More Than 700 International Scientist...

More Than 700 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

There are 18 comments on the Free Republic story from Mar 22, 2009, titled More Than 700 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'The science has, quite simply, gone awry' Washington DC: Fifty nine additional scientists from around the world have been added to the U.S. Senate Minority Report of dissenting scientists, pushing the total to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Antonio Sosa

Hialeah, FL

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Man-made global warming is a hoax that threatens our future and the future of our children. More than 700 international scientists now dissent over man-made global warming claims. They are more than 13 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers. http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/vie...

Additionally, 32,000 American scientists have signed onto a petition that states, "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate…" http://www.petitionproject.org/index.html

"Progressive" (communist) politicians like Obama seem determined to force us to swallow the man-made global warming scam. We need to defend ourselves from the UN and these politicians, who threaten our future and the future of our children. Based on a lie, they have already wasted billions and plan to increase taxes, limit development, and enslave us.

If not stopped, the global warming scam will enrich the scammers (Gore and Obama’s Wall Street friends), increase the power of the U.N. and communists like Obama, and multiply poverty and servitude for the rest of us.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#2 Mar 23, 2009
"The latest list of "650 International Scientists (who) Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming" seems to be more of the same: dead guys (Fred Seitz, Marcel Leroux, Reid Bryson ...), paid deniers (Fred Singer, Tim Ball, Sallie Baliunas ...), and a much larger group of weather forecasters and "experts" from unrelated fields, many of whom (eg., Edward Wegman) don't even disagree with the scientific consensus that human activity is causing climate change."

http://www.desmogblog.com/new-list-climate-qu...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#3 Mar 24, 2009
Some quotes from some of the real climate scientists on the list:

"as a scientist, i'd be absolutely crazy if i'd be saying CO˛ isn't the main cause of global warming"

http://jules-klimaat.blogspot.com/2008/12/inh...

"What should we as a nation do? Decisions have to be made on incomplete information. In this case, we must act on the recommendations of Gore and the IPCC because if we do not reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and the climate models are right, the planet as we know it will in this century become unsustainable. But as a scientist I remain skeptical."

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2008/12/more_...

"In this time," Eichler notes, "the increase in the CO2 concentrations is significantly correlated with our temperature."

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/environmentand...

“I’ve never made any claims that debunk the “Consensus”.

http://www.desmogblog.com/senator-james-inhof...

Misrepresented?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#4 Mar 24, 2009
Fair Game always puts down scientists who don't support AGW goals, it doesn't matter that there is no experimental proof that reducing CO2 emissions will have any beneficial climate effect. Ooops, forgot that part.
Earthling

Spain

#5 Mar 24, 2009
We'll soon be calling Warmists, Deniers, for not believing that no problem exists.

Gawd knows how many years it will be before they realise and admit that CO2 caused AGW, as a serious threat is dead in the water.

There's no reason to discontinue the search for alternative energy, just a good reason not to panic.
kurt angel

Baloy, Philippines

#6 Jun 9, 2009
mamatay ka na sana burat ubama
Northie

Spokane, WA

#7 Jun 9, 2009
Antonio Sosa wrote:
Man-made global warming is a hoax that threatens our future and the future of our children. More than 700 international scientists now dissent over man-made global warming claims.
This is simply the discredited Oregon Petition rising from the dead once more, thanks to the "Senator from Big Oil", James Inhofe, whose energy industry backers want to perpetuate the illusion of scientific debate on this.

The petition is mostly a list of people without any depth in geophysical sciences, most of whom originally signed via a dubious direct mail campaign that concealed the petition's purpose.

But it's been a nice moneymaker for its originators Arthur Robinson and Frederick Seitz, whose "Oregon Institute for Science and Medicine"--actually a remote ranch high in the Siskiyou Range where Robinson awaits nuclear war in a bunker--has increased its annual revenues from $300K to a cool million...all from undisclosed sources.

http://sourcewatch.org/index.php...

In other words, if you believe this, I have a bridge to sell you.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#8 Jun 9, 2009
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
This is simply the discredited Oregon Petition rising from the dead once more, thanks to the "Senator from Big Oil", James Inhofe, whose energy industry backers want to perpetuate the illusion of scientific debate on this.
The petition is mostly a list of people without any depth in geophysical sciences, most of whom originally signed via a dubious direct mail campaign that concealed the petition's purpose.
But it's been a nice moneymaker for its originators Arthur Robinson and Frederick Seitz, whose "Oregon Institute for Science and Medicine"--actually a remote ranch high in the Siskiyou Range where Robinson awaits nuclear war in a bunker--has increased its annual revenues from $300K to a cool million...all from undisclosed sources.
http://sourcewatch.org/index.php...
In other words, if you believe this, I have a bridge to sell you.
Are there any legitimate skeptics or are they all trolls and shills?
Northie

Spokane, WA

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any legitimate skeptics or are they all trolls and shills?
Depends. How would you characterize Sarah Palin?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#11 Jun 9, 2009
Type in these words:

cooling, warming, IPCC

at Google News.
MattJ

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jun 9, 2009
mememine69 wrote:
Type in these words:
cooling, warming, IPCC
at Google News.
No doubt you were expecting us to find convincing evidence of your position, AGW denialism.

But that is NOT what I found. What I found instead is an excellent example of how it is OUR side that understands the difference between true debate and your side's ignorant diatribes, the brilliant description of this difference in Stephen Schneider's words:

"I challenged them to go to a legitimate scientific meeting with a knowledgeable audience and challenge from the floor with a room full of experts. I think they would be pretty unhappy with the outcome. I certainly will not schedule some political show debate in front of a non-scientific audience--all that does is generate confusions since lay audiences can rarely discern the quality of a scientific argument." ( http://www.examiner.com/x-9111-SF-Environment... ).

YOU are one of these who cannot discern it.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#13 Jun 9, 2009
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt you were expecting us to find convincing evidence of your position, AGW denialism.
But that is NOT what I found. What I found instead is an excellent example of how it is OUR side that understands the difference between true debate and your side's ignorant diatribes, the brilliant description of this difference in Stephen Schneider's words:
"I challenged them to go to a legitimate scientific meeting with a knowledgeable audience and challenge from the floor with a room full of experts. I think they would be pretty unhappy with the outcome. I certainly will not schedule some political show debate in front of a non-scientific audience--all that does is generate confusions since lay audiences can rarely discern the quality of a scientific argument." ( http://www.examiner.com/x-9111-SF-Environment... ).
YOU are one of these who cannot discern it.
Picked yourself a nice plum there!Good for you.
http://news.google.ca/news...

“The future's not ...”

Since: May 08

... what it used to be.

#14 Jun 9, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Are there any legitimate skeptics or are they all trolls and shills?
That's what I'd like to know, also.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#15 Jun 9, 2009
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends. How would you characterize Sarah Palin?
Governor of Alaska.
Earthling

Spain

#16 Jun 10, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Are there any legitimate skeptics or are they all trolls and shills?
Ian Plimer?
He wrote:
The world has been warming, slightly and intermittently, and also cooling, since the Little Ice Age. Nothing new there. Sea level, ice sheets and life on earth have also changed slightly. Nothing new there. The claims that the seas are rising and the ice retreating in any extraordinary fashion are all demonstrably false. The theory rests on the categorical assertion that rising carbon dioxide levels result in a warming of the atmosphere. Yet although carbon dioxide levels have been increasing, there has been no significant warming since 1995 and none at all since 1998.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#17 Jun 10, 2009
Sounds good to me, how does our panel of distinguished AGW alarmists view Ian Pilmer, are his criticisms within the bounds of fair debate?
Earthling

Spain

#18 Jun 10, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Sounds good to me, how does our panel of distinguished AGW alarmists view Ian Pilmer, are his criticisms within the bounds of fair debate?
Plimer, Brian, not Pilmer.

Our friend, Fair Game, is possibly doing something useful today on the beaches at Izmir, touting the hard to sell timeshares in unfinished apartments.
No doubt he'll be back when he's exposed Plimer as the Exxon (or whoever) paid fraud that Warmist party members have decided all sceptical scientists must be.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#19 Jun 10, 2009
I don't think the AGW alarmists like this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Having sex before work can make you like your j... (Mar '17) Mar '17 The Wheeze of Trump 1
News 10 utterly weird snack foods to satiate your ko... (Mar '16) Mar '16 DILF 8
News 'Heroic' Teen Rescues Woman From Burning Car (Jul '15) Jul '15 Pope Nosferatu s ... 6
News Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Spotted Girl 36
News Japanese tsunami debris still washing up on Uni... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fred 1
News Teenager charged over x-rated porn-style video ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 DILF 8
News Carl Casale, president and CEO of CHS Inc. (Jan '15) Jan '15 carl 1
More from around the web