Annual water confab addresses scarcity

Nov 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Deming Headlight

Despite the return of monsoon rainfall this summer, New Mexico continues to be immersed in a prolonged drought, and the state's limited water resources will continue to be squeezed.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
max

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

THE RIO GRANDE RIVER IS DRYING UP DUE TO THE EXCESSIVE PUMPING IN THE SAN LUIS VALLEY.
max

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

New Mexico and Texas need to follow law suit on the water division of CO. The San Luis Valley has over 6000 irrigation wells pumping at high capacity for their farm circles. The aquifer is at a all time low sucking the water from the Rio Grande River. There are no more wetlands in the valley, the subwater is gone the meadows are like plowed fields. The only solution is for the state to shut all the wells down. We can't control mother nature but pumping can be controlled. The state of CO has warned the farmers that they need to replace the water back to the aquifer, they need to figure out how to replace it. The trouble is that the well owners are in bed with the judges and the state water engineer. So NM get off your rear and sue CO.
THE GREEN WATCH DOG

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

Judged:

Everyone needs to conserve, like in time past, entire civilizations will be forced to move or perish. A number of inventive ideas have been presented to conserve water at greatly reduced rates. It's beyond me why NM caters to the diary industry, a huge straw in our aquifers. Xeriscape this winter and early spring. If you are really serious about conservation, plug your outside faucets up, go to the hardware store THIS weekend and install low flow fill ups in your tiolets and low flow shower heads. Do it THIS week end.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••