Seabrook Board of Selectmen candidate profiles

Feb 27, 2012 Full story: SeacoastOnline 19

Education: Attended Seabrook schools, graduated from Winnacunnet High School, furthered education at Northeastern University and Babson College with a concentration in law enforcement, management and budget preparation.

Full Story
brook

Hampton, NH

#1 Feb 29, 2012
here she comes,keep eyes on absentee ballots.
oldman

Hampton, NH

#2 Feb 29, 2012
brook wrote:
here she comes,keep eyes on absentee ballots.
Grand daughter playing old nasty family game.
hummingbird

Exeter, NH

#3 Feb 29, 2012
After reading the 2011 town report I would like to see someone run that has some business experience.
It seems that this town employes people just to help their friends and family! Compare the staffing that Seabrook has compared to other towns with the same populations and Seabrook is just out of control. Look at the clerks and secretaries this town hires and the part time employees! Need some selectmen that has the B$%%^ to get the managers in the town to run the departments effeciently.
The Selectmen should run the town like a business and not a summer camp!!

Since: Feb 10

Exeter, NH

#4 Mar 1, 2012
Holy heck, bud. I serve on the Town's budget committee, which is supposed to be free of this stuff, and it's really not. I've had to vote against budgets, propose cutting people's pay, and question the payroll for some of the nicest people anywhere.

I can tell you from experience that it sucks. Try looking someone you know and like right in the eye on 22 in front of God and everyone and tell them that their office or department is underperforming or overpriced.

Take the Seabrook PD, for example. We have some great cops and some lousy cops on that department. Loyalty to the townsfolk means having to take on the police union. How do the newspapers sell that? How do the bad cops on the PD take that? Do they retaliate against people? It takes a pair of big ones to take on any entrenched interest group, and you don't win friends serving in office, I can tell you that.
bub

Exeter, NH

#5 Mar 1, 2012
Max Abramson wrote:
Holy heck, bud. I serve on the Town's budget committee, which is supposed to be free of this stuff, and it's really not. I've had to vote against budgets, propose cutting people's pay, and question the payroll for some of the nicest people anywhere.
I can tell you from experience that it sucks. Try looking someone you know and like right in the eye on 22 in front of God and everyone and tell them that their office or department is underperforming or overpriced.
Take the Seabrook PD, for example. We have some great cops and some lousy cops on that department. Loyalty to the townsfolk means having to take on the police union. How do the newspapers sell that? How do the bad cops on the PD take that? Do they retaliate against people? It takes a pair of big ones to take on any entrenched interest group, and you don't win friends serving in office, I can tell you that.
no it's just YOU who doesn't win friends anywhere. you should have kept your mouth shut.....have fun finding anyone who will listen to you now you clown. have fun in court the day before election. bring a toothbrush and soap on a rope..... maybe some vaseline if you swing that way....
then again seven years in Concord amd you will be a bottom for the hole prison, pretty boy.
brook

Hampton, NH

#6 Mar 2, 2012
in one her card i saw three words, EXPERIENCE,HONESTY AND DEDICATION,but i believe there is one word missing.that words should be, EXPERIENCE,HONESTY, DEDICATION AND BULLIES.........
hummingbird

Exeter, NH

#7 Mar 2, 2012
brook wrote:
in one her card i saw three words, EXPERIENCE,HONESTY AND DEDICATION,but i believe there is one word missing.that words should be, EXPERIENCE,HONESTY, DEDICATION AND BULLIES.........
I have a feeling it will be a lot of trouble with her in office but maybe she will get things done I am not sure who to vote for.
brook

Hampton, NH

#9 Mar 3, 2012
hummingbird wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling it will be a lot of trouble with her in office but maybe she will get things done I am not sure who to vote for.
from your statement,it seems to me all those selectman,don't do any their job just hanging in there,you are not right.don't want to see more trouble,bullies or bigmouth in this town,we had enough.pick ether Roby or eddy.
concerned

Manchester, NH

#10 Mar 4, 2012
Beckman is the only person on the ballot with any type of smarts. None of the other candidates even have any education past high school. Seriously!??
oldman

Hampton, NH

#11 Mar 4, 2012
concerned wrote:
Beckman is the only person on the ballot with any type of smarts. None of the other candidates even have any education past high school. Seriously!??
let me tell you one serious true if he elected,it will bring more trouble,cause he is another bigmouth.
beckman

Exeter, NH

#12 Mar 4, 2012
oldman wrote:
<quoted text>let me tell you one serious true if he elected,it will bring more trouble,cause he is another bigmouth.
I agree it is robie or ed. I am voting for robie. he won't power trip like ed does. don't believe me? go to bingo at the fire barn. strutting every which way talking down to people hollering to shut up. and the state has been watching him because he had been selling the pull tabs to himself......and unlike his article and fake accent he ain't a seabrooker. 40+years my ass.
better stop or you all will figure out who I am.....
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#13 Mar 5, 2012
I laugh when I hear people making a big deal about being "born and raised" here! It's the born and raised people who've messed things up so badly, who engage in backstabbing and settling old scores and family feuds. It's the "born and raised" people who short-changed our town when the power plant came in, who could have done a lot better with zoning and planning for the past 30 or 40 years but didn't, who could have righted the wrongs for all of this time but didn't, who could have cleaned up the town and its drug problems and all, but didn't, who could have made our schools better but didn't...
It doesn't matter if you were born and raised here in Seabrook. It only matters that you care deeply about our Town and our people, and want to make things better. It also matters if you have skills, enough common sense, or education, or all of it, to be able to do it well.
THAT'S what counts. It doesn't matter where you were born and raised. If you love it here and call Seabrook, "Home," that's what matters.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Mar 5, 2012
Absolutly 100% true!!!! Like I've said before this town is rampant with nepetisim. Seriously look at the town hall there seems to be a theme up there, and in few other depts as well. Guess when your grandfather is selectman you can have any job you want whether you're qualified or not. If there are no jobs open I guess then they start to make them up for you all. None of the towns dept managers can seem to run their depts properly, they allow their managers and foremans as well as employees to slack off and do nothing. This includes the SPD as well. I guess thats why they all think that they deserve this raise that I keep reading about. For all the hard work that in their minds they are doing. Ha Ha such a joke.
hummingbird wrote:
After reading the 2011 town report I would like to see someone run that has some business experience.
It seems that this town employes people just to help their friends and family! Compare the staffing that Seabrook has compared to other towns with the same populations and Seabrook is just out of control. Look at the clerks and secretaries this town hires and the part time employees! Need some selectmen that has the B$%%^ to get the managers in the town to run the departments effeciently.
The Selectmen should run the town like a business and not a summer camp!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#16 Mar 5, 2012
Yeah right are you kidding!!!! He is a poor choice for selectman. Well I guess if you want a town run by a bully. As a former police officer he would handcuff folks and beat them. These poor people had no chance to defend themselves or even report it because all cops stick together whether they are wrong or not. The only people that will benefit from his being elected would be the police.
concerned wrote:
sick girl

Hampton, NH

#19 Mar 6, 2012
looks like JB is at again. picking at paul and her aunt she should look in her own closet.
sick girl

Hampton, NH

#20 Mar 6, 2012
and the spelling really gives you away Miss Jess.; your record of pill poppers is one after the other. right
Home

Exeter, NH

#21 Mar 7, 2012
-Brooker wrote:
I laugh when I hear people making a big deal about being "born and raised" here! It's the born and raised people who've messed things up so badly, who engage in backstabbing and settling old scores and family feuds. It's the "born and raised" people who short-changed our town when the power plant came in, who could have done a lot better with zoning and planning for the past 30 or 40 years but didn't, who could have righted the wrongs for all of this time but didn't, who could have cleaned up the town and its drug problems and all, but didn't, who could have made our schools better but didn't...
It doesn't matter if you were born and raised here in Seabrook. It only matters that you care deeply about our Town and our people, and want to make things better. It also matters if you have skills, enough common sense, or education, or all of it, to be able to do it well.
THAT'S what counts. It doesn't matter where you were born and raised. If you love it here and call Seabrook, "Home," that's what matters.
Well said
newb

Exeter, NH

#23 Mar 7, 2012
I used to wake up every morning wondering what I could do to make this town a better place to grow up in, to start a business in, to retire in. I used to volunteer my butt off and help everyone I could in any way I could; yet I've never been personally attacked for volunteering until moving to this town. I've never been ridiculed or publicly criticized for the way I pick up litter or help out with rail trail work. Many other volunteers have told me the same thing.

That's Seabrook.
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#24 Mar 9, 2012
-Brooker wrote:
Also, what counts is that the person doesn't have any screws loose. Very Important to keep this in mind....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northeastern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RJ Reynolds' $23-billion punitive damage award ... Jul '14 Smokers Suck Blow 1
The Definitive Stoughton School Committee Debat... (Apr '13) Jun '14 Kundrot dionkie 11
With some help, Habitat houses in Fitchburg alm... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Bob billy 9
Jewish Students Say They Are Unsafe on Chicago ... (May '14) May '14 Yes but 2
A devastating mismatch: city vs. landlords (May '14) May '14 reality is a crutch 1
Israel's War on American Universities (Mar '14) Mar '14 Yumpin Yimminy 1
When our students succeed, I succeed (Feb '14) Feb '14 several responsi... 1
More from around the web