MSU's PA program raising money for lo...

MSU's PA program raising money for local charities

There are 15 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from May 3, 2011, titled MSU's PA program raising money for local charities. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

May 03--BECKLEY -- Each year, the Mountain State University Physician Assistant program embarks on a community service project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

MSU PA program

Beckley, WV

#1 May 6, 2011
This program has MANY problems. Stay tuned...we will be reporting what the faculty thinks of Debra Cambell and how the statistics of the pass rates have been manipulated.

Beware of any program at MSU.
PA-C

Fairfield, VA

#2 May 7, 2011
I was well prepared for my board exams. I passed on the first try. I've talked my share of shit about MSU. There are definitely problems but they go way higher up than Debra Campbell. She has managed to maintain accreditation for this program when all the other programs were falling apart. MSU is the only accredited PA program in the state - Alderson Broaddus lost their accreditation last year. Debra is tough but only because she has to be.
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#3 May 7, 2011
PA-C wrote:
I was well prepared for my board exams. I passed on the first try. I've talked my share of shit about MSU. There are definitely problems but they go way higher up than Debra Campbell. She has managed to maintain accreditation for this program when all the other programs were falling apart. MSU is the only accredited PA program in the state - Alderson Broaddus lost their accreditation last year. Debra is tough but only because she has to be.
My husband is going to try to get into the PA program next fall he graduates rad tech in the spring which he has straight A's in. Everyone has told him not to work while in the PA program and rad tech program, but man we struggle on my income alone. Your opinion? Is even a 2 day a week part time job going to be too much?
PA-C

Fairfield, VA

#4 May 7, 2011
It's best not to work but it's not unheard of. I went to school with a rad tech who worked while in school and he did well. You just have to very good at time management.
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#5 May 7, 2011
PA-C wrote:
It's best not to work but it's not unheard of. I went to school with a rad tech who worked while in school and he did well. You just have to very good at time management.
I'm just kind of scared, he will finish rad tech in a yr which doesn't seem too bad but then he is planning PA school as soon as he graduates, so that's 3-3 1/2 yrs longer that I have to support a family of 3 with gas prices and everything else I feel we are sinking fast!! I guess I was hoping that you would say it can be done while in the PA program lol!!!
PA-C

Fairfield, VA

#6 May 7, 2011
riverhippy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just kind of scared, he will finish rad tech in a yr which doesn't seem too bad but then he is planning PA school as soon as he graduates, so that's 3-3 1/2 yrs longer that I have to support a family of 3 with gas prices and everything else I feel we are sinking fast!! I guess I was hoping that you would say it can be done while in the PA program lol!!!
The reason its so hard to work is because the schedule changes so frequently. It's very hard to arrange a work schedule around a moving target.
Bewareofmsu

Beckley, WV

#7 May 7, 2011
Read the postings. Enroll at this substandard school at your own risk.
Jessica

Columbia, SC

#10 Jul 15, 2012
As a former MSU-PA student whom had numerous encounters with Debra Cambell I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, she is the MOST EVIl person that I have ever met. Not only is she heartless and cruel she thrives off manipulating and damaging the lives of others. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND DEBRA CAMBELL!!!!!!!
Reader

Oceana, WV

#11 Jul 15, 2012
According to the Beckley newspaper, MSU has lost all accredidation.
U livin under a rock

Beckley, WV

#12 Jul 15, 2012
Have you not read a Charleston paper for years. Wake the hellll up.

This has been in the news for a LONG time. Damnnnnnn
Reader wrote:
MSU is Junk

Beckley, WV

#13 Jul 15, 2012
Reader wrote:
Really? WOW! Thanks for the update. LMAO!!
Reader

Nellis, WV

#14 Jul 16, 2012
MSU is Junk wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? WOW! Thanks for the update. LMAO!!
I do read and know that the nursing program lost its accredidation last year and the school has been on probation for quite some time, but they were still accredited until the last few weeks. I know people who graduated from there within the last couple semesters without problems, but now it seems that anyone enrolled there must transfer out or their degree will be worthless. I agree there has been problems for a long time, but it has gotten worse. Never really liked the place either. They take good degree programs and put out so many graduates that no one can get a job that pays decent if you can find one at all. Plus way too much money.
Reader

Nellis, WV

#15 Jul 16, 2012
It is not just the nursing program. It's all programs. Trying to point out to the person trying to enter their PA program that there won't be one. That's all.
Dverm

Charles Town, WV

#16 Jul 16, 2012
PA PROGRAM commenter: Since the school will NOT be accredited, getting loans and financial aid will not be possible. If you plan on staying at MSU, you will have to fund it yourself.
Debra you re hated

Beckley, WV

#17 Jul 16, 2012
It is her time. There is not enough Botox in the world to make her ugly face look better. She is disgusting.
Jessica wrote:
As a former MSU-PA student whom had numerous encounters with Debra Cambell I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, she is the MOST EVIl person that I have ever met. Not only is she heartless and cruel she thrives off manipulating and damaging the lives of others. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND DEBRA CAMBELL!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business or Betrayal Part 3: What Will WVU Tech... Feb '16 Junkie Detector 1
News Wvu Bog to discuss futures of Montgomery, Beckl... (Aug '15) Oct '15 Alien 73
News A light in the window (Oct '09) Aug '15 What about it 61
News Montgomery residents pack meeting to support WV... (Mar '15) Apr '15 wvu 2
News WVU could purchase MSU campus in Beckley (Nov '14) Nov '14 oversight 10
News MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on (Sep '12) Oct '14 Aida 595
News Settlement reached over Mountain State Universi... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Aida 14
More from around the web