Garrey Carruthers named new NMSU president

May 7, 2013 Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

The New Mexico State University regents voted 3-2 to name Garrey Carruthers the school's new president Monday afternoon.

Full Story
M Archuleta

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 7, 2013
This man has made money of off New Mexicans and is nothing but a carpetbagger. How will this university get ahead when the leader is only interested in making money from tobacco and other vices. Could have done better but here we are again with Republicans taking care of Republicans, F&*%k the student.
Question

El Paso, TX

#2 May 7, 2013
It is alleged that Carruthers has raised millions of dollars for nmsu. I think that is someoneís pipe dream or just BS. I think that if he is such a great fund raiser he should be able to raise $100,000,000 from the private sector without any problem, and he could probably accomplish that inside if two years. This would elevate the athletic departmentís money issues and keep cost down for all students, and get the faculty an increase in salary. I just hope that carruthers can put a full day in at the office to make this happen.
Elsie YesSir

Las Cruces, NM

#3 May 8, 2013
Carruthers will be a great president. You can take that to the bank of good predictions.
Question

El Paso, TX

#4 May 9, 2013
Itís a bit premature to call carruthers great. He has not done anything yet. Although it has been witnessed that he quite good at avoiding answering questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tulsa police has shortage of Hispanic officers Dec 29 IRS hayes 5
Diversity issues at NMSU raised during regents ... Dec '14 Help 1
Alamogordo's Alameda Zoo Director Steve Diehl r... Dec '14 Martin 1
Former NMSU regent Laura Conniff named to space... Sep '14 OMG 1
Early College High School starts off in church;... Aug '14 Equalizer 2
New park part of NMSU's plan to raise profile Aug '14 driver 1
UTEP students & professors team with NMSU, EPA ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Rolling Papers 4
More from around the web