Education briefs

Full story: Post Tribune

Scholarship winners: The Fred Schmidt American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 20, has announced the winners of its three scholarship awards for the 2010 academic year.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2014
Sandy Wellomena

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

I think that I step is not necessary, you do well all year and if you mess up once off of the pressure of Istep you are bac
k in the same grade
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Sandy Wellomena wrote:
I think that I step is not necessary, you do well all year and if you mess up once off of the pressure of Istep you are bac
k in the same grade
What
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

Sandy Wellomena wrote:
k in the same grade
Agree
MaltaMon

Dorval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2013

The only education briefs that I am interested in the the briefs worn by 12 - 14 year old boys, which are pulled down by a female administrator to deliver a well-deserved bare bottom spanking in front of the boy's classmates.
Dergas

Radlin, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

Have you ever heard about it: mykindergarten.co.uk. As far as i know this program can help you in the early childhoo education of your children.
MaltaMon

Toughkenamon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

MaltaMon wrote:
The only education briefs that I am interested in the the briefs worn by 12 - 14 year old boys, which are pulled down by a female administrator to deliver a well-deserved bare bottom spanking in front of the boy's classmates.
More sick stuff from the imposter who gets a "thrill" not only from his pedophile fantasies about young boys but also from posing fraudulently as me, that middle-aged, developmentally arrested, homosexual pederast with a double-digit IQ,Pedo Bob of Canada.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

But you said you don't care what other people think, MaltaMon!
So how come when I post under your name, you so quickly post back to make sure people know that it wasn't you?

Because you DO care what other people think, you lying little weasel!

Hahahahahaha!
MaltaMon

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Bob wrote:
But you said you don't care what other people think, MaltaMon!
So how come when I post under your name, you so quickly post back to make sure people know that it wasn't you?
Because you DO care what other people think, you lying little weasel!
Hahahahahaha!
Don't be silly, Pedo Bob. I do it for myself. Why should I let you get away with it?
PA DAD JAM WAFFLES

Yelverton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be silly, Pedo Bob. I do it for myself. Why should I let you get away with it?
The Maltamon always gets away with it.

My brother teaches PE, and apparently in his school it's compulsory on the grounds that bacteria thrive in damp smelly conditions, so by showering after PE any sweat is washed off, thereby reducing the chance of there being damp smelly places for the bacteria to thrive. Although if it's the last class of the day he doesn't enforce it because the lads will be going home afterwards and presumably changing out of their uniforms anyway.

In Scotland they had (maybe still have) communal showers for males and cubicle showers for females in schools PE departments.

That was the thing in the 70's and 80's and I am not sure what now applies but I doubt if it matters greatly.

I loved my school, it had individual shower cubicles with lockable doors. Seems it was the only school in the whole of the UK that did!(this was in the 90's).

After swimming we showered, but only with our swimsuits on, I was always "sick" though or on my period for two weeks at a time

I seem to be strange where I didn't sweat after PE despite being in the gym or playing basketball (I'm quite aggressive while I play it) but I sweat like a pig walking to the bus So it was ok just change back into my uniform and a spray of deodorant and I was fine (I think someone would've drawn my attention to it)

Edit: After I was outed none of the girls liked getting changed in front of me so I just didn't go to PE so never needed to worry when I became paranoid about hygiene

Is weird. You can't take photos of kids in school plays but it is fine for the school to have (pre-)pubescent kids naked in communal showers with teachers watching them?

I guess if they had lockable cubicles then more kids would shower. We just sprayed deodorant, lol.

We had to in the late 80's teacher would watch and make sure.

If you forgot your towel or pe kit he would make you a member of the "red hand gang" which basically meant him slapping you across the back with his hand leaving a hand imprint.

A couple of years ago, on a visit to my old school I discovered that the changing rooms and showers had been transformed into a 'resource centre', whatever that is. I did go in the new changing rooms and noticed that the showers were individual, rather than the communal ones we had. Which made me wonder - don't you still get to see everything during the drying and getting dressed process - or do today's schoolkids act like they're on the beach and cover themselves with a towel the whole time?

I can still remember what my school friends looked like naked, and I'm sure my life would have been much the poorer without this experience.

I never did take showers after PE. But I don't sweat much.

The school's locker room only had 2 showers, and I wasn't about to strip down around a bunch of other girls. No thanks.

At the first school I went to, nobody was made to shower but some boys showered most every day, some boys never showered, and the rest only showered when they were especially sweaty. Then I changed schools and at my new school sports equipment was stored in the showers so nobody showered there! However, I think any unpleasant odors were covered up by copious amounts of spray-on deodarant.

I always thought schools where kids were made to shower and the PE teacher made sure of it were a bit strange.

From 9 - 13, at a boarding prep school, we had separate, doorless cubicles for our baths (not many showers in those days) but had to swim in the school pool and at the local seaside, nude, visitors were often shown round the pool as part of the tour of the school. After 16, at the comprehensive I went to to do my A-levels, there were kids who had never seen a naked body and who had all sorts of hang-ups about their own bodies. Not something I suffer from despite not having the most beautiful body in the world.
Gorgon

Katowice, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

Dergat, such programs can be used effectively in schools so in my opinion it is good idea to invest in it.
Dergat

Bytom, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Thank you for the the opinion about this Gorgon.
Dirty Jewel Wasp

Tavistock, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be silly, Pedo Bob. I do it for myself. Why should I let you get away with it?
Maltamon does not want any one in education to wear briefs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

He is an imposter.
Papas

Katowice, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

I also think that mykindergarten services are quite good.
Delta Juliet Whisky

Weston-super-mare, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Papas wrote:
I also think that mykindergarten services are quite good.
I do not think your kindergarten services are as good as The Naturist au pair service that Maltamon and Phil run. They do nursery education without briefs but they do not speak polish or live in Katowice ;-)
Dedes

Gliwice, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Well if they like such services then why not? I really think that some kindergartens my use it.
Maltamon

Yelverton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Dedes wrote:
Well if they like such services then why not? I really think that some kindergartens my use it.
Maltamon agreed with you DEdes. That is why he wants all US children extraordinarily rendered to Poland and subjected to naked waterboarding. Me and BOB will fight him and campaign for kids human rights!
MaltaMon

Mount Joy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Maltamon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maltamon agreed with you DEdes. That is why he wants all US children extraordinarily rendered to Poland and subjected to naked waterboarding. Me and BOB will figh t him and campaign for kids human rights!
"Me and Bob". Lol. What a couple.
djw

Saint Austell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> "Me and Bob". Lol. What a couple.
This poll underscores the need for many of the actions recommended by the IOM report, including:

School districts should provide high-quality physical education, equal to 150 minutes per week for elementary school students and 225 minutes per week for middle and high school students.
Students should engage in additional vigorous or moderately intense physical activity throughout the school day through recess, dedicated classroom activities, and other opportunities.
Additional opportunities for physical activity before and after school hours should be accessible to all students.
The poll also found that a substantial number of parents in the United States do not believe the nation’s schools are sufficiently preparing students for future careers. Almost a third of parents (31%) responded that they do not believe their children’s schools are sufficiently teaching professional conduct and a work ethic, and 29% do think the schools are helping them to choose areas of study that will lead to a good job.

“In today’s knowledge economy, education paves a path to a good job, and a good job leads to better health by improving access to medical care and the resources to live in healthier neighborhoods,” said Proctor.“Schools need to provide not only the right curriculum, but also help students develop the skills they will need to succeed in work and life.”

Princeton, N.J.– In a time of heightened worries that U.S. public schools do not give enough emphasis to math and English, a new poll released today finds that many parents are concerned about inadequate levels of physical education. NPR/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) polled 1,368 parents of public school children in grades K-12 on a range of issues around education and health in the their child’s school. One in four parents (25%) said their child’s school gives too little emphasis to physical education, compared with one in seven who say the same thing about reading and writing (14%) or math (15%).

In addition, about three in 10 parents (28%) give a low grade (C, D or F) to their child’s school on providing enough time for physical education, while almost seven in 10 parents (68%) report that their child’s school does not provide daily physical education classes, a recommendation included in CDC guidelines for schools. Just under two in 10 parents (18%) give a low grade to their child’s school on providing quality facilities for physical exercise, like playgrounds, ball fields, or basketball courts.

“In a period with a significant public debate about the content of educational reform, it is significant that many parents feel that more physical education is needed in the schools,” said Robert Blendon, Richard L. Menschel Professor of Health Policy and Political Analysis at HSPH.

These concerns expressed by some parents are shared by experts in childhood health.

“Experts recommend that high school and middle school students get 225 minutes of physical education per week during the school year, but in fact many don’t get that much,” said Dwayne Proctor, who directs the childhood obesity team at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF).“Parents should let their state boards of education and their local school districts know that they want more PE for their kids, and encourage state and local policymakers to provide the necessary resources for full implementation.”

Currently, less than half of youths meet the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommendation of at least 60 minutes of daily moderate-to-vigorous physical activity. This increases youths’ health risks and can jeopardize their well-being throughout their lives. Physical activity is also critical to children’s cognitive development and academic success.

Since: Mar 14

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Hello Friends! It's True Education Is Necessary, You Can't Survive Without Education, In USA High School Diploma Or GED Are Basic Requirement. So Earn It.
Bob

Dorval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

MaltaMon wrote:
<quoted text> "Me and Bob". Lol. What a couple.
Or how about that pathetic couple of lying, hypocritical morons, MaltaMon the Molester and Pedo Phil?

Hahahahahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Purdue University Discussions

Search the Purdue University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair 14 hr Coda1 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | School bo... Jun '14 Randy Miller 5
Could This Meat Save Your Life? Jun '14 Monique 10
Odds against accused Purdue shooter's insanity ... Jun '14 humanSpirit 1
One Weird Trick to Destroy a Man's Ego Apr '14 lonniebauk 73
Local Catholic schools face declining enrollment Feb '14 Lefty 48
Message for women and dogs: keeping ovaries is ... (Dec '09) Jan '14 Beady is a Rock Spider 7
•••
•••