Sound Off

There are 16 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 12, 2013, titled Sound Off. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The Sun New described all of the hats that Carruthers is wearing. It's beyond me how he can do justice to any one job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

APPLAUSEPLEASE

Santa Fe, NM

#1 May 14, 2013
Good old Maobama

Three huge scandals in a week - wow!

Let me see if the IRS deal does not bother you then
just wait - sooner or later they will get around to you - then cry wolf.

Benghazi - they left behind four, stood down and went to bed and they died - what won't they do for
you

Journalists - maybe now you will pull your head out of the sand and actually start reporting the
news instead of just serving as his propaganda
stooges.
George

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 16, 2013
APPLAUSEPLEASE wrote:
Good old Maobama
Benghazi - they left behind four, stood down and went to bed and they died - what won't they do for
you
Journalists - maybe now you will pull your head out of the sand and actually start reporting the
stooges.
They're coming to get you appplauseplease. Is it always dark and cloudy in your world?
invicta

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 May 16, 2013
APPLAUSEPLEASE wrote:
Good old Maobama
you
stooges.
WOW! You hit the nail right on the head! Too bad the Progressive foot soldiers can't figure it out. As soon as their Heroes get what they need the "foot soldiers" will be discarded pronto.
invicta

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 May 16, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text> They're coming to get you appplauseplease. Is it always dark and cloudy in your world?
"In this modern age our leaders would never turn on us" Someone said that in Germany just before the start of ww2.
Stay fat,happy,and ignorant of what is happening around you.
APPLAUSEPLEASE

Santa Fe, NM

#5 May 16, 2013
Now we find out that the clown in charge of the
Exceptions Office gets promoted to the
Maobamacare Office overseeing implementation.

This administration is the worst on record. Lies
piled on lies and when your own government turns
against you because of what you believe then no
one is safe.

Just ask the AP reporters, how about career State
Department folks who have been threatened with
their careers if they talk.

We all knew it - big government who is over reaching and creating a soft tyranny
APPLAUSEPLEASE

Santa Fe, NM

#6 May 18, 2013
Now we find out that the head clown in charge at the IRS Office not only got a raise, a huge
six figure bonus over 4 years and a promotion to
what office - the Affordable Care Act compliance
division who will be charge of implementation with
a army of 16,000 IRS agents at here command.

Of course, some of the groups targeted were asked
what the prayers at meetings consisted of.

Hard to believe that a bunch of GS-11's sat around and thought this whole thing up.

By the way what about the contempt shown by the former IRS Head - he needs to be jailed on contempt, go after the little ones at the bottom
and work your way up - bet it ends up in the White House somewhere - maybe even with Axelrod and the rest of the Chicago political sleaze patrol that
currently resides in the White House with the
Head liar in charge.
APPLAUSEPLEASE

Santa Fe, NM

#7 May 19, 2013
No we find out that a group fronted by Maobama
did not even have to wait for the Exemption Office
to pass their request thru by the infamous
Cleveland IRS Office.

Not even a 40 page document with questions about what kind of prayers they say at work, what they
think about anything - just passed thru the
channels without even a wink of the eye.

Maobama - one bad a-r-se mistake Amerika!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#8 May 19, 2013
APPLAUSEPLEASE wrote:
Good old Maobama
you
stooges.
Yes! Can you believe it? Yet another breaking scandal story during the first week of Obama-scandal-orama at Faux. Mere coincidence? Faux reports — you decide.

What next? If Faux keeps its maddening pace, it might stumble onto something for which President Obama is to blame with presence of forethought and evil intent. Be forewarned, in the unlikely event that something like that would occur, it would trigger multiple-megaton Faux-gasms. Yes, it could get ugly. And a seemingly endless array of flashing applause signs would be illuminated to encourage and coordinate Faux-verse audience celebration, while serving to warn the unsuspecting less gullible society in general.
APPLAUSEPLEASE

Placitas, NM

#9 May 21, 2013
Now the scandal widens.

Can you imagine having a CEO of a company that does not know anything about anything, gets no
information about anything.

It is amazing that the IRS scandal knew as early
as 24 April and this has been known about within
the IRS since 2011 or so.

Another amazing "I know nothing" from our Liar in
Chief.
Las Cruces retiree

Las Cruces, NM

#10 May 21, 2013
APPLAUSEPLEASE wrote:
Now the scandal widens.
Can you imagine having a CEO of a company that does not know anything about anything, gets no
information about anything.
It is amazing that the IRS scandal knew as early
as 24 April and this has been known about within
the IRS since 2011 or so.
Another amazing "I know nothing" from our Liar in
Chief.
Exactly! He had to know about everything.
Sickofliberals

Omaha, NE

#11 May 21, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Can you believe it? Yet another breaking scandal story during the first week of Obama-scandal-orama at Faux. Mere coincidence? Faux reports — you decide.
What next? If Faux keeps its maddening pace, it might stumble onto something for which President Obama is to blame with presence of forethought and evil intent. Be forewarned, in the unlikely event that something like that would occur, it would trigger multiple-megaton Faux-gasms. Yes, it could get ugly. And a seemingly endless array of flashing applause signs would be illuminated to encourage and coordinate Faux-verse audience celebration, while serving to warn the unsuspecting less gullible society in general.
I'm really sick and tired of the knuckleheads who are blinded by their infatuation with the lead pos in the White House. You have to be completely ignorant and anti America to think that all the scandals that are popping up seemingly every day are just tea baggers and conservatives whining because "our guy" lost the election. Maybe you should watch Fox News and get your heads put of your liberal rears!!!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#12 May 23, 2013
Sickofliberals wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really sick and tired of the knuckleheads who are blinded by their infatuation with the lead pos in the White House. You have to be completely ignorant and anti America to think that all the scandals that are popping up seemingly every day are just tea baggers and conservatives whining because "our guy" lost the election. Maybe you should watch Fox News and get your heads put of your liberal rears!!!
Why blame your feeling sick and tired on people with whose opinions you may disagree? Why resort to name-calling to express your disagreement with their opinion?

By the way, I do sometimes watch Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity to learn what they’re saying. I still miss the blackboard pedagogy by my personal favorite, Glenn Beck.

I hope you will start feeling better soon.
Outside Observer

Santa Fe, NM

#13 May 24, 2013
Kuda, the major scandals are coming out of the executive branch, under the direct authority of the obamamation. The state dept, the justice dept, Benghazi, the raping and pillaging of the military, the IRS boondoggle, the targeting of the media and so called Tea party, the drone attack, the Afghanistan debacle: ALL OBAMA

Cannot blame ANYONE ELSE . Either his is the most dysfunctional, incompetant President we have ever had, or is so full of corruption he is up to his neck in shit. Your Choice!!!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#14 May 24, 2013
Outside Observer wrote:
Kuda, the major scandals are coming out of the executive branch, under the direct authority of the obamamation. The state dept, the justice dept, Benghazi, the raping and pillaging of the military, the IRS boondoggle, the targeting of the media and so called Tea party, the drone attack, the Afghanistan debacle: ALL OBAMA
Cannot blame ANYONE ELSE . Either his is the most dysfunctional, incompetant President we have ever had, or is so full of corruption he is up to his neck in shit. Your Choice!!!
I don’t dispute that the number of “scandals” publicized since the kickoff of the Faux Obama-scandal-rama has been huge. The problem is that they are not scandals pointing to President Obama. As he has been made aware of problems within the various branches of government, he has desalt with them expressly, transparently and effectively. That’s his job and he’s doing it well. He has covered up nothing, nor engaged in any wrongdoing of any kind.

Sadly, you have fallen victim to the Obama-scandal-rama smear campaign. Your hyperbolic conclusion that he is the most terrible, worst President ever is based on faulty assessment of information.

It’s OK with me if you hate the President that much for whatever personal reasons you may harbor, but you seem to blame him for all your frustrations. Try to leave that sort of thing to the so-called tea party. I believe they hold the patent.
Outside Observer

Santa Fe, NM

#15 May 28, 2013
My point, Kuda, is that every one of those scandals come from the Executive branch. Correct me if he is not in charge of the executive branch???? I thought that the President should be accountable for SOMETHING? If not Congress, as he is not, and has done well to fault them; then what? Is he not the Commander-In_Chief? Does he not direct both the State Dept, and the Justice Dept? Is he not in control of the Irs? So, you are telling me he had absolutely NOTHING to do with ANY of the scandals!!!! So then he is incompetent! Has to be!! Otherwise , his cover-ups exceed WaterGate by bunches.

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#16 May 28, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you don't like FOX News. That's fine, of course. But, you and others who refer to them as "Faux" news should really pay attention. Sure, they have some windbags, but they cover a lot of stories that other news sources avoid. For example, that abortion doctor, the vet held in Mexico, the reporter who wouldn't reveal sources. Like them or not, they do report on news and not just fluff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost $4 million needed to finish Cavern Theater Sep '17 Frankenfool 11
News New county logo revealed at meeting Jun '17 Jimmy 10
News El Paso students boost admissions at NMSU (Apr '17) Apr '17 UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 9
News Warped Tour summer lineup announced (Mar '17) Mar '17 West Coast Alert 2
News Do policy makers care that people are dying on ... (Apr '16) Dec '16 richard 3
News Study: New Mexico has hundreds of vacant teache... (Dec '16) Dec '16 richard 1
News NMSU student promotes understanding with free Q... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Khan the liar 3
More from around the web