Ohio Northern University sends studen...

Ohio Northern University sends students to Cuba

There are 9 comments on the Cuba Journal story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Ohio Northern University sends students to Cuba. In it, Cuba Journal reports that:

March 6, 2009 - 6:42 PM Beth L. Jokinen ADA - Ohio Northern University sends its fourth group of students to Cuba today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cuba Journal.

“America la bella!!”

Since: Jan 07

que Dios te bendiga

#1 Mar 10, 2009
It is real funny how many people in USA including Cuba Journal are hoping that Obama and Raul Castro will someday "come together" in Politics regarding Cuba and USA. Any President will first come together with "The People" in this case cubans and then will do with the rest of the world. In Cuba we do not really know. Cuba do not have free ellecions or Candidates for Presidents since 1959. Not even raul knows..for what he has repression and no freedom in Cuba. I think Raul does not want to know. And Obama knows it.
The Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#2 Mar 10, 2009
Those universities who maintain such educational ties with Cuba are to be highly regarded. Dialoge with fellow Cuban students, everyday Cubans, builds bridges of communication, respect and understanding. This will do far more to bring the desired changes to Cuba than all the hateful rhetoric, name-calling, embargos, and isolation.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

Marco Island,Florida

#3 Mar 10, 2009
The Compassionate One wrote:
Those universities who maintain such educational ties with Cuba are to be highly regarded. Dialoge with fellow Cuban students, everyday Cubans, builds bridges of communication, respect and understanding. This will do far more to bring the desired changes to Cuba than all the hateful rhetoric, name-calling, embargos, and isolation.
I agree!We must penetrate the dictatorship!
DANGEROUS CUBA

Hilton Head Island, SC

#4 Mar 10, 2009
"Government of Cuba"? The Castros are the government - the island is a prison - the castros are criminals - there is no need to bail out these murdering castros - DIR fido DIE! FREE CUBA NOW!!! www.therealcuba.com
The Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#5 Mar 10, 2009
DANGEROUS CUBA wrote:
"Government of Cuba"? The Castros are the government - the island is a prison - the castros are criminals - there is no need to bail out these murdering castros - DIR fido DIE! FREE CUBA NOW!!! www.therealcuba.com
And.....who is trying to bail them out? Actually, there is far more to the Cuban government that Fidel and Raul, even given their enormous powers.(I am not defending anyone!!!)

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

“Hurt me, make me stronger!”

Since: Jul 08

Where Liberty Dwells

#6 Mar 10, 2009
The Compassionate One wrote:
Those universities who maintain such educational ties with Cuba are to be highly regarded. Dialoge with fellow Cuban students, everyday Cubans, builds bridges of communication, respect and understanding. This will do far more to bring the desired changes to Cuba than all the hateful rhetoric, name-calling, embargos, and isolation.
You are extremely compassionate towards those damned commies, while you demonized a good man like Pres. Bush, even if he was a bad president, he is not a damned communist assasin & murderer.
There is no comparison!
Cuba's government on the other hand may be compared to hitler's. Would you show hitler the same compassion, CG!
I doubt it, I think you sympatize with those rotten commies!
The Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#7 Mar 11, 2009
LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are extremely compassionate towards those damned commies, while you demonized a good man like Pres. Bush, even if he was a bad president, he is not a damned communist assasin & murderer.
There is no comparison!
Cuba's government on the other hand may be compared to hitler's. Would you show hitler the same compassion, CG!
I doubt it, I think you sympatize with those rotten commies!
1. I am compassionate toward human beings regardless of the lables you place on them - I am not compassionate toward Communism! It is an "ism" just as capitalism and socialism are mere human creations and not to be worshiped as divine.

2. Bush "demonized" himself. He does not nor did he ever need my help in doing so. The standing of the U.S. in the eyes of the world has never, in modern history, been this low!
The Compassionate One

Clayton, NC

#8 Mar 11, 2009
LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are extremely compassionate towards those damned commies, while you demonized a good man like Pres. Bush, even if he was a bad president, he is not a damned communist assasin & murderer.
There is no comparison!
Cuba's government on the other hand may be compared to hitler's. Would you show hitler the same compassion, CG!
I doubt it, I think you sympatize with those rotten commies!
One more comment/question.
What is the difference in being "a damned communist assain" or "a damned Capitalist assain"?

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

“Hurt me, make me stronger!”

Since: Jul 08

Where Liberty Dwells

#9 Mar 11, 2009
The Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>1. I am compassionate toward human beings regardless of the lables you place on them - I am not compassionate toward Communism! It is an "ism" just as capitalism and socialism are mere human creations and not to be worshiped as divine.
2. Bush "demonized" himself. He does not nor did he ever need my help in doing so. The standing of the U.S. in the eyes of the world has never, in modern history, been this low!
There is absolutely no comparison between President Bush and swine like the castros, hitler or the ape from venezuela.
Bush is comparable to Obama, Reagan, Clinton & such. Now you may have your favorites as I do, but I would never say Clinton is like castro, despite the fact that I liked Clinton as much as you did Bush.
Bottopm line: You are trying to BLUR the issue to suit your commie agenda!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio Northern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hoghe estate auction sets new VW County high (May '16) May '16 Farm insurance guy 3
News Is Your Chiropractor "Religious"? (Jul '14) Jul '14 Chiropractor from... 10
News Kettering Judge Robert Moore died Saturday, Jan... (Feb '14) Apr '14 ToReal39 6
News Sweet Aroma's guest baristas raising money for ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 scoobie simon 2
News School news (Jun '11) Oct '12 We dont know 2
Graduation video (May '12) May '12 Aunt rose 2
News Warden during Lucasville riots shares lessons l... (Apr '12) Apr '12 janie 1
More from around the web