The Ancient Art of Fooling Voters

Mar 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

To win in Rome: Court key backers, remember voters' names, pander to special interests.

Comments
1 - 20 of 175 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2012
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Get a cool symbol resembling a Pepsi logo, cool Che-looking posters and pass out hope and change bumper stickers seems to do the trick.
Your Ex

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
Get a cool symbol resembling a Pepsi logo, cool Che-looking posters and pass out hope and change bumper stickers seems to do the trick.
Mittens has purchased the back stock
Gonna change 'em to
"More of the Same"
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

The Ancient Republican Art of Fooling Voters is so true today as it was then.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
Kinda like "Misson Accomplished" and the "Wanted, Dead or Alive Posters for Osama bin Laden" He never did get him or accomplish his mission, did he? Yet you got the nerve to try and make fun of Obama while excusing the biggest pluck up in American History! LOL!

smh
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
Even though Jenny Oropez died last month, the Democrat easily won re-election to California’s State Senate, defeating John Stammerich, her Republican challenger, by a 58-35 margin.
Even a dead Democrat is far better than a live Republican. hehehehe

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

How about telling the truth? No one has tried that in a long time -- it just might work.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like "Misson Accomplished" and the "Wanted, Dead or Alive Posters for Osama bin Laden" He never did get him or accomplish his mission, did he? Yet you got the nerve to try and make fun of Obama while excusing the biggest pluck up in American History! LOL!
smh
I don't like far away either! thanks for shooting him down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though Jenny Oropez died last month, the Democrat easily won re-election to California’s State Senate, defeating John Stammerich, her Republican challenger, by a 58-35 margin.
Even a dead Democrat is far better than a live Republican. hehehehe
Are you married? I think I am in love! So damn funny!
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like "Misson Accomplished" and the "Wanted, Dead or Alive Posters for Osama bin Laden" He never did get him or accomplish his mission, did he? Yet you got the nerve to try and make fun of Obama while excusing the biggest pluck up in American History! LOL!
smh
Don't pretend you know me. Mission Accomplished? Wanted? I didn't excuse Bush for anything. OBL is dead. Great!Øbama got one thing right--by following in the footsteps of the "pluck-up" as you refer to him. Aside from that, hope is dead unless you're part of the 49% of Americans who pay nothing, but change is alive and well, and its coming in November when Øbama is sent home with hat in hand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I don't like far away either! thanks for shooting him down.
You're welcome. It was my pleasure...

:)
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> I don't like far away either! thanks for shooting him down.
You don't like me? I'm devastated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pretend you know me. Mission Accomplished? Wanted? I didn't excuse Bush for anything. OBL is dead. Great!Øbama got one thing right--by following in the footsteps of the "pluck-up" as you refer to him. Aside from that, hope is dead unless you're part of the 49% of Americans who pay nothing, but change is alive and well, and its coming in November when Øbama is sent home with hat in hand.
As if! LOL! WTH would want to claim they know an ahole like you? Are you serious? As for the rest, blah, blah, blah, LOL!

You're just ass sore cause your "funny" fell flat!

Toodles....
Questioner

Llano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

The Ancient Art of Fooling Voters -- subsitute "modern" for ancient. Human natue doesn't change that much.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you married? I think I am in love! So damn funny!
Thank you sweet lady.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Poor sap is signing in and out voting for himself. Makes no difference, I mean, people can read! LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sweet lady.
You're most welcome! lol.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
<quoted text>As if! LOL! WTH would want to claim they know an ahole like you? Are you serious? As for the rest, blah, blah, blah, LOL!
You're just ass sore cause your "funny" fell flat!
Toodles....
Why the name-calling? Funny? Not hardly--I was obviously serious. After all,Øbama did get elected.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you married? I think I am in love! So damn funny!
Please... get a room.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
"Following in the footsteps of..." Surely, you don't mean those
of G. W. Bush. Anyone following his footsteps would walk right off a cliff, whether you're talking about the economy, foreign policy, Hurricane Katrina or 9/11. All notable disasters made worse by the aforementioned "pluck-up."

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

bappie wrote:
smh
OBL was found via Bush's interrogation policies and gitmo, you and nobama know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Princeton University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Putin's endgame in Ukraine? Aug 9 Oliver Cromwell 11
India's lax antibiotic controls raise... Jul 24 Atul lukker 1
FHS mathematicians visit FSU for competition, l... Jul '14 Pajama People 2
Sotomayor: Affirmative action options don't work Jun '14 WeTheSheeple 13
Strange physics turns off laser Jun '14 Ogwa fortunate 8
Europe unfriendly to Muslims, Princeton scholar... (Apr '09) May '14 PATX 16
John Nash, Mathematician and Researcher (Mar '10) May '14 jaxcity545 4

Search the Princeton University Forum:
•••