Coyotes 100 Percent Monogamous, Study...

Coyotes 100 Percent Monogamous, Study Says

There are 26 comments on the NBC Dallas story from Oct 2, 2012, titled Coyotes 100 Percent Monogamous, Study Says. In it, NBC Dallas reports that:

Researchers at Ohio State University found that coyotes in urban areas are 100 percent monogamous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Dallas.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Wonder how much that grant was.
This matters because?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
Wonder how much that grant was.
This matters because?
LoL. Was wondering who footed the bill for this myself :0)

Arcadia, LA.

#3 Oct 2, 2012
"Researchers at Ohio State University genetically sampled more than 200 coyotes in the Chicago area.."

Coyotes in Chicago?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#4 Oct 2, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
"Researchers at Ohio State University genetically sampled more than 200 coyotes in the Chicago area.."
Coyotes in Chicago?
Why is that a surprise? We know there are jackasses in Chicago.
Not So Much

Huntington, NY

#5 Oct 2, 2012
What about Cougars?

;-)

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that a surprise? We know there are jackasses in Chicago.
Not to mention FROM Chicago.

“frequently laughing”

Hotel California

#7 Oct 2, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
Coyotes in Chicago?
Coyotes are adapting to urban environments rather well. They breed like rabbits. Did you miss the story of the woman walking a little dog on a leash that was attacked? It won't be a big deal until it is a child, it's coming.

Arcadia, LA.

#8 Oct 2, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that a surprise? We know there are jackasses in Chicago.
LoL. That's why I'm surprised. I would've thought that coyotes would cull the number of jackasses :0)

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#9 Oct 2, 2012
They're just sneaky, that's all

Arcadia, LA.

#10 Oct 2, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>Coyotes are adapting to urban environments rather well. They breed like rabbits. Did you miss the story of the woman walking a little dog on a leash that was attacked? It won't be a big deal until it is a child, it's coming.
Hi A.W. I don't recall that one. But now that you mention it, I seem to recall others from the Western U.S. San Diego area, I think, of coyotes being spotted in the city.

“frequently laughing”

Hotel California

#11 Oct 2, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi A.W. I don't recall that one. But now that you mention it, I seem to recall others from the Western U.S. San Diego area, I think, of coyotes being spotted in the city.
Are you talking about the furry kind or the ones that transport people in to the country?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Even the gay ones?

Arcadia, LA.

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the furry kind or the ones that transport people in to the country?
LoL. The furry kind (as well as the transport kind :0)

Location hidden

#14 Oct 2, 2012
Not So Much wrote:
What about Cougars?
;-)
You know, there's never a cougar around when you need one.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#15 Oct 2, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL. That's why I'm surprised. I would've thought that coyotes would cull the number of jackasses :0)
Cale farmers regularly keep Donkeys and llamas with their cattle because they hate canines and will kill them if they can. Helpful when calving time comes around. Sheep men keep llamas too for the same reason.
Sam

United States

#16 Oct 2, 2012
EraserX wrote:
Even the gay ones?
The gay ones stick to blogging.
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>Coyotes are adapting to urban environments rather well. They breed like rabbits. Did you miss the story of the woman walking a little dog on a leash that was attacked? It won't be a big deal until it is a child, it's coming.
In Jackson Wy, which borders the wilderness area coyotes will definitely take an unprotected dog.
And the dog, regardless of size or breed has zero shot.
Kids, at least thus far have been off limits.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>The gay ones stick to blogging.
And posting on Topix, right buddy? ;)

(seriously, why is it the worst insult some folks could possibly come up with is being gay? Sort of small minded, I think. Akin to calling someone out for being left handed or having too many freckles. Weird.)

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#19 Oct 2, 2012
we use ACME ..... ala roadrunner

Arcadia, LA.

#20 Oct 2, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Cale farmers regularly keep Donkeys and llamas with their cattle because they hate canines and will kill them if they can. Helpful when calving time comes around. Sheep men keep llamas too for the same reason.
Thank you okimar. I wasn't aware of that.

Proof that one CAN learn something useful on topix occasionally :0)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Outpatient vascular labs no more efficient than... Jul 5 They cannot kill ... 1
News Young professionals club helps newcomers, lifel... Jul 5 They cannot kill ... 1
News New Study: Blondes have higher Iq than brunettes Jun 28 Rugilerar 2
News Dalon Smoot Jun '16 d pants 3
News Brutus Buckeye drops out of Pride parade after ... Jun '16 They cannot kill ... 20
News Prosecutors: US Rep. Fattah took illegal $1M ca... Jun '16 Lanny 76
News Ohio State football | Top-rated QB Tate Martell... Jun '16 They cannot kill ... 4
More from around the web