U.S. defends killing Americans who join al Qaeda

Mar 5, 2012 Full story: Reuters 75

Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S.-born cleric linked to al Qaeda's Yemen-based wing, gives a religious lecture in an unknown location in this still image taken from video released by Intelwire.com on September 30, 2011.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#61 Mar 9, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an agnostic, baptized Methodist. I don't even know a lot about Islam, and have never been Muslim.
YOU, however, are clearly a loutish, trolling right-wing idiot.
Anyone who endorses the use of nuclear weapons is a genocidal nut engaged in hate speech. Contemptible.
let me put it this way, muslim.

if I told you I was an imam, and then, went on a rant telling everybody how much I love the jews, would you believe me?

that's how you appear to me.

here you are telling me you are a christian, and then, you rant about how much you hate the jews?

as for the endorsing of nuclear weapons... that little man in iran is always ranting about quote, "WIPING US OFF THE MAP!".

I don't see you telling him to shut up. now, I wonder why?

he's working towards obtaining nuclear bombs...says he isn't. but if he isn't, why don't he just follow the UN advice and use thorium instead of plutonium to fuel iran's nuclear plants?

spent thorium cannot be used for nuclear bombs.

with all that in my mind, and the knowledge that the koran advocates the use of lies and deception whenever muslims interact with non-muslims. hudna, ketman, taqqiya...

well, it makes me very suspicious of people who talk like YOU.

you are either a muslim or one of those cocaine using, marijuana smoking, brain dead, stupid hippies like jane fonda.

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Trang, Thailand

#63 Mar 10, 2012
Asian Guy,

I am now guessing that you don't have the facts, maybe you should read about the two incidents then try to make an informed post.

Four (4) US citizens were killed by the US government.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#64 Mar 10, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Asian Guy,
I am now guessing that you don't have the facts, maybe you should read about the two incidents then try to make an informed post.
Four (4) US citizens were killed by the US government.
look. when you show the same amount of criticism for those muslims who declared war on us, maybe then, I will give you more attention.

but as I see it, you are an anti-american individual.

why?

like I said in a previous post.. you are either muslim or one of those cocaine using, marijuana smoking, BRAIN DEAD, STUPID hippies out there like jane fonda.

did you even bother to read the list of links I provided you in the previous post?

you said I'm only speaking from the gut with no knowledge of the laws? unbelievable. as I see it, maybe you should look in the mirror.

hey. even obama signed off on the killing of awlaki. but I guess you think you know better than everybody else. right?

brain dead.

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Trang, Thailand

#65 Mar 10, 2012
Asian Guy,
You really need to read the facts in those two cases because you still don't get it.

Obama didn't sign off on killing the innocent US citizen, only awlaki.

You can't cover your ignorance with the flag.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#66 Mar 10, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Asian Guy,
You really need to read the facts in those two cases because you still don't get it.
Obama didn't sign off on killing the innocent US citizen, only awlaki.
You can't cover your ignorance with the flag.
have you heard of the term.. "collateral damage".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collateral_damag...

it happens on both sides. and there is no way around it when you are at war.

obviously, you don't like it. so, what are you suggesting we do about it? arrest obama?

like I said... it happens on both sides. before complaining about our experiences with it, why aren't you ranting to the muslims about it?

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Trang, Thailand

#67 Mar 10, 2012
Asian Guy,
I was addressing the topic. You are rationalizing.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#68 Mar 10, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Asian Guy,
I was addressing the topic. You are rationalizing.
well then, smart guy, what do you suggest we do to american citizens who side with the enemy, and we can't reach them because they are in enemy territory?

nothing?

perhaps twiddle our thumbs waiting for them to commit more violence against americans?

the way you talk.. we should give everybody including enemy combatants due process because at face value we really don't know who is an american citizen or not. right?

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Thailand

#69 Mar 11, 2012
Asian Guy,
A start would be to set up a process, one with oversight, checks and balances.

Usually called rules of engagement.

Not a small group of individuals, behind closed doors, acting as judge, jury and executioner.

"we should give everybody including enemy combatants due process because at face value we really don't know who is an american citizen or not. right?"

More BS, we knew we were killing an American citizen.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#70 Mar 13, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Asian Guy,
A start would be to set up a process, one with oversight, checks and balances.
Usually called rules of engagement.
Not a small group of individuals, behind closed doors, acting as judge, jury and executioner.
"we should give everybody including enemy combatants due process because at face value we really don't know who is an american citizen or not. right?"
More BS, we knew we were killing an American citizen.
you didn't answer my question, genius.

how are you going to prosecute american citizens who are living with the enemy behind enemy lines?

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Ayutthaya, Thailand

#71 Mar 14, 2012
Asian Guy,
Apparently you have reading comprehension difficulties. I answered your question.

If it is too complex, just ask and I will try to explain the part(s) you don't understand.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#72 Mar 14, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Asian Guy,
Apparently you have reading comprehension difficulties. I answered your question.
If it is too complex, just ask and I will try to explain the part(s) you don't understand.
your answer was to not do anything. and allow those who wish us harm to do whatever they want with impugnity.

that is what I get from your "answer".

reading difficulties? I know exactly who you are, and whom you represent. and it is not america and american's interest.

right, muslim?

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Ayutthaya, Thailand

#73 Mar 14, 2012
Asian Guy,
I understand that you are in over your head here and can only offer insults as rebuttal.

But, you have been behind since you entered this debate, first you didn't know that innocents were killed along with the targets, then you attempted to explain their deaths as collateral damage, now you don't understand the answer to your question.

Maybe you should go back and get grounded on what due process is and why it is important.

Skip the insults and try to deal with the topic.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#74 Mar 14, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Asian Guy,
I understand that you are in over your head here and can only offer insults as rebuttal.
But, you have been behind since you entered this debate, first you didn't know that innocents were killed along with the targets, then you attempted to explain their deaths as collateral damage, now you don't understand the answer to your question.
Maybe you should go back and get grounded on what due process is and why it is important.
Skip the insults and try to deal with the topic.
listen, muslim. obviously, you don't like that some people that YOU think were innocent were killed. TOUGH. what are you going to do about it?

there were 3000+ innocent people killed in 9/11. why don't you go bang your head complaining to your muslims brothers about all the innocent victims there?

when that little man in iran sends a nuclear bomb over to one of the western nations, I have no doubt that you will not say one word about all the innocent killed then.

frankly, I think you will be celebrating. right, muslim?

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Thailand

#75 Mar 19, 2012
Asian Guy,
You continue to miss the point and the topic.

If as you say the target was in enemy territory and capture was impossible, then why aren't we hammering those enemy now?

Then if the target had of surfaced in Newark would a drone launched missile been used? Or how about he turned up in Russia, would we have arrested him?

On top of that had he of been picked up in either of those two places he would still be alive. He would also have been allowed due process.

Double standards don't make for good government.

Unknown people in back rooms should not be who decides our fate.
dork

Thane, India

#76 Mar 25, 2012
fgr

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwestern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should You Take a Cholesterol-Lowering Drug? (Feb '14) Feb 15 Cholesterol Guy 3
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, But Science Can Help Jan '15 HumanSpirit 1
Researchers synthetize molecules to block virus... Nov '14 bubbah 1
Primary election for two Walworth County Board ... (Feb '12) Oct '14 Sgt Prepper 2
Obama: Economy is coming back Oct '14 barefoot2626 218
How to Stoke the Middle-Class Comeback Oct '14 dlkava 1
Obama to speak about economy at Northwestern U. Oct '14 Don Joe 36
More from around the web