Troy Davis execution fuels eyewitness ID debate

There are 24 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Sep 27, 2011, titled Troy Davis execution fuels eyewitness ID debate. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Before he was executed in Georgia last week, Troy Davis brought worldwide attention to his case by challenging the trustworthiness of bystanders who said they saw him shoot a police officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#25 Sep 28, 2011
DENG wrote:
THE UNITED STATES GOVENMENT IS USED TO KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE
so unlike china, huh, dung.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#26 Sep 28, 2011
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
and YOU know it was the "buddy"?
how?
were you there?
btw, i'm very much in favor of the death penalty.
I never said I knew it was the buddy however to answer your question some consider it a possibility because some of the eye witnesses who recanted indicated it could have been Cole, Cole owned a 38 which is what was used, Davis said it was Cole, Cole said it was Davis, Cole was there and Cole was the one who got into the argument with the homeless guy the officer came out to help.

Looks like Davis did it but I thought we should be sure before we killed him. I am not a big death penalty fan but in a lot of states you have to ask for the death penalty in order to get life without parole.

The moral of the story is that if you lay down with dogs you get fleas. It would be much more difficult to have pinned it on Davis had he not been there when the earlier shooting happened and if he had not been there when the officer was shot.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#27 Oct 8, 2011
MANY PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BEING MURDERED NOW, ESPECIALLY THE ONE'S WHO DISSENT, IN SECRET, LIKE THE LEADERSHIP OF THE WALL STREET PROTESTS.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#28 Oct 9, 2011
DENG wrote:
MANY PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BEING MURDERED NOW, ESPECIALLY THE ONE'S WHO DISSENT, IN SECRET, LIKE THE LEADERSHIP OF THE WALL STREET PROTESTS.
PAID TO POST>>>>Go F*ck Yourself......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwestern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palestinian private sector needs support May 12 the Ace of Spades 1
News Jews, African-Americans Targeted in Graffiti at... Apr 29 bolle 6
News Should You Take a Cholesterol-Lowering Drug? (Feb '14) Apr '15 GovindRai 4
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Mar '15 Niomi 56
News As Ruble Plunges, So Does Russian Tourism In Th... Mar '15 RUSSIAN BEGGARS 1
News Why We Need To Be Talking About Postpartum Depr... Mar '15 Jaimie 4
News Anti-Israel Divestment Push Gains Traction At U... Mar '15 hicosymotu 1
More from around the web