Study: Attending church can make you fat

Study: Attending church can make you fat

There are 1 comment on the WHP-TV Harrisburg story from Apr 4, 2011, titled Study: Attending church can make you fat. In it, WHP-TV Harrisburg reports that:

Can going to church make you fat? A new study says yes. It found that those who attend religious activities are more than twice as likely to gain weight than those who don't go to church as often.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHP-TV Harrisburg.

The Rooster

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Apr 7, 2011
This has got to be one of the most ignorant and inaccurate articles I have ever read. People DO NOT gain weight from attending church! I certainly don't eat while I am attending my church service. What church do you attend, the one with the golden arches? Maybe that’s where the so-called “experts” from Northwestern attend their services. Actually, I don't believe that you and Liu, or any of the other so-called “experts” attend any church services and probably never have. If you did, you would know that abstinence, fasting and moderation are taught. But I wouldn't expect you to know that. Besides, anyone who knows anything will surely tell you, it is most common for people to eat when they get together for ANY event, not just AFTER a church service! And we rarely eat at church after a service. This article is such obvious proof of you left wing liberals trying to undermine the core values of this great country. It’s a very lame attempt to try and convince people to stop attending Sunday services. Your article is twisted, one sided and all wrong. May I suggest you try another career field? Because you’re really not any good at this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwestern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colorado emergency rooms are a hot spot for mar... 5 hr Elise Gingerich 5
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul '16 Sam 92
News LANL discovery could launch next generation of ... Jul '16 Solarman 1
News Kids born 'late' perform better in elementary a... Jun '16 LineDazzle 3
News Illinois withdraws from federal immigration pro... (May '11) Jun '16 Teresa W 2
News Yale OKs gender-neutral bathrooms, joining 150+... May '16 Three Days Paleo 1
News Muslim woman claiming anti-Islam bigotry story ... (Jun '15) May '16 Three Days Paleo 4
More from around the web