New reality emerging on illegal immigration

Jul 12, 2011 Full story: washingtonexaminer.com 24

The United States is a country that has been peopled largely by vast surges of migration -- from the British Isles in the 18th century, from Ireland and Germany in the 19th century, from eastern and southern Europe in the early 20th century and from Latin America and Asia in the past three decades. Going back in history, almost no one predicted that these surges of migration would begin -- and almost no one predicted that they would stop when they did.

Thus when the 1965 immigration reform act was passed, almost no one predicted that we would have massive immigration from Mexico. Experts told us that immigrants came in large numbers only from Europe.

The experts got that wrong. From 1980 to 2008 more than 5 million Mexicans legally entered the United States. And Mexicans account for about 60 percent of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. today.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Jul 25, 2011
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all these sentiments but we have had enough of those expression to date it is time for a practical solution and a change to the immigration laws to avoid facing this situation again no amount hot air can do that.
A practical (and cheap solution):

Enforce all provisions of the US Immigration Code; no exceptions for 'students' or children.

Interpret the 14th correctly, retroactively and in accordance with the intent documented in The Congressional Record.

Leave the 'Out' door unlocked; wave goodbye as uninvited foreign nationals head for greener pastures.

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#26 Jul 25, 2011
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
We need this issue put on the ballot and proof of citizenship to vote. "We the people of the United States" need to have our laws enforcd
And it's sad to think making people prove they live and were born here, if that's happens the government will pick on legal residents and swear up and down they are doing their jobs.
democrat i am

Erie, PA

#27 Jul 25, 2011
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
We need this issue put on the ballot and proof of citizenship to vote. "We the people of the United States" need to have our laws enforcd
i agree with your opiniion.

but, honestly what we really need is our government to enforce the laws

we need to vote out any government officals. local, county, state, and federal

when these people take seat od their office they take an oath of office.

this oath they swear to says

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

this means they will up hold the laws of our country. if anyone
feels that the illegals are not crimals is not doing their jobs..

these people are breaking the laws themself and needed to be vote out of office

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Coldwater, Mi

#29 Jul 26, 2011
Illegal is illegal...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pi, Pie or both? The choice is yours this Pi Day Mar 21 Grenndol 12
News Prominent Islamic Scholar Refutes Claims of ISI... Mar 11 jinxi 79
News Princeton gets $300M book collection, its large... Feb '15 Baptistism by Proxy 1
News Nuclear scientists: The end is near for humanity Jan '15 Earthling-1 2
News Son arrested on murder charge in hedge fund fou... Jan '15 Truth 6
News Mrs. Obama's Tall Tales of Racial Victimhood Dec '14 LION 2
News Turkey's first culture minister passes away Dec '14 SpaceBlues 1
More from around the web