Gates to the EU in Lutsk closed becau...

Gates to the EU in Lutsk closed because of corruption?

There are 4 comments on the The Day story from Aug 21, 2012, titled Gates to the EU in Lutsk closed because of corruption?. In it, The Day reports that:

Recently it became known that a criminal group at the Polish Consulate-General in Lutsk was illegally issuing Schengen visas for a certain fee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Day.

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 22, 2012
Much bureaucracy = Much corruption = Poverty.
Dr Lecter

Toronto, Canada

#2 Aug 23, 2012
neobyzantine wrote:
Much bureaucracy = Much corruption = Poverty.
Corruption exists everywhere and can only be eliminated by constant audit, checks and balances, and rule of law.

The cultures of corruption and the kleptocracies in the post-Soviet space are especially difficult to change, because of the decades of criminal behavior enabled by Bolshevik Russia's puppet states.
Warrior Poet UGX

Oakridge, OR

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Right on. However, over the last ten years I have seen gret strides in both immigration and customs at Odessa Airport. Ukraine is moving forward and will do even better as the old guard, inherited from the Soviet Era, dies off or retires.
Warrior Poet UGX

Oakridge, OR

#4 Aug 23, 2012
ooops- sorry for the double post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

National University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DAP & PKR WIll Loose in Malaysian Election 2011 (Nov '11) Jan '16 London boys 190
News Patent Awarded for Drug Developed to Fight Bald... (Aug '15) Sep '15 justinparson12 2
News Prince Charles shakes hands with Irish Republic... (May '15) Sep '15 Lawrence James co... 5
News China, Cuba to further advance ties (Jul '14) Apr '15 P A T R I O T 26
News New centre to challenge Islamic State support (Mar '15) Mar '15 Joe W 1
News Donetsk's rebel leader vows 'there will be no m... (Jan '15) Jan '15 NAZTY Ukraine 10
News Ukraine's rebel university goes Russian (Dec '14) Dec '14 Zeppelin 14
More from around the web