Promising Alzheimer's 'drug' halts me...

Promising Alzheimer's 'drug' halts memory loss

There are 2 comments on the Science Daily story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Promising Alzheimer's 'drug' halts memory loss. In it, Science Daily reports that:

Developed in the laboratory of D. Martin Watterson, the molecules halted memory loss and fixed damaged communication among brain cells in a mouse model of Alzheimer's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Daily.

Brad Deffer

Invermere, Canada

#1 Jun 28, 2013
For many people, regardless of age, experiencing short lapses of memory are normal and are of no concern. Studies have shown, however, that there are many things you can do to keep your mind sharp and functioning well.

Increase the amount of blood and oxygen flow to your brain by getting regular exercise. Not only does your brain need oxygen to function, exercise helps to reduce stress, which can have a negative impact on brain function. Also, eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants, found in these two food groups, work to keep brain cells in optimal condition. Consider boosting your vitamin B intake.

Sometimes, following the above steps just doesn't cut it. That's when you should start taking supplements. Any sort of supplement that gives your brain the added boost in adrenaline and most importantly nutrients will greatly improve your cognitive capabilities. I myself take one Procera avh pill every day before I go to bed and it seems to do the trick. It's probably one of the only supplements that has helped me prevent short term memory loss (which, believe me, gets worse as you age!) None of the over the counter stuff quite cut it for me. There's an in-depth review of Procera and other supplements here http://reviews.3dsvita.com/procera-avh-review...

Good luck!!
andrew john langham

East Grinstead, UK

#2 Jun 28, 2013
feed a rodent on aluminium sulphate and then biopse the brain and large holes will be observed;
alzheimers is not so much disease but a calcifaction of protein in neuron tuberals'cased by aluminium from everywhere' especially ground water'macrophages cannot remove it fast enough so it forms white plaque that tuns brown over time due to oxygen starvation and the cells die; hence holes in cranial brain scan; bse was similar;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwestern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Northwestern Program Responds To 'Hateful,' Rac... Nov 25 Ravenclaw 2
News Gay men increasingly turn to surrogates to have... Nov 24 Jobart 4
News Colleges Cancelled Exams for Students Traumatiz... Nov 16 JThibault 1
News Colorado emergency rooms are a hot spot for mar... (Mar '16) Aug '16 Elise Gingerich 5
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul '16 Sam 92
News LANL discovery could launch next generation of ... Jul '16 Solarman 1
News Kids born 'late' perform better in elementary a... (Jun '16) Jun '16 LineDazzle 3
More from around the web