Gay Immigrants Deported, Even in Legal Marriages

Nov 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 760 WJR

Joshua Vandiver, a Colorado native who is earning his Ph.D. in politics at Princeton University, said he is the studious type who has rarely embraced activism.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GayPride

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

This is very similar to anchor babies of illegal immigrants, the foreigner "marries" an American citizen and is awarded a fiancee visa. There is an ongoing scam that involves both monetary payment and sexual favors to the US citizen in return for the continued stay as legal residents.

The funny thing about gays, they want the law to protect their rights but they are the very first ones who would gladly break them if it is not to their liking.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Where do I send a check ?
E Sanchez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

So, what's wrong with that? I can't believe this is an issue. The anchot babies are bad enough, now we have to put up with gays servicing US citizens for visas? It's a well known fact that sham marriages for visas sell for $20k in the underground economy. Everyone knows that the gays tend to have more money--maybe its all the side jobs.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

E Sanchez wrote:
So, what's wrong with that? I can't believe this is an issue. The anchot babies are bad enough, now we have to put up with gays servicing US citizens for visas? It's a well known fact that sham marriages for visas sell for $20k in the underground economy. Everyone knows that the gays tend to have more money--maybe its all the side jobs.
You seem to miss the point of the article.

A gay married couple may face deportation, but a straight married couple does not.

The incidence of "sham marriages" is not the issue.

And the whole "gays have more money" thing is a myth. Most of us have less, especially if we are married and have kids, since our marriages are not legally recognized and we are forced to pay so much more in taxes and for insurance and lawyers to try to give us a fraction of the protections for our families that heterosexuals get for free.
Frank Stanton

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

WHY do so many gay people INSIST that Obamaniac® supports EQULAITY for us, when EVERYTHING he does shows the opposite ? Why do so many gay people ignore reality when it comes to Obamaniac®?

“IBM had it right: "Think"”

Since: Mar 07

SF Bay Area Suburbs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

MrSir wrote:
Hmmmmmm, For all the good it does ,DOMA should stand for Doing Only Mandatory Ass ( Kissing ),With the stroke of a pen this could become a finished debate and become law Changeing the minds of ( some ) people will be a harder if impossible debate ,.. But they would rather do just enough to say we need more "contributions" to continue the "fight" , At least "They" know how to create and save jobs ,....Thier jobs )
DOMA does nothing good. It's a mean spirited law, whose author (conservative former congressman BARR) calls for its repeal. If Congress has a shred of integrity, they will repeal it, and end injustice like this case.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

It is so sad that these legally married gay couples are being split up. The right wing doesn't seem to think that gay people have feelings or feel love, the right is just willfully ignorant.
Matt

Loma Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

This is just one of the many situations where the rights of married couples are being trounced by unequal treatment under the law.

Separate is certainly not equal. But, in this case, the very same rights afforded to some people are being denied to others. And, that situation is un-American, full-stop, end-of-sentence.
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

Sober wrote:
A law that defends marriage from perverts is a good law.
I DARE you to say that to someone's face- as opposed to the anominity that you have here you A-Hole.
Deuce

Fair Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

Oh boy! This (non)story must be sending the liberals into fits.
It has all the triggers for the "progressive" meltdown.
Illegals and gay.
Just sprinkle on a bit of global warming and they will be Goregasming for months.
Frank Stanton

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Deuce wrote:
Oh boy! This (non)story must be sending the liberals into fits.
It has all the triggers for the "progressive" meltdown.
Illegals and gay.
Just sprinkle on a bit of global warming and they will be Goregasming for months.
ROFL !

TRUE !

:)

(And I'm gay.:))

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL !
TRUE !
:)
(And I'm gay.:))
You're truly sick. You're ENJOYING this bigoted destruction of families, because it also backs up your typical right wing bigotry towards immigrants, and if you can throw in your mindless lack of concern about the environment and a cheap joke at the victim of the greatest election fraud in US history, all the better.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

Frank Stanton wrote:
WHY do so many gay people INSIST that Obamaniac® supports EQULAITY for us, when EVERYTHING he does shows the opposite ? Why do so many gay people ignore reality when it comes to Obamaniac®?
IT'S A GOD DAMN LIE!!!

And calling Obama a "maniac" is typical Michael Savage KKK radical right behavior. Obama DOES support equality, you piece of trash. MORE positive progress has been made in the time he's been in office than in HISTORY, but because of your own selfish agenda which has ZERO to do with equality and justice, you keep repeating this sick lie.

EVERYTHING HE DOES??? You're saying nomination of SEVERAL openly gay people to this administration shows this? You're saying his SPONSORING a ban on discrimination in the Senate shows this? He got an 89 out of 100 from HRC, so EVERYTHING HE DOES obviously is NOT bad.

You're a tool. I don't know what you call the gay version of an uncle Tom, but that's you. 100% sell-out.
deport

Thousand Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

"OkieDarren" I've known some gay people in my time. I've never known any to be prolific name callers and acting like they are gonna be violent if they don't get there way or someone has a diifferent opinion. What are you gonna do, slap someone? You and I know you gay men are very feminine. Qiut your trash talikng, most have a different opinion then you. I have lost all respect for you females that are born males.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

deport wrote:
"OkieDarren" I've known some gay people in my time. I've never known any to be prolific name callers and acting like they are gonna be violent if they don't get there way or someone has a diifferent opinion. What are you gonna do, slap someone? You and I know you gay men are very feminine. Qiut your trash talikng, most have a different opinion then you. I have lost all respect for you females that are born males.
SPELLING!!!!

their, not there

than, not then.

If you care about whether a group respects YOU or not, go back to grade 5 and pick up what you missed.

Gay men are NOT all feminine, but even if they were, why is that a bad thing? Misogyny?

Gay men are comfortable within themselves, and couldn't care less about which behavioral traits folks like you deem appropriate for gender.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

I am happy to inform those who have followed my posts that after an internship here in Toronto, I will be gainfully and meaningfully employed at adequate compensation in Canada as of December 20. For those who have not, my partner and I are in the category discussed.

Now that I have a job with some future and my partner is also gainfully employed, we have even less reason to want to return to the United States. Some other "Love Exiles" here want to return (at least the American partner does) but I don't understand why I would even should have a desire to go back after the way we were treated.

Especially now that the Mad Tea Party is poised to take over Congress.
WestCoaster

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Deport YOU!!

it's q-U-i-t, not the other way around. I live in Canoga Park, come on over and I'll show you who's more of a man.
SLV TONY

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

SO... Is that a bad thing?
deport

Thousand Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

"Mr.Sir" stop fantasizing. Typical gay liberal,he thinks he knows what you are thinking. Full of yourselves, are you?
As If

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

He/Mary, is so furious he could crush a rose with his bare hands.
deport wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••