Deportation of partner in same-sex couple halted

May 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHDH

A dancer from Venezuela who legally married an American man in a same-sex ceremony last year had his deportation placed on hold Friday, one day after U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder set aside an immigration ruling in a similar case.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Nice!!!

Same-Sex Couples who are legally married should be able to sponsor their legal bi-national spouse just like heterosexual couples are able to!!!

Hopefully this will help get DOMA overturned or repealed because it clearly is DISCRIMINATORY!!!

HAPPY EARLY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOMS OUT THERE:-)
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
Nice!!!
Same-Sex Couples who are legally married should be able to sponsor their legal bi-national spouse just like heterosexual couples are able to!!!
Hopefully this will help get DOMA overturned or repealed because it clearly is DISCRIMINATORY!!!
agreed! these are our tax dollars paying for immigration. we pay, therefore we are entitled to equal treatment. married = green card!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

It isn't a gay issue but a legal one

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-utah-...
RnL2008 wrote:
Nice!!!
Davidct2011

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

I hope this does lead to the end of discrimination. I and my partner are worried everyday that he may have to leave. I love him and if necessary will move with him if it happens..and the USA will be the loser in the end.
RnL2008 wrote:
Nice!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
To allow the American Citizen in a bi-national heterosexual marriage to sponsor their spouse for a green card, but deny an American Citizen in a bi-national Same-Sex marriage the same right to sponsor their spouse is PURE DISCRIMINATION......and that is wrong, but at least it's not about the right to marry!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Davidct2011 wrote:
I hope this does lead to the end of discrimination. I and my partner are worried everyday that he may have to leave. I love him and if necessary will move with him if it happens..and the USA will be the loser in the end.
<quoted text>
Well, hopefully that won't happen!!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, responded before looking at your link

Exactly what does a Mormon immigrant have to do with deportations of married Gay or Lesbian bi-national couples or DOMA?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

It is an illegal immigrant in a heterosexual marriage that is being deported. It is similar to this story. It happens on both sides of the fence
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, responded before looking at your link
Exactly what does a Mormon immigrant have to do with deportations of married Gay or Lesbian bi-national couples or DOMA?

Since: Jan 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
It is an illegal immigrant in a heterosexual marriage that is being deported. It is similar to this story. It happens on both sides of the fence
<quoted text>
The difference is that heterosexual couples have the ability to sponsor a spouse and homosexual couples do not have that ability.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't married to an American Citizen, is he? I believe the article states that the entire family is seeking political asylum from El Salvador, correct? How does this apply to a heterosexual bi-national married couple where one spouse is the American Citizen and can sponsor their spouse? or to a Same-Sex bi-national married couple where the American Citizen spouse can't sponsor their legal spouse because of DOMA?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

She is an American citizen and that is why she got to walk. He will be deported because he is heterosexual and nobody will jump up and down to protect him because he is not gay
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't married to an American Citizen, is he? I believe the article states that the entire family is seeking political asylum from El Salvador, correct? How does this apply to a heterosexual bi-national married couple where one spouse is the American Citizen and can sponsor their spouse? or to a Same-Sex bi-national married couple where the American Citizen spouse can't sponsor their legal spouse because of DOMA?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
She is an American citizen and that is why she got to walk. He will be deported because he is heterosexual and nobody will jump up and down to protect him because he is not gay
<quoted text>
The whole family has received a deportation letter. Did you watch the video that was included? I read and watched the video, it said the whole family was illegal. A US citizen would not get a deportation letter. The children would also not have gotten a deportation letter if the mother was a US citizen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

I can't watch the video. I read a couple of articles but maybe I need to read more
leeman15251 wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole family has received a deportation letter. Did you watch the video that was included? I read and watched the video, it said the whole family was illegal. A US citizen would not get a deportation letter. The children would also not have gotten a deportation letter if the mother was a US citizen.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
I can't watch the video. I read a couple of articles but maybe I need to read more
<quoted text>
The article and video could also be wrong. You shouldn't get all of your information from one source.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't his wife sponsoring him? I mean......she's an American Citizen, right?

Oh and by the way.......wasn't the case dismissed and he's not being deported any longer?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Honest AbeL wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess she's not an American Citizen IF the entire family got the letter, right?

And after reading the article again for the 3rd time......NO WHERE does it say that his SPOUSE or CHILDREN are AMERICAN CITIZENS......so, this IS NOT the same as being in a bi-national marriage where one part of the couple is an AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

When a person enters this country illegally and marries and American citizen their marriage is also illegal.

The same thing ids true with their residence. An illegal CANNOT establish a legal residence since they are in this country ILLEGALLY.

What we don't need is for a bunch of people making excuses for criminals to encourage their CRIMINAL activity. What we do need are more American citizens demanding that our Government ENFORCE our current immigration laws.

Once I take office every person who is in this country illegally will be given 30 days to vacate our country. If they fail to do so they will be rounded up and taken to Precessing Centers where they will be photographed, electronically fingerprinted, stripped naked and given bright orange paper bags to cover their bodies. Then they 2will be marched in mass barefoot back across the border or put aboard cargo ships headed to Europe, Africa, Asia or the Middle East.

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
...Facebook Jim Hayden for President 2012

Russell Pierce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Jim Hayden wrote:
When a person enters this country illegally and marries and American citizen their marriage is also illegal.
The same thing ids true with their residence. An illegal CANNOT establish a legal residence since they are in this country ILLEGALLY.
What we don't need is for a bunch of people making excuses for criminals to encourage their CRIMINAL activity. What we do need are more American citizens demanding that our Government ENFORCE our current immigration laws.
Once I take office every person who is in this country illegally will be given 30 days to vacate our country. If they fail to do so they will be rounded up and taken to Precessing Centers where they will be photographed, electronically fingerprinted, stripped naked and given bright orange paper bags to cover their bodies. Then they 2will be marched in mass barefoot back across the border or put aboard cargo ships headed to Europe, Africa, Asia or the Middle East.
Do you know how to understand the English language? Reread the heading of this Topic:

Deportation of partner in same-sex couple halted

That means that everything that you just said is MOOT.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Jim Hayden wrote:
I'm sorry, but you have a snowball's chance in hell of being the NEXT President or ANY President!!!

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Jim Hayden wrote:
You have no change of being President. The treatment that you proposed is most likely illegal anyways.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••