New reality emerging on illegal immigration

Jul 12, 2011 | Posted by: Agent of Chaos | Full story: washingtonexaminer.com

The United States is a country that has been peopled largely by vast surges of migration -- from the British Isles in the 18th century, from Ireland and Germany in the 19th century, from eastern and southern Europe in the early 20th century and from Latin America and Asia in the past three decades. Going back in history, almost no one predicted that these surges of migration would begin -- and almost no one predicted that they would stop when they did.

Thus when the 1965 immigration reform act was passed, almost no one predicted that we would have massive immigration from Mexico. Experts told us that immigrants came in large numbers only from Europe.

The experts got that wrong. From 1980 to 2008 more than 5 million Mexicans legally entered the United States. And Mexicans account for about 60 percent of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. today.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Plubius

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

and it's time to return to sender along with a bill!
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Plubius wrote:
and it's time to return to sender along with a bill!
Thanks for all these sentiments but we have had enough of those expression to date it is time for a practical solution and a change to the immigration laws to avoid facing this situation again no amount hot air can do that.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Maybe uphold the law, that would be true reform!

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Great post for those who want to believe this lie! But the reality is this article is a bold face LIE! I won't calm down untill immigration period is in check.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all these sentiments but we have had enough of those expression to date it is time for a practical solution and a change to the immigration laws to avoid facing this situation again no amount hot air can do that.
We don't need immigration reform. We need immigration enforcement.

What we need a change to is the misinterpretation of our 14th Amendment that is wrongly giving birthright citizenship to anchor babies of ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We don't need to reward lawbreakers. We've been there and done that.

REPORT AND DEPORT all ILLEGAL ALIENS.
byebye illegals

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

More Obama propaganda. Btw, the Pew "Hispanic" Center has been saying there are 12 million illegals for 15 years at least. BS.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

kchibrown38 wrote:
Great post for those who want to believe this lie! But the reality is this article is a bold face LIE! I won't calm down untill immigration period is in check.
Quote from the article:
~~~~~~~~~~
"President Obama has been calling for immigration legislation similar to what former President George W. Bush sought, legislation geared to a status quo that no longer exists and seems unlikely to return. That's going nowhere."
~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, Bambam, how about gearing our immigration legislation more in line with Mexico's?

Oh, that's right, it might mean your ILLEGAL ALIEN "America owes me" Aunt would get tossed out of her subsidized housing and cut off her welfare check.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

And all these mexicans hate us. Their govt tells them we stole land from mexico 160 years ago and it's ok to invade america and steal jobs and govt benefits!!! We are crazy to let more mexicans come here.

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
And all these mexicans hate us. Their govt tells them we stole land from mexico 160 years ago and it's ok to invade america and steal jobs and govt benefits!!! We are crazy to let more mexicans come here.
Right that is exacly why we need to revoke there citizenship as far back as 1987 their childern are now carrying on this mad theory of their parents,many of the kids now some grown with more childern have never seen inside of mexico but pledge their alliance to mexico anyway and that alone should be disturbing to our suppose to be elected officials when we can hear them loud and clear! via la mexico when the rapist and murderer was put to death and he has been here since two and now 40 years old that enough time to pledge to americas allegance to our flag since him and his family snuck here. I am beginning to think mexico is printing hand held pamplets how to live off the government once you sneak across the border.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
Their pure hatred is quite evident each time they have one of their marches making their unwarranted demands. Maybe if they had a march holding up American flags, and placards thanking the taxpayer for all he/she has contributed on their behalf for making their lives better, we might not be so prone to hold them in such disdain. If any of them become successful, it is because of American teachers giving them their all to encourcage and push them on their way to achievement. Where is the gratitude...ever???? They keep digging in and demanding more. Where do they come off thinking we have to take their denigrations? They call us racist, but fail to listen to the vile comments that they impart directed at us. They are always looking for a way to make a quick buck off us, trampling over us and never stopping to notice who they have hurt along the way. Cooler heads and some respect for Americans, their unwitting hosts, would go a long way for these invaders. People might stop to listen, and maybe even figure out a way to help them as long as it doesn't put Americans and their families at peril.
Saly, none of this is ever going to be solved, where we can all feel our best interests were even considered.
democrat i am

Waterford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

i have a great idea. now folk, if we take over the mexico country. we can get that country clean up and their citizen will be u.s.a they can then be split up in 7 states so obama would be correct when he states there 57 states of america.

that would be a joke on mexico

why not we are supporting their ass now.
we might as well own their ass

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

democrat i am wrote:
i have a great idea. now folk, if we take over the mexico country. we can get that country clean up and their citizen will be u.s.a they can then be split up in 7 states so obama would be correct when he states there 57 states of america.
that would be a joke on mexico
why not we are supporting their ass now.
we might as well own their ass
We send her foreign aid, aid earmarked for fighting the drug war, and her people send billions in remittances, so why is this country still so screwed up???? That's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.
Miami

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

See numberusa.com let your voice be heard.The United States will not turn in into a Third World cesspool unless you do nothing.
democrat i am

Waterford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>
We send her foreign aid, aid earmarked for fighting the drug war, and her people send billions in remittances, so why is this country still so screwed up???? That's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.
right on!!! i agree with you lol
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The practical solution is to enforce immigration laws. Even the threat of enforcement has been proven to work. Case in point Arizona. Since the passage of Az. 1070 conservitive estimates show that over 100,000 illegals have left Arizona. Sadly most have just moved to states that refuse to enforce the law.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Pando wrote:
<quoted text>
What we need a change to is the misinterpretation of our 14th Amendment that is wrongly giving birthright citizenship to anchor babies of ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Maybe you are demanding the impossible from the people who actualizes the ongoing enforcement process in which rules are to followed I doubt it that radicals can be qualified for holdind those jobs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
The practical solution is to enforce immigration laws. Even the threat of enforcement has been proven to work. Case in point Arizona. Since the passage of Az. 1070 conservitive estimates show that over 100,000 illegals have left Arizona. Sadly most have just moved to states that refuse to enforce the law.
Exactly...until our reps and POTUS grow some nadz on this subject it's just going to be a circle-jerk...and I am getting so sick of it and all the crap illegals are dumping on us with our government's blessings.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are demanding the impossible from the people who actualizes the ongoing enforcement process in which rules are to followed I doubt it that radicals can be qualified for holdind those jobs.
What's "radical" about enforcing our laws?

Oh, yea. It would stop millions of ILLEGAL ALIEN lying thieves from stealing from us taxpayers.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

annie

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

Pando wrote:
<quoted text>
We need this issue put on the ballot and proof of citizenship to vote. "We the people of the United States" need to have our laws enforcd

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••