As flu spreads, many wonder a who's t...

As flu spreads, many wonder a who's to blame?a

There are 1 comment on the MSNBC story from May 3, 2009, titled As flu spreads, many wonder a who's to blame?a. In it, MSNBC reports that:

Man infects pigs with flu May 3: 200 Canadian pigs were reportedly infected with swine flu by a man working on a farm in Alberta.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

Jacksonville, FL

#1 May 3, 2009
Like any other Medical Diagnosis the patient's identity, their official diagnosis is protected under HIPPA.Let me ask this, if you were sick would you want the world to know so? I would guess you would not, that is the reason HIPPA is in effect to protect YOUR private health information.

Patients with Swine Flu are no different and should be afforded the same privacy, they got the sickness elsewhere, from someone else who got it elsewhere etc. Why would you have a need to know who these people are other than to somehow lay blame on them for something they had no control over.

unfortunately Flu of any kind does not pre announce it's arrival and by the time symptoms are present you have already been contagious for up to a week prior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northeastern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rights groups fight to keep protections for imm... Jan '18 Paul 5
News Glynn Lloyd, Richard Taylor, and Teri Williams:... Dec '17 Investor 1
News Editorial: Racism bleeds Boston of black talent Dec '17 Gunnery Sgt Hardin 4
News Bill, Chelsea Clinton bringing student conferen... Oct '17 red state blues 5
News Immigrants vital to Boston's history (Mar '17) Jun '17 Hilton Head 34
Do you like forming a travel group through soci... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Emma_Bien 1
News On a walk with Michael Dukakis as he picks up l... (Jul '16) Jul '16 bozo 1