Manhattan taps new police chief

Manhattan taps new police chief

There are 81 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Dec 9, 2011, titled Manhattan taps new police chief. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Harold Martin III, now chief in Pilot Point, Texas, will be sworn in at the Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Doc

Roselle, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2011
Welcome Chief Martin. I hope you are allowed to do your job in a professional manner and not be bullied.
Snicklefritz

Manhattan, IL

#2 Dec 10, 2011
Why on Earth would someone want to come from Texas to Illinois??
marvin

Sugar Grove, IL

#3 Dec 10, 2011
To join in the graft and corruption that Illinois is so famous for?
WhatTheF

Plainfield, IL

#4 Dec 10, 2011
Doc wrote:
Welcome Chief Martin. I hope you are allowed to do your job in a professional manner and not be bullied.
Your to late,Gibson has already told him how things will be done
well

Plainfield, IL

#5 Dec 10, 2011
He cant be as bad as the deu*h bag we have now..What a joke!
Kiss Kiss

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6 Dec 10, 2011
WhatTheF wrote:
<quoted text>Your to late,Gibson has already told him how things will be done
That can be changed in a year and a few months. Vote out Borgo and certainly there is no one that in his or her right mind you extend Gibson's employment. And frankly, a new Mayor has the power to retain or remove the police chief as well.
Cracking up

Manhattan, IL

#7 Dec 10, 2011
So does this mean the cops will stop pulling people over that are not speeding and say they are speeding? That has happened to me twice now.
Just Wrong

Westmont, IL

#8 Dec 10, 2011
$91,000 a year to supervise 4 people is a little two much.
Kiss Kiss

Arlington Heights, IL

#9 Dec 11, 2011
Just Wrong wrote:
The Village Administration and Village Board sure have NO PROBLEM throwing around the peoples' money - wouldn't you agree? Now that is two police chiefs (babk 2 back) getting too much pay. And when will this fellow be purchasing a house in town to help soak up some of the taxation?
Gangsta Lean

Manhattan, IL

#10 Dec 11, 2011
The town has to have a Po-Po chief, so it's not like that money is wasted. If he is only making 91,000 that is pretty low for a Police Chief.
Marvin Aday

United States

#11 Dec 11, 2011
I wish he'd buy my house , this town is a dump ! He will get a great deal if he does move in town with all the Foreclosures he can get a 5 year old built house that was once 265,000 for 150,000 thanks again BILLY and the CLEAR VISION!
Kiss Kiss wrote:
<quoted text>The Village Administration and Village Board sure have NO PROBLEM throwing around the peoples' money - wouldn't you agree? Now that is two police chiefs (babk 2 back) getting too much pay. And when will this fellow be purchasing a house in town to help soak up some of the taxation?
lets see

Westmont, IL

#12 Dec 11, 2011
We need dirt bike Tommy!!!!
WhatTheF

Plainfield, IL

#13 Dec 11, 2011
Cracking up wrote:
So does this mean the cops will stop pulling people over that are not speeding and say they are speeding? That has happened to me twice now.
Get used to it,gotta pay his salary someway
working class white

Arlington Heights, IL

#15 Dec 12, 2011
Dirt Bike Tommy wrote:
I am gonna run for mayor !!<quoted text>
I thonk you are going to have some competition. But it looks like you like a good race.
Dirt Bike Tommy

Manhattan, IL

#16 Dec 12, 2011
When I become Mayor I will make sure all of the police officers where assless chaps!
Street Justice

United States

#17 Dec 12, 2011
Dirt Bike Tommy wrote:
When I become Mayor I will make sure all of the police officers where assless chaps!
I bet you will, you're a ramrodder.
artifice2009

United States

#18 Dec 12, 2011
Just Wrong wrote:
I think that is cheap. Did you see that guy's mustache?
He Gone

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 20, 2011
Just Wrong wrote:
Your numbers are slightly off. Conniption Fitz made $98,000 a year to "supervise" 9 full time officers. And actually, was little if any supervision. The idiots that needed discipline were allowed to operate with impunity and the decent officers were constantly threatened with discipline for not toeing his line, which seemed to fluctuate like the tide. Thank God he's gone. In like a lion and out like a lamb too. He left nothing to be proud of and the dept. is worse off now than ever. That's what you get when your leadership style is one of 'divide and conquer' and you reward and value loyalty to yourself over competency. He was a completely uselss chief and will not be missed. Hopefully the new guy recognizes the idiots and doesn't play the Barker-Fitz favorites game. We'll see. Fitz, happy trails you pompous, arrogant, self centered a$$. EPIC FAIL on your part.
WhatTheF

Bloomingdale, IL

#20 Dec 20, 2011
He Gone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numbers are slightly off. Conniption Fitz made $98,000 a year to "supervise" 9 full time officers. And actually, was little if any supervision. The idiots that needed discipline were allowed to operate with impunity and the decent officers were constantly threatened with discipline for not toeing his line, which seemed to fluctuate like the tide. Thank God he's gone. In like a lion and out like a lamb too. He left nothing to be proud of and the dept. is worse off now than ever. That's what you get when your leadership style is one of 'divide and conquer' and you reward and value loyalty to yourself over competency. He was a completely uselss chief and will not be missed. Hopefully the new guy recognizes the idiots and doesn't play the Barker-Fitz favorites game. We'll see. Fitz, happy trails you pompous, arrogant, self centered a$$. EPIC FAIL on your part.
WELL SAID
check double check

Merrillville, IN

#21 Dec 20, 2011
I will cherish Doyle's dig he dished out at last night's meeting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwestern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Self-reported eczema valid for detecting atopic... Jul 29 Sarah 1
News Study: Fatherhood can make you fat Jul 22 humanspirit 2
News Story of sex with nurse prompts censorship clai... Jun '15 bjames_37921 2
News "The Melting World" - Art Inspired By Earthquak... Jun '15 study 1
News Muslim woman claiming anti-Islam bigotry story ... Jun '15 Old Pom 3
News Tahera Ahmad and the curious case of Islamophobia Jun '15 Islam Forbids 1
News Jury hears openings in New Jersey 'gay conversi... Jun '15 Dr Reker s Bellhop 4
More from around the web