PSU tapping international student market

Aug 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Joplin Globe

Joseph Bhalla , a student from India, and three administrators at Pittsburg State University on Monday talk to a group of potential students in India via an Internet connection.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2010
Uhh

Pittsburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

That's the only market that they're tapping. There's already way too many international students, teachers, and faculty. It disrupts learning when you cannot understand through thick accents. ANNOYING!
Brains

Pittsburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

I agree, it's not the easiest to work on group projects and have to try to not only understand their accent, but correct their submissions because they miss words like "the" and "are". American students are now the minority and Pittsburg State.
Uhh

Pittsburg, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

Brains wrote:
I agree, it's not the easiest to work on group projects and have to try to not only understand their accent, but correct their submissions because they miss words like "the" and "are". American students are now the minority and Pittsburg State.
You are definitely correct that Americans are now the minority at Pitt State. It makes me wonder how much of a break on tuition that these students receive. I had once heard that they come here for free. I am not sure if that is true. If that is the case, no one tuition keeps getting raised. I know that my education at PSU suffered because of too many foreign students and teachers. Whatever PSU is receiving to bring these people here, they need to take a look at what effect it is having on the college. Many people are not wanting to come here or stay here because of that. No one wants to fail a class because they cannot understand the teacher. Complaints about teacher's accents go unnoticed. I personally have complained about it and nothing was done about it. It's ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pittsburg State University Discussions

Search the Pittsburg State University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine More Colleges or Universities Become New M... Apr '14 killa_the_compassionate 1
Carter picked for top CJ educator honor (Jun '13) Jun '13 Granny 1
Palmer seeks third term in Kansas House (Jun '10) Nov '10 agree 12
Charges filed against teacher accused of having... (Jul '10) Aug '10 concerned 45
10-Year Old Kansas Boy Headed To College (Jan '10) Jan '10 yet another 2
Couple plans March wedding (Feb '09) Feb '09 pansy 1
Kan. State of State address (Jan '09) Jan '09 Patriot AKA Bozo 1
•••
•••