MSU administrator on student lawsuits...

MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on

There are 595 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Sep 15, 2012, titled MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Roslyn Artis, executive vice president at Mountain State University, told a group of nursing anesthesia students she isn't afraid of their lawsuits and that they should "bring it." CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Top Mountain State University officials intimidated and threatened students after learning they were going to sue the university, according to audio ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Box Parties

Beckley, WV

#648 Jun 15, 2013
Bi___ch it is hard for you that you cannot box people anyone.
Aida wrote:
Yes, when drinking, I ramble, mumble and continue to make a fool of myself. A fool of my family name, a fool of my (once) proud occupation. I have slandered not only others, I have slandered my self.
I need a drink.
Aida

Mount Hope, WV

#649 Jun 15, 2013
Another lonely weekend, and the urge to slander and spew my hate is working on me. No wonder I am so lonely and bitter. With my attitude and my disposition I will never be able to find companionship, let along hold on to it. Besides, I just cannot let go of the past. And now the drinking. No man would want to put up with what I have become.

I need another drink.
Higher Learning LOL

Beckley, WV

#650 Jun 15, 2013
looks like accreditation boxed the MSU administration!
Aida wrote:
Another lonely weekend, and the urge to slander and spew my hate is working on me. No wonder I am so lonely and bitter. With my attitude and my disposition I will never be able to find companionship, let along hold on to it. Besides, I just cannot let go of the past. And now the drinking. No man would want to put up with what I have become.
I need another drink.
Aida

Mount Hope, WV

#651 Jun 15, 2013
I know I had a hand in the school losing accreditation, I think that is why I slander so many others, to hide my own guilt, shame and self loathing. Its also why I spend so much time alone, I am so filled with rage and jealousy I cannot have a relationship. My anger drives people away. Even family. My living in the past is ruining any chance I have of love. Of hope, of happiness. Only happiness I can find is in a bottle.
MSU is closed thankgoodne

Beckley, WV

#652 Jun 15, 2013
They should have done this a long time ago.
Higher Learning LOL wrote:
looks like accreditation boxed the MSU administration!
<quoted text>
Funny

Beckley, WV

#654 Jun 16, 2013
How true.
MSU is closed thankgoodne wrote:
They should have done this a long time ago.
<quoted text>
Aida

Mount Hope, WV

#655 Jun 16, 2013
You want to hear something else funny, I just woke up from a drunken stupor and dreamed I actually was not alone. I dreamed I had a life, was not bitter, angry, hated myself. Then I realized it was just a dream, I had awoke to my same old lonely life.

Reality sucks.

I need another drink.
Law suits

Beckley, WV

#656 Jun 18, 2013
When are some more of the law suits coming up?
Another one bites theDust

Minneapolis, MN

#657 Jul 21, 2013
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/articl...
Accreditation on the line: A 'thriving institution' similar to DSU didn't think it would lose its HLC backing; It thought wrong:While the leadership and the rest of the campus at Dickinson State University is waiting for a resolution on the school’s accreditation status, a campus nearly 1,500 miles away sits mostly empty after going through a similar process.

Formerly a vibrant campus with about 2,000 students and largely the centerpiece of Beckley, a city of about 17,000 in southern West Virginia, Mountain State University closed its doors for good in January after being stripped of its accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, a wing of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools that oversees institutions in 19 states.

“Mountain State University was a thriving institution,” said Carl “Butch” Antolini, editor of The Register-Herald newspaper in Beckley.“There are a lot of very qualified and capable people who were degreed there in all types of different fields.(MSU) went from being fully accredited two years prior to everything blowing up to actually closing down. It was shocking.”
More in link.
FrEeBiRd

Charleston, WV

#658 Jul 21, 2013
I have no idea who this cvnt is. Looks and sounds like a typical mud duck Maimie to me. Sounds like she needs RE EDUCATED or whipped.
Sally26

Minneapolis, MN

#659 Aug 9, 2013
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/b950dc9...
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia — A federal lawsuit filed by more than a dozen Mountain State University nursing students is headed back to state court after the students dropped their racketeering allegations against university leaders.

The State Journal reports ( http://bit.ly/179Y0qA ) the case was sent to Jefferson County Circuit Court earlier this month after the students amended their lawsuit.

The students sued after the school closed its doors because it lost accreditation. They claim school officials orchestrated a scheme to increase enrollment so the school could bring in more federal student loan and grant month.

The claim will join others that were ordered into a mass litigation panel. The cases are scheduled for mediation later this month.

The University of Charleston took over Mountain State's campuses in Beckley and Martinsburg so students could complete their degrees.
Aida

Beckley, WV

#660 Aug 9, 2013
I just hope I escape jail time for my crimes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#661 Aug 26, 2013
understand

Ashburn, VA

#662 Aug 26, 2013
Aida wrote:
<quoted text>
The one to feel sorry for is me. See what a racist I am? Pathetic, self loathing Aida. She will have a job, and I won't. I am so pathetic.
Why do I always see weird posts about "Aida"? What or who the Hell is Aida???
God save us all

Beckley, WV

#665 Sep 3, 2013
I am sure there is a very sick former MSU administrator who is so embarrassed with her behavior that deflection is the only defense.

Unfortunately I believe these horrific people are off to ruin other boards of directors, schools, and universities. God save us all.

Shameful.
understand wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I always see weird posts about "Aida"? What or who the Hell is Aida???
Aida

Beckley, WV

#666 Sep 4, 2013
I wish I had been able to work my way into administration, always was jealous of those who could, yet my lack of skills and ability to work with others held me back, that and a drinking problem. I worry about how I have ruined so many lives, so many students, my own life.

I see them moving on, building careers while I simmer in my guilt and hate.

Shameful, shameful indeed.
Aida Impersonator isNUTS

Beckley, WV

#667 Sep 4, 2013
LOL what a lowlife. Thank GOD MSU is closed forever.
Aida wrote:
I wish I had been able to work my way into administration, always was jealous of those who could, yet my lack of skills and ability to work with others held me back, that and a drinking problem. I worry about how I have ruined so many lives, so many students, my own life.
I see them moving on, building careers while I simmer in my guilt and hate.
Shameful, shameful indeed.
Aida

Beckley, WV

#668 Sep 4, 2013
Aida Impersonator isNUTS wrote:
LOL what a lowlife. Thank GOD MSU is closed forever.
<quoted text>
I can agree on one thing, I do feel like a lowlife, but I am no impersonator, just a guilt ridden soul who is having a horrible time getting on with my pathetic life. Why can I not move on like the rest, why is the guilt, the self loathing still eating at me after all this time? Maybe if I could stop the drinking, the desperation, the guilt and depression would ease. I need help.
consider this

Saint Paul, MN

#669 Jan 13, 2014
Any updates on the Mountain State University lawsuits?
William White WV BOE

Beckley, WV

#670 Jan 13, 2014
I wonder if Roslyn's buddy Dr. William White is still in Bluefield?

It would be great if Ros hired him at Florida Memorial before they hire the permanent president.

Of course the WV Board of Education would really really miss him! His level of tact, sophistication, and academic rigor will be ever so memorable.

Or better yet it might be good for him to apply for the permanent president job at Florida Memorial.

consider this wrote:
Any updates on the Mountain State University lawsuits?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business or Betrayal Part 3: What Will WVU Tech... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Junkie Detector 1
News Wvu Bog to discuss futures of Montgomery, Beckl... (Aug '15) Oct '15 Alien 73
News A light in the window (Oct '09) Aug '15 What about it 61
News Montgomery residents pack meeting to support WV... (Mar '15) Apr '15 wvu 2
News WVU could purchase MSU campus in Beckley (Nov '14) Nov '14 oversight 10
News Settlement reached over Mountain State Universi... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Aida 14
News Victorian home in Beckley gets new life as bistro (Aug '14) Aug '14 redline 1
More from around the web