Erie economist sees slow road to recovery

Dec 15, 2011 Full story: Erie Times News 19

Jim Kurre sees an Erie economy that's still struggling, more than two years after the recession officially ended, to get back to where it was before the downturn began.

Full Story
jane goodall

Brunswick, OH

#1 Dec 16, 2011
erie economist...that's a hoot...analagous to a Sahari oceanographer...
Stu Pedaso

Kent, OH

#2 Dec 16, 2011
The abortion mill was our last, best hope. Prepare to be overrun.
Bobby Brady

Wadsworth, OH

#3 Dec 16, 2011
Stu Pedaso wrote:
The abortion mill was our last, best hope. Prepare to be overrun.
Typical democrat "baby killer" response. But then again you probably "Hate" babies too.
Stu Pedaso

Kent, OH

#4 Dec 16, 2011
Some babies are predictably 10 Most Wanted fodder a few years later. If there was something we could do to change that sad surety I'd be for it.

In the future your ilk most desire, educated willing and able to work folks are consigned to a scrap heap and vilified as beggars.

What chance, then, will those born of generations of ill-educated, unemployable, and untrustworthy criminals have other than the 'See it-Want it-Take it' route to advancement?
Bobby Brady wrote:
<quoted text> Typical democrat "baby killer" response. But then again you probably "Hate" babies too.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 16, 2011
enjoy your tax hikes.......
jane goodall

Brunswick, OH

#6 Dec 16, 2011
Bobby Brady wrote:
<quoted text> Typical democrat "baby killer" response. But then again you probably "Hate" babies too.
clients at the black inner city abortion clinics also receive a check from crimestoppers
curious

Erie, PA

#7 Dec 16, 2011
Bobby Brady wrote:
What I don't get is some people are so protective of the unborn but once the unwanted child is born to some poor unwed mother no one is interested in the child or in finding ways to help him/her.
vicious cycle
Bullsheet

Erie, PA

#8 Dec 16, 2011
A "Slow road to recovery" for the peasants. C.E.O. salaries went up 34% so far this year.
Bullsheet

Erie, PA

#9 Dec 16, 2011
From "The Motley Fool" - "CEO Pay Defies the Laws of Gravity
Article Preview For full access, register below, it's free
By Alyce Lomax | More Articles
December 16, 2011 | Comments (1)

Watch stocks you care aboutThe single, easiest way to keep track of all the stocks that matter...

Your own personalized stock watchlist!

It's a 100% FREE Motley Fool service...
Click Here Now

Remember that saying "what goes up must come down"? Oddly enough, CEO pay doesn't appear to be subject to the same laws of physics that govern the rest of the rational world.

In fiscal 2010, total realized compensation of CEOs in the S&P 500 rose by a median 36.5%. In addition to some of the usual outrageous factors accompanying high levels of CEO compensation, note that some of the CEOs on the top of the heap in 2010 took the money and ran.

A good year for CEOs
GMI, the leading independent provider of corporate governance and ESG ratings and research, has released its ninth annual CEO Pay Survey for 2011. Beyond the 36.5% increase in the surveyed companies' chief executives' pay, extra perks awarded to S&P 500 leaders rose 11% on a year-over-year basis in 2010
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Dec 16, 2011
Bullsheet wrote:
A "Slow road to recovery" for the peasants. C.E.O. salaries went up 34% so far this year.

So did your taxes......8.5 million bond, Baddams got you this year and Sinnott will get you in 2012.

$3.300 yearly taxes on $100,000 shack.
make me a sandwich

Wadsworth, OH

#11 Dec 16, 2011
Maybe Kurre didn't know that economic development genius Kim Green has been on the case for 6 years and just got promoted. We'll be a powerhouse soon.
Knuckles O Toole

Erie, PA

#12 Dec 16, 2011
Bullsheet wrote:
The mayor's of your city was voted a 43% raise. Guess that's ok because they can always raise taxes to pay for it.
Stu Pedaso

Kent, OH

#13 Dec 16, 2011
A fetus ain't a 'baby', butt-boy.
Bobby Brady wrote:
haha

Erie, PA

#15 Dec 16, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is some people are so protective of the unborn but once the unwanted child is born to some poor unwed mother no one is interested in the child or in finding ways to help him/her.
vicious cycle
Prove it. Conservatives give more to charity than libs, plus churches offer lots of help for those in need.
Support for big, useless government isn't the same as actually giving or doing yourself.
How many liberals run centers counseling women suffering from post abortion trauma?
NONE.
Why do liberals only support the abortionists and never the mothers?
Ha ha ha
#40 million dead
yoo hoo

Franklin, PA

#16 Dec 16, 2011
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Conservatives give more to charity than libs, plus churches offer lots of help for those in need.

Ha ha ha
#40 million dead
What charity? Bible printing? haHaHa. Churches offer conversion. Big help. Especially for those who don't believe but will say anything for a meal. haHaHa.

40 million dead? Sperm or eggs due to masturbation or the woman's curse? Aren't sperm and eggs "alive"?

haHaHa. You're a retard that your Momma shoulda flushed and wiped her butt after. haHaHa.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 16, 2011
Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table at which he's fed

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, teach him taxes Are the rule.

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, if he cries, then Tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ass

Tax all he has then let him know That you won't be done Till he has no
dough.

When he screams and hollers, Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good
and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in which he's laid.

Put these words upon his tomb,' Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, do not relax, It's time to apply The inheritance tax.
yoo hoo

Franklin, PA

#18 Dec 17, 2011
TaxNoMore wrote:
Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table at which he's fed
Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, teach him taxes Are the rule.
Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.
Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.
Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, if he cries, then Tax his tears.
Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ass
Tax all he has then let him know That you won't be done Till he has no
dough.
When he screams and hollers, Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good
and sore.
Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in which he's laid.
Put these words upon his tomb,' Taxes drove me to my doom...'
When he's gone, do not relax, It's time to apply The inheritance tax.
If taxes drove you to your doom you were obviously a failure at creating income, true?
Stu Pedaso

Kent, OH

#19 Dec 17, 2011
A mother is someone who's gestated a conception into a living breathing...parasitic Access Card abuser? What DO you call them?
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Support for big, useless government isn't the same as actually giving or doing yourself.
How many liberals run centers counseling women suffering from post abortion trauma?
NONE.
Why do liberals only support the abortionists and never the mothers?
Ha ha ha
#40 million dead
harley

Hayden, AL

#20 Dec 17, 2011
Stu Pedaso wrote:
A mother is someone who's gestated a conception into a living breathing...parasitic Access Card abuser? What DO you call them?
<quoted text>
I call them lazy useless -iggers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Penn State Erie The Behrend College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$60M Harborcreek rail terminal plan explained (Nov '13) May '14 STILL 27
GEIDC, taxing bodies in dispute over P.I.L.O.T.... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edge 2
Come Experience the ExpERIEnce Children's Museu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 reptile dysfunction 1
What To Do, Eat and See (Sep '13) Sep '13 Davenport 1
Erie County Policy & Planning Council is PA Coa... (Jul '13) Jul '13 sham 1
Guest Voice: How I landed dream job in Erie (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sopper MacClusky 7
Unemployment rate drops slightly in Erie in Feb... (Apr '13) Jul '13 John 5
More from around the web