Can Black men survive falling U.S. ec...

Can Black men survive falling U.S. economy?

There are 58 comments on the www.finalcall.com story from Apr 11, 2009, titled Can Black men survive falling U.S. economy?. In it, www.finalcall.com reports that:

A recent study indicates that of the major ethnic groups impacted by unemployment during the current U.S. recession, Black men have experienced the greatest job losses since the crisis officially began in November 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.finalcall.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
American Policy

Toledo, OH

#1 Apr 11, 2009
Which one? To us, ALL of the business cycle economy of any time is a failure.
tigray

Fairfax, VA

#2 Apr 11, 2009
I think Black men will be fine. People still need drugs when Depression come. Maybe it'll be a boomtime!

“My future husband!”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Apr 11, 2009
tigray wrote:
I think Black men will be fine. People still need drugs when Depression come. Maybe it'll be a boomtime!
I'm sure yo dumbass would be the first dumbass in line buying crack.

“My Shining Star”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 11, 2009
Black men have survived EVERYTHING else.. Why not?
tigray

Fairfax, VA

#5 Apr 11, 2009
BrownSuga wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure yo dumbass would be the first dumbass in line buying crack.
What are you talking about? My post got cutoff. I was saying food, water, clothes and drugs (as in medicine) where I'm from you go to Druggist when you are sick and have prescription.

I'm talking about the basic neccessities of life.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#6 Apr 12, 2009
This is where an education might have came in handy.
jimmax

Webster, NY

#7 Apr 12, 2009
Unlike the last few recessions our current economic mess is liable to hit white collar workers just as bad as it does blue collar workers.

“Big Sexy”

Since: Mar 09

Atlanta

#8 Apr 12, 2009
My black ass still got a job!

For the record it was white and STILL is white men committing suicide when the pressure is on!

The old saying a fall from the penthouse is a harder fall from then a fall from the 3rd floor

“Big Sexy”

Atlanta

#9 Apr 12, 2009
jimmax wrote:
Unlike the last few recessions our current economic mess is liable to hit white collar workers just as bad as it does blue collar workers.
Really then, white America still has more blue collared workers than any other ethnic group.

You are the ones's that have"Blue collared" comedy and all that
jimmax

Webster, NY

#10 Apr 12, 2009
Luke Cage wrote:
<quoted text>Really then, white America still has more blue collared workers than any other ethnic group.
I have no idea about what the current statistics are as far as one race being affected more than another, my point is except for the wealthiest, none of us are immune to taking a serious economic hit in the current crisis, it's effects will be far reaching, and there will be an overall decline in our standard of living as a whole, with the middle class shrinking.

“Big Sexy”

Atlanta

#11 Apr 12, 2009
jimmax wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea about what the current statistics are as far as one race being affected more than another, my point is except for the wealthiest, none of us are immune to taking a serious economic hit in the current crisis, it's effects will be far reaching, and there will be an overall decline in our standard of living as a whole, with the middle class shrinking.
Blame capitalism for it

“Big Sexy”

Atlanta

#13 Apr 12, 2009
aunt bee on crack wrote:
so long as their chickens tvs and cars to steal.cheeeeeeeet!
Well their wont be no more apples pies to be made, so I guess I see more of yall committ suicide

“Life is just a Moment, njoy it”

Since: Jan 07

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#14 Apr 12, 2009
Luke Cage wrote:
<quoted text>Blame capitalism for it
I second that emotion!!

Also you know most of the people posting here are FBI agents and government workers (spies).
I think that's the reason for all the silly topics.
They sure love to keep an eye on Black people; I guess to make sure we remain divided.

It pisses me off too, because they aren't even clever and we keep responding to their silly posts. Which only proves Black people still don't know each other.
eyeball ring

Baltimore, MD

#15 Apr 12, 2009
tigray wrote:
I think Black men will be fine. People still need when Depression come. Maybe it'll be a boomtime!
my thoughts exactly!

not to mention the fact that jail is still free to attend! and stolen objects are still free! most blacks wont be effected at all!

(i'm sorry to the black people who do not steal or commit crime. this is not directed at you)

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#16 Apr 12, 2009
As far as this post; I'd have to say NO, Young black men are catching it the worst, Before they know what hit them they are either shot dead on the street by a white elimination squad; But no one pays attention because it's always ruled 'DRUG or GANG RELATED. Is this ever proven?
Let a bunch of Blonde haired blue eyed young white
girls & boys start getting shot dead on the street
walking home from school and see if they just write it off as DRUG or Gang related.
If our rich brothers & sisters don't start to help us out soon; Yes I think Black men are going to have a very hard time surviving the next 20 years.
Also young Black men need to be protected from the
White Prosecuting Preditors who bring them up on trumped up charges that keep them in the CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM for life.
They use us to advance their careers because most of us do not have or can't afford any legal defense.
Oh YEAH, this is some serious shtt.

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#17 Apr 12, 2009
How many Blacks here are Season Ticket Holders for a Sporting Event like Baseball, football, or Basketball or Hockey?(Anyone)?

How many even attend the games with BOX Seat Tickets?
I see nothing but White Faces in the Box seats on TV.
I wonder why that is?
Proud Republican

Mobile, AL

#18 Apr 12, 2009
lol, no they wont survive, welfare will be cut and they will actually have to work for what they want...unless they go steal it, business as usual,.

“My Shining Star”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#20 Apr 12, 2009
lol

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#21 Apr 12, 2009
LOL, If it's one thing White People know about it's Stealing isn't it? LOL
The Lazy white people in th South can tell you all about being on welfare.
Oh that's right, They're not really considered white are they?

“Big Sexy”

Atlanta

#22 Apr 12, 2009
Princess Lovable S wrote:
lol
What's so funny?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northeastern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analysis of racial polling shows whites more aw... Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 4
News Analysis of racial polling shows whites more aw... Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Is It Fair to Raise Rape & Harassment Allegatio... Jan '16 Le Jimbo 102
News Surrounded: Why Saudi Arabia's Security Is At Risk (Mar '15) Mar '15 Islam Forbids 13
local app called Fade, check it (Mar '15) Mar '15 mumbledore 1
News Rate My Professors data shows students' gender ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Compound From Soil Bacteria May Help Fight Dang... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Thx 1
More from around the web