Earth Could Become Too Hot for Humans

May 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: LiveScience

This map shows the maximum wet-bulb temperatures reached in a climate model from a high carbon dioxide emissions future climate scenario with a global-mean temperature 12 degrees Celsius warmer than 2007.

Comments
41 - 60 of 66 Comments Last updated May 12, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

Earthling wrote:
Lessy, I'm sure you don't see doom and gloom in everything, my guess is that you mostly see a way to create an argument from almost anything.
Well, you have me there somewhat. I am certainly bordering on being an intellectual and the only quotation I know about intellectuals is

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell you more than he knows." —Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Just accept that I like to talk about matters of importance and have enough knowledge and education to actually understand them at a level above the average.. Who else would participate in public debates on the side of facts and responsible action? The denialists and village idiots?

But no. And this is not argumentative. The only response to your 'Life is good' and 'Don't worry, Be Happy' crap is to show how you are wrong about the 'coming rhapture'. If you find that brings you down, you should reduce your drug habit..
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

Boring on being an intellectual, sounds like a much more accurate description of your good self.

"'Life is good' and 'Don't worry, Be Happy' crap" are not my words, you're confusing me with someone else, but no surprises there.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Earthling wrote:
Boring on being an intellectual,
Boring? Bordering? Guess that is close enough for you.. as you never 'sweat the details' or even read English.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

A smell a whiff of pot kettle there, old bean.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

If the climate warms, and it's a dry heat, it will be more comfortable than humid heat.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Brian_G wrote:
If the climate warms, and it's a dry heat, it will be more comfortable than humid heat.
Too dry = bad and too humid = bad:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidity#Effects...
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Earthling wrote:
A smell a whiff of pot kettle there, old bean.
Maybe you need adult diapers..
Gord

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Here is how Hyper-ody described himself in post#43.

"Just accept that I like to talk about matters of importance and have enough knowledge and education to actually understand them at a level above the average."

He forgot to add "monkey" at the end.
----
Some notable quotes from Hyper-ody:

"How much heat you are transferring at one time has NO relationship to the temperature of any objects."

"CO2 is not vital for life."

"The north pole is often ice free."

"The north pole was ice free in 2000 so it is nothing new. OTOH it may become ice free on a regular basis by 2020."

"It is clear that the current 'cooling' is more due to warming of the arctica and has no relevance to global temperatures."

"The "law" of gravity is *purely observation*. It isn't science and does not provide a scientific explanation... "

"Scientific laws are NOT science."

"AGW is defined by the climatologiests as a theory, not a hypothesis. And the proper description of theory is 'scientific fact'."

And many, many more:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
--------
"Never try to teach a AGW'er Science. It wastes your time and annoys the AGW'er." - Gord
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Gord wrote:
Here is how Hyper-ody described himself in post#43.
"Just accept that I like to talk about matters of importance and have enough knowledge and education to actually understand them at a level above the average."
He forgot to add "monkey" at the end.
----
And average university student as well as the monkey ( really you should have said ape, monkeys are a different thing altogether ). But being one I guess that you have a certain bias..
Gord wrote:
Some notable quotes from Hyper-ody:
"How much heat you are transferring at one time has NO relationship to the temperature of any objects."
Something you are posting on another thread. The heat flux is a rate of delivery for heat energy. The temperature is a measure of stored heat.
Gord wrote:
"CO2 is not vital for life."
Again true. CO2 is a toxic waste product that must be recycled into O2 and glucose to be used by life.
Gord wrote:
"The north pole is often ice free."
"The north pole was ice free in 2000 so it is nothing new. OTOH it may become ice free on a regular basis by 2020."
True. Remember that the north pole is an area of ocean and during low ice times may be 'swept clear' by current and winds. It says nothing more than that.
Gord wrote:
"It is clear that the current 'cooling' is more due to warming of the arctica and has no relevance to global temperatures."
Out of context. It was in reference to the CRU *air* temperature reading which are biased by limted coverage of the polar regions. The 'cooling' is a defect in the methodology caused by more heat being moved to the poles by ENSO and the PDO where it is 'underestimated' in the analysis.
Gord wrote:
"
"The "law" of gravity is *purely observation*. It isn't science and does not provide a scientific explanation... "
True. Scientific laws are observations. Science deals with explanations of some facet of the natural world. Data is NOT science.
Gord wrote:
"Scientific laws are NOT science."
True. Scientific laws are observations. Science deals with explanations of some facet of the natural world. Data is NOT science.
Gord wrote:
"AGW is defined by the climatologiests as a theory, not a hypothesis. And the proper description of theory is 'scientific fact'."
And many, many more:
--------
"Never try to teach a AGW'er Science. It wastes your time and annoys the AGW'er." - Gord
All correct, unlike Gordos bafflegab and trolling.
Gord

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Re: Hyper-ody #53

HAHAHA...HAHAHA...oh your post is SO FUNNY and SO STUPID.

Sorry for calling you a "monkey" when you have said that I should have used "Ape".

Let's revise your statement to include Ape...here it is:

"Just accept that I like to talk about matters of importance and have enough knowledge and education to actually understand them at a level above the average Ape."

Good one.
--------
The rest of your post confirms that you are still as ignorant as before....and Proud of it.

Love it.
----------
I have to remember to include this in your list of Stupid Posts.

With a very strong 97% agreement that you have made the most Stupid Posts of anybody, nobody is likely to steal your Fame.

Unless another typing "Ape" shows up.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Gord wrote:
Re: Hyper-ody #53
HAHAHA...HAHAHA...oh your post is SO FUNNY and SO STUPID.
Sorry for calling you a "monkey" when you have said that I should have used "Ape".
Wrong again. Yous said that I was smarter than a monkey to which I agreed. Also smarter than most posters here, including you. The part about the ape was just pointing out that it was inappropriate since humans are apes, not monkeys.
Gord wrote:
"Just accept that I like to talk about matters of importance and have enough knowledge and education to actually understand them at a level above the average Ape."
I agree that you can say that, not that I said that. That is, it does not say HOW much smarter I am than an ape.
Gord wrote:
Good one.
--------
The rest of your post confirms that you are still as ignorant as before....and Proud of it.
Love it.
Actually it just shows how much you don't understand about so MANY issues. It is like trying to teach an ape to talk.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

LessFact claims to be, "Also smarter than most posters here," that's why he has a thread almost dedicated to his brilliance.

He goes on to write, "The part about the ape was just pointing out that it was inappropriate since humans are apes," followed by, "It is like trying to teach an ape to talk."

We have a psychoanalyst's dream subject here.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Earthling wrote:
LessFact claims to be, "Also smarter than most posters here," that's why he has a thread almost dedicated to his brilliance.
He goes on to write, "The part about the ape was just pointing out that it was inappropriate since humans are apes," followed by, "It is like trying to teach an ape to talk."
We have a psychoanalyst's dream subject here.
Yes, you would be if you could just learn to parse English. I said that the comparison of ME to a monkey was inappropriate since humans are in the Hominidae family, not the Cercopithecidae.

And the others was a COMPARION to the mental capacity of a primate. Totally different subjects with no connection other than having the word 'ape' in them.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
I said that the comparison of ME to a monkey was inappropriate since humans are in the Hominidae family, not the Cercopithecidae.
And the others was a COMPARION to the mental capacity of a primate. Totally different subjects with no connection other than having the word 'ape' in them.
Please give me the number of the post in which you wrote those exact words?
You've done the same on quite a few occasions, claiming to have written something without having actually written it.
Your wriggling and squirming is well known on this forum.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>Please give me the number of the post in which you wrote those exact words?
You've done the same on quite a few occasions, claiming to have written something without having actually written it.
Your wriggling and squirming is well known on this forum.
Now you are just being tedious and pedantic. Nuff said.

How about commenting on something relevant like the threatened 'to hot for unprotected human life' climates.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

I'm being tedious and pedantic?
Look in the mirror before you repeat that again and you'll see a real pedant unable to express himself in words!
"to hot for unprotected human life?"

Where on earth did you learn English, playschool?

Too hot, not, "to hot."
Unprotected human life?
What are you on about?

Go back to school.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Earthling wrote:
I'm being tedious and pedantic?
Look in the mirror before you repeat that again and you'll see a real pedant unable to express himself in words!
"to hot for unprotected human life?"
Where on earth did you learn English, playschool?
Too hot, not, "to hot."
Unprotected human life?
What are you on about?
Go back to school.
More samples of 'tedious and pedantic'.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
But I suspect that SOME will survive,undersea if nothing else. At least until technology fails.
Cool, then we can all sing "Under The Sea".
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

kookboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, then we can all sing "Under The Sea".
Nah. I prefer "Yellow Submarine"..
Gord

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Re: Hyper-ody post #55

Gord wrote:

Hyper-ody responded with...
"I agree that you can say that, not that I said that. That is, it does not say HOW much smarter I am than an ape."
----------
Well that's something we can test.

Hyper-ody has also said:

Here is my post to Hyper-ody regarding this back on Sept 5, 2009.

A partial re-post...

"Look, I will explain it to you like this....now, read the question "really, really slowwwwly".

Question: Which one of these two objects will burn your fingers if you grab it?
1. An Ice Cube
2. A match on fire.

What is your answer?

How stupid can a human being get?

Hell, even an INSECT would avoid the FIRE....an INSECT is obviously a GENIUS compared to Hyper-ody!"
----------
Hyper-ody was never able to answer the question, indicating:

- His intelligence is far below an Ape, even below the Insect level.

We have all vastly over-estimated Hyper-ody's actual intelligence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Purdue University Discussions

Search the Purdue University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair Jul 23 Coda1 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | School bo... Jun '14 Randy Miller 5
Could This Meat Save Your Life? Jun '14 Monique 10
Odds against accused Purdue shooter's insanity ... Jun '14 humanSpirit 1
One Weird Trick to Destroy a Man's Ego Apr '14 lonniebauk 73
Education briefs (Mar '11) Mar '14 Bob 20
Local Catholic schools face declining enrollment (Jan '14) Feb '14 Lefty 48
•••
•••