Should Children With Obesity Be Taken From Their Parents In Indianapolis?

Jul 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

A thought provoking article was published in the July 12th, 2011 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association .

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Phat is Sloth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Obese adults should be made to graze along our highways and interstates. If you have not noticed,the grass and weeds are getting a bit too high. Americans will eat anything. Especially if it's free.

Americans are lazy. Americans are fat. Put them to work.
yeah

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Chuckles, I DID explain it; you can't get more to-the-fact than "I'm allergic to milk"--something I learned to say from an early age. As I said, it was even in my file.
I could have been home-schooled, seeing as my mother has a teaching degree. But her specialty is english and not science or math, so a school placement was a better idea. Besides, homeschooling just creates pathetic morns with no coping skills.
<quoted text>
typical teacher. no wonder our schools suck. i had a teacher who couldn't do the math she was hired to teach. was that your mom?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

As I noted, she taught ENGLISH, including reading comprehension. Did your home-schoolin' mama not get to that when she was teaching you between tricks? BTW--my mom received a triple master's degree--english, business, and education. When did your mama drop out? 6th grade, to give birth to you?
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>typical teacher. no wonder our schools suck. I had a teacher who couldn't do the math she was hired to teach. was that your mom?
yeah

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
As I noted, she taught ENGLISH, including reading comprehension. Did your home-schoolin' mama not get to that when she was teaching you between tricks? BTW--my mom received a triple master's degree--english, business, and education. When did your mama drop out? 6th grade, to give birth to you?
<quoted text>
What a loser. Most teachers have to know how to teach all subjects. Your mom bore an idiot. Naturally, you were a product of inferior breeding. Not everyone has a whore for a mother, just you. Venereal diseases destroy the brain which explains the blemishes on your family tree. With a whoredom dating back to the colonial times, I'm impressed. You're a family of survivors.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

No, only in backwoods, isolated schools--or christer schools, which are the same thing--are teachers expected to teach multiple disciplines, at least beyond the first-grade level. Had you actually gone to a real school, you would know that.
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What a loser. Most teachers have to know how to teach all subjects. Your mom bore an idiot. Naturally, you were a product of inferior breeding. Not everyone has a whore for a mother, just you. Venereal diseases destroy the brain which explains the blemishes on your family tree. With a whoredom dating back to the colonial times, I'm impressed. You're a family of survivors.
heyfatkid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry, you xenophobic cretin, but real mexican food is not nearly as fattening as a cuisine as that of the french or germans, where butter is a main ingredient. In fact, vegetables make up the bulk of most hispanic dishes.
Even active children--regardless of race--can put on weight, so perhaps we need to investigate other factors.
<quoted text>
we know your were the fat kid everyone laughed at. ya could have cut the calories if you would of stop eating your boogers. your fat welfare bit ch momma fed you crap growing up. face it.
heyfatkid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
No, only in backwoods, isolated schools--or christer schools, which are the same thing--are teachers expected to teach multiple disciplines, at least beyond the first-grade level. Had you actually gone to a real school, you would know that.
<quoted text>
so you were a fat kid and a product of public ed? no wonder. can't get a job and living on someone's paycheck. typical.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Nope--completely wrong. Not the fat kid, went to parochial schools, work for myself and make a very comfortable living.

But why would anyone expect you to settle for facts?
heyfatkid wrote:
<quoted text>so you were a fat kid and a product of public ed? no wonder. can't get a job and living on someone's paycheck. typical.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Nope--completely wrong. Not the fat kid, went to parochial schools, work for myself and make a very comfortable living.
<quoted text>
These are "facts" just because you say so on an anonymous online forum? So everything anyone posts on these forums should be considered a fact even though there is absolutely no reason to believe it?

You claim to be educated, yet you make some of the most ridiculous and ignorant statements and claims of anyone on the forum. You claim to be tolerant, yet almost every post you make is full of hatred, insults, and self-pity. At least make an effort to make posts that illustrate the lies you want your readers to believe.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

Says the woman who wants to bring back slavery. I'm not tolerant of you, and with excellent reason.

Hatred? Nope--hatred is a very strong emotion, and you aren't worth the energy. You mistake hatred for mere contempt. Self-pity? Where precisely do I show self-pity? Specific examples.
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>
These are "facts" just because you say so on an anonymous online forum? So everything anyone posts on these forums should be considered a fact even though there is absolutely no reason to believe it?
You claim to be educated, yet you make some of the most ridiculous and ignorant statements and claims of anyone on the forum. You claim to be tolerant, yet almost every post you make is full of hatred, insults, and self-pity. At least make an effort to make posts that illustrate the lies you want your readers to believe.
Linda Bledsoe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Says the woman who wants to bring back slavery. I'm not tolerant of you, and with excellent reason.
Hatred? Nope--hatred is a very strong emotion, and you aren't worth the energy. You mistake hatred for mere contempt. Self-pity? Where precisely do I show self-pity? Specific examples.
<quoted text>
You demonstrate self-pity with nearly every post you make. Only a person who truly hates themselves would act like you towards others. I think you just really resent that fact that you were rejected by every female in your path and eventually settled with a homosexual lifestyle after so many years of disappointment. Every single person who has a religious or political belief that differs from you, you insult them and often their entire families. Just because you say it isn't hate doesn't make it true. Now, I don't really care at all if you hate, just pointing out the FACT that your behavior on here is hateful, insulting, bigoted, and hypocritical. Those are FACTS you cannot dispute.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

I take it you were out screwing the janitor when you were supposed to be in psych class. You have no clue how the mind works. If my verbal barbs are a result of "self-pity" then what horrific emotional disorder do you have that you would enslave your fellow humans?

How many "women" do you think had rejected me at age 14--when I realized it was boys who interested me, not girls? Being gay is inborn, idiot.
Linda Bledsoe wrote:
<quoted text>
You demonstrate self-pity with nearly every post you make. Only a person who truly hates themselves would act like you towards others. I think you just really resent that fact that you were rejected by every female in your path and eventually settled with a homosexual lifestyle after so many years of disappointment. Every single person who has a religious or political belief that differs from you, you insult them and often their entire families. Just because you say it isn't hate doesn't make it true. Now, I don't really care at all if you hate, just pointing out the FACT that your behavior on here is hateful, insulting, bigoted, and hypocritical. Those are FACTS you cannot dispute.
heyfatkid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the fatkid who's now between 30-35 and still lives in your mother's basement. Even the who res run away.
heyfatkid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I take it you were out screwing the janitor when you were supposed to be in psych class. You have no clue how the mind works. If my verbal barbs are a result of "self-pity" then what horrific emotional disorder do you have that you would enslave your fellow humans?
How many "women" do you think had rejected me at age 14--when I realized it was boys who interested me, not girls? Being gay is inborn, idiot.
<quoted text>
Oh I see, you're an angry gay boy. Even worse. They say gay can be genetic particularly when the mother did not take enough folic acid and other important nutrients during pregnancy. There is also some thought that gay babies were abused at a very young age and became gender confused.There is a correlation between gays and single mothers. Gay people are often plagued with mental illnesses such as bipolar, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, depression and more. In other cases, it's driven by their peers and what they see in the media.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

Fascinating--you managed ot once again be wrong about EVERY SINGLE THING you wrote.

If it's genetic, folic acid would have nothing to do with it; if folic acid is involved, it can't be genetic.

The APA put the "abused child" etiology for homosexuality to rest decades ago; keep up. Nor are gays confused; we know exactly what we want.

HUMANS are subject to mental disorders. Being gay does not increase the likelihood of such problems UNLESS they are the result of living in an oppressive society, and even then being gay is not the CAUSE.

Silly straight boy.
heyfatkid wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I see, you're an angry gay boy. Even worse. They say gay can be genetic particularly when the mother did not take enough folic acid and other important nutrients during pregnancy. There is also some thought that gay babies were abused at a very young age and became gender confused.There is a correlation between gays and single mothers. Gay people are often plagued with mental illnesses such as bipolar, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, depression and more. In other cases, it's driven by their peers and what they see in the media.
heyfatkid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Fascinating--you managed ot once again be wrong about EVERY SINGLE THING you wrote.
If it's genetic, folic acid would have nothing to do with it; if folic acid is involved, it can't be genetic.
The APA put the "abused child" etiology for homosexuality to rest decades ago; keep up. Nor are gays confused; we know exactly what we want.
HUMANS are subject to mental disorders. Being gay does not increase the likelihood of such problems UNLESS they are the result of living in an oppressive society, and even then being gay is not the CAUSE.
Silly straight boy.
<quoted text>
Your genes can't build cells if they lack nutrients, dumbarse. Genetic anomalies can be a result of inherited and environmental causes, you farking idiot.

Abuse can cause many psychological disorders including gender confusion. If you're born a guy and act like a girl, that's confused. Schizophrenics and people with BPD are but two examples. Society is attempting to eliminate the stigma through the media because we need gays to curb the population growth. Hollywood also needs a lunatic fringe who needs the government skirt to cry on. Dependence on the TV and the government go hand in hand. They need the votes.

The idea that someone would stick anything up someone butt, nauseates me. A butt licker has more in common with dogs than people.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Tell that to the millions of heteros having anal sex every day, idiot. And they'll tell you the same thing I would--mind your own frigging business.

Your medical knowledge is so poor that even trying to discuss the rest is futile. You lump in schizophrenia and BPD with transgenderism? Why not conflate toasters with encyclopedias and st bernards?

If genes can't build cells, then cells aren't built. They don't turn gay because you;re not getting folic acid.
heyfatkid wrote:
<quoted text>Your genes can't build cells if they lack nutrients, dumbarse. Genetic anomalies can be a result of inherited and environmental causes, you farking idiot.
Abuse can cause many psychological disorders including gender confusion. If you're born a guy and act like a girl, that's confused. Schizophrenics and people with BPD are but two examples. Society is attempting to eliminate the stigma through the media because we need gays to curb the population growth. Hollywood also needs a lunatic fringe who needs the government skirt to cry on. Dependence on the TV and the government go hand in hand. They need the votes.
The idea that someone would stick anything up someone butt, nauseates me. A butt licker has more in common with dogs than people.
What

Dadeville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Chuckles, I DID explain it; you can't get more to-the-fact than "I'm allergic to milk"--something I learned to say from an early age. As I said, it was even in my file.
I could have been home-schooled, seeing as my mother has a teaching degree. But her specialty is english and not science or math, so a school placement was a better idea. Besides, homeschooling just creates pathetic morns with no coping skills.
<quoted text>
What shear total ignorance!
heyfatkid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Tell that to the millions of heteros having anal sex every day, idiot. And they'll tell you the same thing I would--mind your own frigging business.
Your medical knowledge is so poor that even trying to discuss the rest is futile. You lump in schizophrenia and BPD with transgenderism? Why not conflate toasters with encyclopedias and st bernards?
If genes can't build cells, then cells aren't built. They don't turn gay because you;re not getting folic acid.
<quoted text>
Truth hurts doesn't it? The facts are the facts and you can spin it any way you want but there has been and will continue to be opinions on gays and mental illness. Gender confusion is in the books which does explain trannies, bis and gays. It's a deviation from the natural order of humanity. Gays are probably mutants from an earlier evolutionary period where gay behaviors were found in the animal kingdom. In dogs, it shows submission and or dominance. It humans, it suggests a dysfunctional brain either from poor genetic breeding, during pregnancy or from an abusive past. You've shown everyone on topix that your oppositional disorders fit fluidly with a BPD disorder along with emotional disturbances, I'm sure.

Gays are really nothing more than modern day court jesters, psychopaths or hair stylists.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Evidently, home schooling also produces people who don't know the difference between "shear" and "sheer".
What wrote:
<quoted text>
What shear total ignorance!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Purdue University Discussions

Search the Purdue University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | School bo... Jun 14 Randy Miller 5
Could This Meat Save Your Life? Jun '14 Monique 10
Odds against accused Purdue shooter's insanity ... Jun '14 humanSpirit 1
One Weird Trick to Destroy a Man's Ego Apr '14 lonniebauk 73
Education briefs (Mar '11) Mar '14 Bob 20
Local Catholic schools face declining enrollment Feb '14 Lefty 48
Message for women and dogs: keeping ovaries is ... (Dec '09) Jan '14 Beady is a Rock Spider 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••