Growing hemp legally in Oregon won't ...

Growing hemp legally in Oregon won't be an easy task

There are 12 comments on the KATU-TV Portland story from Aug 11, 2009, titled Growing hemp legally in Oregon won't be an easy task. In it, KATU-TV Portland reports that:

Despite recent approval from state lawmakers, industrial hemp growth in Oregon faces a number of hurdles, including a less than ideal local climate and likely opposition from the Drug Enforcement Agency, an Oregon State University official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATU-TV Portland.

Len

New York, NY

#1 Aug 11, 2009
Of course the feds don't want Hemp to be grown. It'll cut into the profits of those who stuff their wallets with "donations".

“"Nuts"”

Since: Mar 08

Salem, OR

#2 Aug 11, 2009
Stop it Kulongoski,,, the kids are struggling with their meth addiction already... You want to allow the growing of marijuana... Why Albany,,, that to close to my home... Grow the marijuana in Eugene they're all nitwits down there already...
Len

New York, NY

#3 Aug 12, 2009
The Street Grows Darker wrote:
Stop it Kulongoski,,, the kids are struggling with their meth addiction already... You want to allow the growing of marijuana... Why Albany,,, that to close to my home... Grow the marijuana in Eugene they're all nitwits down there already...
You do realize that hemp and marijuana are not the same thing, right?
What does the growing of industrial hemp have to do with the kids' meth addiction ?
Bill

Gaithersburg, MD

#4 Aug 12, 2009
What does "industrial" hemp have to do with this thread?
Len

New York, NY

#5 Aug 12, 2009
Bill wrote:
What does "industrial" hemp have to do with this thread?
Because that's what they are trying to grow in OR.

“"Nuts"”

Since: Mar 08

Salem, OR

#6 Aug 12, 2009
Len wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that hemp and marijuana are not the same thing, right?
What does the growing of industrial hemp have to do with the kids' meth addiction ?
It's hard to delineate between hemp and marajuana plants... Thus the problem... What agency is going to inspect each and every plant... This will bring a lot of greese ball illegals from California looking for a quick buck... Time for a new governor...
Len

New York, NY

#7 Aug 13, 2009
The Street Grows Darker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to delineate between hemp and marajuana plants... Thus the problem... What agency is going to inspect each and every plant... This will bring a lot of greese ball illegals from California looking for a quick buck... Time for a new governor...
Obviously I cannot comment on your Governor. But our country has taken a financial hit (pardon the pun)because of this prohibition. Hemp has a myriad of uses and can solve problems on multiple fronts. Hemp for paper and clothing is cheaper and more ecological than pulp/cotton, etc. American auto makers import hemp from Europe for use in headrest and door panel padding. Kind of silly to import it when we can grow it here and give our farmers another source of income. More crops mean less subsidies needed which means less tax $$$ going to that sector. Do you see where I'm going?
gogreen with hemp

Hillsboro, OR

#8 Sep 10, 2009
hemp grows everywhere on the planet. There are only maybe three places on the earth where it wont grow. If you compare this to any drug you are just plain wrong! You would have to smoke about 300 pounds of hemp in approximately two minutes in order to get any kind of high, and even then it is not guaranteed to give you anything but a headache. Hemp is our future, Len has touched on just a very small part of over 25,000 plus products that can be made from this heavenly plant, don't judge a book by its cover, this is not the sixties and we are not hippies, the economy and the planet is in distress so we need this plant to make a planet for our next generation, and ours. In short Oregon is a great place to grow hemp and that is the real deal, you want to live sustainably choose HEMP.
Rocket Hemp

Portland, OR

#10 Dec 11, 2009
Hemp that's legal to grow has 0.3 or less THC. Its not a street drug its going to help Oregon Farmers make a good living again and help are economy.
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

#11 Dec 16, 2009
Len wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that hemp and marijuana are not the same thing, right?
What does the growing of industrial hemp have to do with the kids' meth addiction ?
It has to do with Oregonians being uneducated, backward, bigoted, useless hicks.
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2009
gogreen with hemp wrote:
hemp grows everywhere on the planet. There are only maybe three places on the earth where it wont grow. If you compare this to any drug you are just plain wrong! You would have to smoke about 300 pounds of hemp in approximately two minutes in order to get any kind of high, and even then it is not guaranteed to give you anything but a headache. Hemp is our future, Len has touched on just a very small part of over 25,000 plus products that can be made from this heavenly plant, don't judge a book by its cover, this is not the sixties and we are not hippies, the economy and the planet is in distress so we need this plant to make a planet for our next generation, and ours. In short Oregon is a great place to grow hemp and that is the real deal, you want to live sustainably choose HEMP.
Why don't you just figure out a use for the things that actually grow like weeds in Oregon: mud, algae, moss, ivy, nutria and other rodents, puddles and useless Oregonians.

Now THAT would be doing something useful.
narrowmindedpeop lesuck

New York, NY

#13 Dec 20, 2009
i think the worse part about this thread is that the people against hemp care way too much. seriously there are one million other better things to whine about than hemp. (and hemp is actually great for the environment) and on that note actual weed, not to confuse the subject here, is no worse than alcohol consumption (they're in the same ballpark). if you think differently then go try the two yourself to get a real comparison, rather than listening to all the bs hearsay. i used to be super anti pot and now i realize people do dumber crap when drunk than when sitting on their couch all relaxed and happy feeling. because i tried it biotch. (everything in moderation) and guess what else, i dont smoke all the time like some addict you picture and it's never 'gatewayed' me into other drugs. and furthermore to the stereotype that says pro-weed people are 'liberal' 'lazy' 'young', well i make more money than most, 6 figures, and i work 50+ hours a week at 26 yo. your sterotype is going out the window my friend...smoke it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 utterly weird snack foods to satiate your ko... Mar '16 DILF 8
News 'Heroic' Teen Rescues Woman From Burning Car (Jul '15) Jul '15 Pope Nosferatu s ... 6
News Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Spotted Girl 36
News Japanese tsunami debris still washing up on Uni... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fred 1
News Teenager charged over x-rated porn-style video ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 DILF 8
News Carl Casale, president and CEO of CHS Inc. (Jan '15) Jan '15 carl 1
News Matched 'hybrid' systems may hold key to wider ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Solarman 1
More from around the web