So few hours for big Obama agenda

So few hours for big Obama agenda

There are 1 comment on the Denver Post story from Jul 19, 2009, titled So few hours for big Obama agenda. In it, Denver Post reports that:

The U.S. Congress is attempting a sweeping agenda matched by only a few moments in the past hundred years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

icdumbazzes

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jul 20, 2009
Consider the old admonition: "Haste makes waste." This saying became popular for a reason. There's truth to it.

Our founding fathers knew this. The legislative process in America was designed to require a period of fomenting when a bill was introduced. This ensured a great deal of thought on each bill, inquiry into potentially troublesome areas, debate on sticking points, and ultimately a high-quality piece of legislation.

The notion of passing ANY BILL without reading it multiple times, deeply understanding it, and rooting out any potential problems is utterly asinine. The current administration and leadership in Washington has left sanity behind.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the leadership of the United States. God help us.

Jeremy B
Points: 3875 Permanent link to this commentJeremy B (aka )| 6:38 AM on Monday Jul 20
(must be logged in to vote) Report Abuse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pi, Pie or both? The choice is yours this Pi Day Jul '15 Ferdo 18
News Early Push To Require The HPV Vaccine May Have ... Jul '15 anothervoice 1
News Hillary Clinton's plans for US economy: GOP say... Jul '15 Miss Id 1
News One Comedian Turned To The Stage To Find Relief... Jul '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Why 2016 candidates should worry more about China Jul '15 Miss Id 2
News Paul Vogt named president of Red River College Jul '15 Red River Admenst... 1
News Michelle Obama: "The first thing we have to do" May '15 Tazo 5
More from around the web