Ex-delegate Hamilton sentenced to 9 1...

Ex-delegate Hamilton sentenced to 9 1/2 years in corruption case

There are 7 comments on the Richmond Times-Dispatch story from Aug 12, 2011, titled Ex-delegate Hamilton sentenced to 9 1/2 years in corruption case. In it, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that:

Former Del. Philliip A. Hamilton of Newport News leaving U.S. District Court after he was sentenced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Times-Dispatch.

What a shame

United States

#1 Aug 12, 2011
Phil Hamilton should not have been sentenced to one day in jail much less 9 1/2 years. He was a good man who did a lot for Virginia and our mental health system. Perhaps he made an error in judgement but look at the drug dealers and murderers who get less time. The Attorneys and the judge need to be investigated.
Sydney345

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Aug 12, 2011
I would like to know what was different in what he did and others like Norment and Oder got cushy jobs? It just seems to me that he got slammed. If you deal crack, rob a nun or shot someone, you probably get a lighter sentence in Newport News.
Tabb Resident

Yorktown, VA

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Sydney345 wrote:
I would like to know what was different in what he did and others like Norment and Oder got cushy jobs? It just seems to me that he got slammed. If you deal crack, rob a nun or shot someone, you probably get a lighter sentence in Newport News.
ditto. If you look into the other colleges in the area, I bet you can find a 100 professors who have relatives somewhere in the freeloading family system.
hammer time

Dallas, GA

#4 Aug 13, 2011
What a shame wrote:
Phil Hamilton should not have been sentenced to one day in jail much less 9 1/2 years. He was a good man who did a lot for Virginia and our mental health system. Perhaps he made an error in judgement but look at the drug dealers and murderers who get less time. The Attorneys and the judge need to be investigated.
he got what he deserved, don't excuse the crime b/c he was a good man. a lot of good men do wonderful things, but yet when they violate the laws of the land they shouldn't be expected to get a slap on the wrist. how many times have that so called "good" man howled and screamed about how bad others were, when in fact he was developing a sinister and shady persona. get real the chips have fallen on his head.
hammer time

Dallas, GA

#5 Aug 13, 2011
Sydney345 wrote:
he knew better, he didn't follow the tea-partiers 11th commandment; "THOU SHALL NOT GET CAUGHT."
hammer time

Dallas, GA

#6 Aug 13, 2011
Tabb Resident wrote:
<quoted text>ditto. If you look into the other colleges in the area, I bet you can find a 100 professors who have relatives somewhere in the freeloading family system.
the difference is, they didn't get CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#7 Aug 13, 2011
hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference is, they didn't get CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Like you and this guy?

The only difference between you two is that you are a deranged racist bible thumping moron and he is just a moron, but both criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Old Dominion University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A fascinating, up-close look at gay gang member... Sep 7 TomInElPaso 13
News Racist Rap Video Sparks Outrage Across ODU Camp... May '17 Hillary Clinton v... 1
News Secretary of State John Kerry visits Naval Stat... (Nov '15) Nov '15 peckerwood pete 1
News Old Dominion Frat Suspended For Crude Signs (Aug '15) Aug '15 Carl 3
Entrepreneurs wanted to join HI-TECH ROADS Inno... (Dec '14) Dec '14 HI-TECH ROADS 1
News Va. Beach lawyer in gay rights case finds his c... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Scratch a Homophobe 4
News Jose Vargas to Speak at Old Dominion University (Apr '14) Apr '14 Magadala 13
More from around the web