NC high school students' civil rights...

NC high school students' civil rights sit-in recalled

There are 1 comment on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Feb 8, 2009, titled NC high school students' civil rights sit-in recalled. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

HIGH POINT, N.C. While the site of a less publicized lunch-counter sit-in has long vanished, the memories are vivid for a North Carolina minister.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

nikki warner

Marshall, NC

#1 Mar 27, 2009
yes i am 16tn years old i am here to ask if dont you think that students of Mountain Heritage High School should have a right to wear peircings on there bodies and have nobody complain well our school has complained about it and i am here to ask if i can get almost this whole school to sign a patision to let use kids wear stuff on our face and stuff will you reconsider your choices of this stuff cus most of use kids will not listen and we are willing to get suspended for what rights we beleive in so please just listen k and try to think how we all feel about this if you or who ever gets this email me at nikkiwarner50@yahoo.com please and thank you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina A&T State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denied admission because he's black, civil righ... Oct '17 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Civil rights hero from 60s takes criticism as T... (Oct '16) Oct '16 FieryFellow44 30
News Charlotte, NC, mayor facing corruption charges (Mar '14) Apr '14 swedenforever 11
News Museums Retrace March on Washington 50 Years Later (Aug '13) Aug '13 JOYCE STROME 1
News NAACP head to speak to Scotland youth council (Jan '11) Oct '12 William Wallace 2
News Educators seek out more minorities to study abroad (Feb '11) Feb '11 The One 13
News Jeffus seeks to continue the "good work" (Oct '10) Oct '10 classy 1
More from around the web