, Just what is it about you, are you out of insults or(As I suspect), do YOU have desire to Suck Turkish Vilo?, Eh Pushtomalaka?
Gat

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmn??, Just what is it about you, are you out of insults or(As I suspect), do YOU have desire to Suck Turkish Vilo?, Eh Pushtomalaka?
and you would come to the defense of blackadder. does your mother sk his dick as well or do you?. you decided to use my screen name and start trouble again. I guess you were bored of us talikin normally. your nothing but a hypocite and fk yur momma lol
Guy

Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Gat wrote:
<quoted text>
and you would come to the defense of blackadder. does your mother sk his dick as well or do you?. you decided to use my screen name and start trouble again. I guess you were bored of us talikin normally. your nothing but a hypocite and fk yur momma lol
Now thats where you are wrong, I didnt stoop to bringing mothers back into it, You, quite clearly had no issue with this, So firstly you bottle it from a meeting with Blackadder on home turf!!!, now you're mentioning mothers again, you're to to pissed on and pitied.
Gat

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Now thats where you are wrong, I didnt stoop to bringing mothers back into it, You, quite clearly had no issue with this, So firstly you bottle it from a meeting with Blackadder on home turf!!!, now you're mentioning mothers again, you're to to pissed on and pitied.
your nothing but a hypocrite liar, who is bored and needed to start trouble with me once again.

why would i even start attacking you? when i have been civilized with you?

why did you need to use my screen name and start trouble again?
Blackadder

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Gat wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you jerk off at the AHIF conference then?
Read what the Greek yanks are talikng about at that event and then read my comments.
I am not wrong - never am.
Greeks should take my advice and focus on what matters.
Your response was highly offensive - what is wrong with you?
Blackadder

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Gat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have homes in the Uk and the South of France - thats enough.

I like Turkey a lot, but its not for me.

By the way, I was criticising Greece and not praising Turkey, you idiot.
Akritas

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not choose to have been born in this Cold, Ugly, Grey & Unpleasant Land.

My Parents were forced to emigrate here due to the hardship caused by the Brits in Cyprus in the 1950s.

It beggars belief how many Muslims enter the UK everyday to claim Benefits & Sponge off people like me who have been claiming Benefits all my lifE & now own Villas in Cyprus & Crete (all legit in my Wifes name).

Why should I tAke money from Greece & Cyprus when UK gives mE 30K per annum? It is indecent to take money from Greece or Cyprus.

Moy

Since: May 10

east coast scotland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Akritas wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not choose to have been born in this Cold, Ugly, Grey & Unpleasant Land.
My Parents were forced to emigrate here due to the hardship caused by the Brits in Cyprus in the 1950s.
It beggars belief how many Muslims enter the UK everyday to claim Benefits & Sponge off people like me who have been claiming Benefits all my lifE & now own Villas in Cyprus & Crete (all legit in my Wifes name).
Why should I tAke money from Greece & Cyprus when UK gives mE 30K per annum? It is indecent to take money from Greece or Cyprus.
Akritas if you were born in the UK,why did your sons go to the Greek Army and the Cypriot National Guard? Is this so they can inherit your villas in Greece and Cyprus?
Are you saying you have received 30k per annum from benefits or are you disabled and can't work.
It seems sad that you can't go and live in your villas,as you seem unhappy in cold,grey,ugly and unpleasant land.
What's stopping you from living your dream life?
Akritas

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

Moy wrote:
<quoted text>Akritas if you were born in the UK,why did your sons go to the Greek Army and the Cypriot National Guard? Is this so they can inherit your villas in Greece and Cyprus?
Are you saying you have received 30k per annum from benefits or are you disabled and can't work.
It seems sad that you can't go and live in your villas,as you seem unhappy in cold,grey,ugly and unpleasant land.
What's stopping you from living your dream life?
Better to be Rich in Hell, than poor in Paradise?

My Wife is English & won't move to Cyprus. However next time I take her to Mt Troodos I may cause her to fall of a Cliff. English Bitch. I could do with a younger Russian tart.
news

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

Akritas wrote:
<quoted text>
My Wife is English & won't move to Cyprus. However next time I take her to Mt Troodos I may cause her to fall of a Cliff. English Bitch. I could do with a younger Russian tart.
Every war has casualties from both sides. The perpetrators are not the soldiers who are doing their duty but the governments who gave the ok or who chose policies that would endanger the lives of their citizens.

Akritas, if what soldiers did in 74 portrays them as barbaric how do you classify yourslef with your above comments? You are married to a rich woman, married her obviously for her money and you won't' hesitate to cowardly kill her so you can be free and continue to indulge of her wealth. There is something else that Cypriots are well known here in the STates for. They trick young (of age of course)girls into marrying them, persuading them to keep it a secret from their parents,and as soon as they get the green card they dumb them. Behind it all is their sweet mother who is always proud of their sons accomplishments.

I would rather be poor and decent than rich and a monster.
news

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

Akritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding the parasite, I see your point. Like many others here, you would rather fantasize about the parasite. Like others, you are afraid that any negative comments might spoil this fantasy world of yours and that explains the anger when real issues are posted on this forum.

In others words, have Cyprus to fantasize about and Uk to benefit from and all is well. Many pretend they are away awaiting for a solution and they will rush back to their sweet Cyprus but in your case, you will have to kill your wife, inherite her wealth and then and only then return as a rich man to the paradise of your dreams. The more I read about you guys the more I agree that you belong to ancient times.
Rachel

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

news wrote:
<quoted text>
Every war has casualties from both sides. The perpetrators are not the soldiers who are doing their duty but the governments who gave the ok or who chose policies that would endanger the lives of their citizens.
Akritas, if what soldiers did in 74 portrays them as barbaric how do you classify yourslef with your above comments? You are married to a rich woman, married her obviously for her money and you won't' hesitate to cowardly kill her so you can be free and continue to indulge of her wealth. There is something else that Cypriots are well known here in the STates for. They trick young (of age of course)girls into marrying them, persuading them to keep it a secret from their parents,and as soon as they get the green card they dumb them. Behind it all is their sweet mother who is always proud of their sons accomplishments.
Tut, tut, tut back again so soon, with the same imagined, boring, racist, crap. I have bumped this back to the top seeing as you conviniently ignored it last time.

I agree with nearly everything you have written, except the part about everybody in Cyprus "being on the take" and the following..........

I am essentially a foreginer in Cyprus, I have no living close relatives there. I have bought built and sold land and properties in Cyprus over the past 10 years. I have transferred money in and out of bank accounts, paid builders and other tradesmen (sometimes in advance) for work that has always been done to my satisfaction. In my many transactions I have NOT ONCE been defrauded, treated dishonestly or been asked for bribes etc. Now you may say that I have been lucky or you may even call me a liar, but you cannot honestly say that Moys experiences in Cyprus qualify you or her to continually repeat the mantra that all Cypriots are dishonest. That is a plainly racist view and one that is akin to all Jews being greedy or all Scots being mean.

I do not yet have the deeds for my newest property in Cyprus, I expect I will get them in the next couple of years or so, but in any case my property is still sellable, as was demonstrated in my last visit when I was offered substantially more than I paid for it even though it is not for sale. You can sell properties without deeds, this has been the norm in Cyprus for many years now.

I dissagree that it is more difficult to get justice in Cyprus than anywhere else. As is the norm around the world, money talks. You are no more likely to win a case in the US without smoothing the path with money than you are in Cyprus, you may end up paying different people but the outcome is the same.

Despite your assertion that Cyprus is a den of corruption and that you and I live in some democratic utopia, you are wrong, The US in particular is one of the most corrupt and racist countries in the world and the UK is not too far behind.

With regard to what happened in 1974, it seems very easy for you to trivialise and brush over it as a minor inconvinience. Seeing as you seem to be a humanistic kind of person with sensitivity and some knowledge of the area, I cannot understand your very ignorant behaviour in this regard, unless you are sided with the invaders and therfore one of the beneficiaries of the thieft, I cannot see any other reason for your one sided and very biased posts.

And finally, you are correct, this is the Cyprus forum and unless it has escaped you, the most pressing and important issue is the huge elephant that is still in the room. Although 15k worth of dental work on the cypriot tax payer may be amusing, it is not really what Cypriots from both sides are on here to discuss.

Please stop with your one sided diatribe.

R

Bump, The truth really hurts doesn't it?
Rachel

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

news wrote:
<quoted text>
Tut, tut, tut back again so soon, with the same imagined, boring, racist, crap. I have bumped this back to the top seeing as you conviniently ignored it last time.

I agree with nearly everything you have written, except the part about everybody in Cyprus "being on the take" and the following..........

I am essentially a foreginer in Cyprus, I have no living close relatives there. I have bought built and sold land and properties in Cyprus over the past 10 years. I have transferred money in and out of bank accounts, paid builders and other tradesmen (sometimes in advance) for work that has always been done to my satisfaction. In my many transactions I have NOT ONCE been defrauded, treated dishonestly or been asked for bribes etc. Now you may say that I have been lucky or you may even call me a liar, but you cannot honestly say that Moys experiences in Cyprus qualify you or her to continually repeat the mantra that all Cypriots are dishonest. That is a plainly racist view and one that is akin to all Jews being greedy or all Scots being mean.

I do not yet have the deeds for my newest property in Cyprus, I expect I will get them in the next couple of years or so, but in any case my property is still sellable, as was demonstrated in my last visit when I was offered substantially more than I paid for it even though it is not for sale. You can sell properties without deeds, this has been the norm in Cyprus for many years now.

I dissagree that it is more difficult to get justice in Cyprus than anywhere else. As is the norm around the world, money talks. You are no more likely to win a case in the US without smoothing the path with money than you are in Cyprus, you may end up paying different people but the outcome is the same.

Despite your assertion that Cyprus is a den of corruption and that you and I live in some democratic utopia, you are wrong, The US in particular is one of the most corrupt and racist countries in the world and the UK is not too far behind.

With regard to what happened in 1974, it seems very easy for you to trivialise and brush over it as a minor inconvinience. Seeing as you seem to be a humanistic kind of person with sensitivity and some knowledge of the area, I cannot understand your very ignorant behaviour in this regard, unless you are sided with the invaders and therfore one of the beneficiaries of the thieft, I cannot see any other reason for your one sided and very biased posts.

And finally, you are correct, this is the Cyprus forum and unless it has escaped you, the most pressing and important issue is the huge elephant that is still in the room. Although 15k worth of dental work on the cypriot tax payer may be amusing, it is not really what Cypriots from both sides are on here to discuss.

R

Oh and BTW it was not a war it was an invasion, there is a huge difference!
news

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
R
Rachel,
The purpose of a debate is for the posters and others to see another option, another view or just for the fun of interacting with another open minded human being. When a post lacks the above it becomes just another petty attack of which I don't want to want to be part of. I respect your views and I agree with you that I shouldn't generalize and there are some Cypriots that deserve better. I still strongly believe that what I had said applies to the majority. Too many facts to ignore and too much first hand information.

Rachel, Cyprus forum shouldn' t be about the posters but the posts. It is ok to disagree but the disagreement should be on issues and not the poster. You are smart and you know the difference. Like a fool I thought to focus on my Christmas shopping and few important people in my life. I didn't want to take this thread further because I had nothing to add to it. You could have picked up my comments and continued with convincing arguments to the contrary of what I had said. Take care
Emre gonul supporter

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Wow e everybody is. Going bananas calm down people.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Akritas wrote:
Barbarian! Greece is owed 100 Billion by the West for bringing Civilisation & Freedom to the West, otherwise UK would have been a Muslim country more quickly than it is today.
Gee, maybe hosting another olympic games will help them out - they did suck [sic] a good job on the LAST one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Queens College Discussions

Search the Queens College Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jewish Latin American Writers Featured in Sympo... Mar '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Hicksville High School Principal Retires (Aug '13) Aug '13 melvin 1
Report: New York City May Allow Amnestied Illeg... (May '13) May '13 Exactly 6
Seeking a part- time nanny (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jennifer 1
Aung San Suu Kyi Meets With Ban Ki-Moon, Colleg... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anti-colonialist 3
Black flight to the south (Jun '11) May '12 Klan Killa 180
hacked (May '12) May '12 clifford 1
•••
•••