500 graduate at MSU commencement

500 graduate at MSU commencement

There are 22 comments on the Big News Network.com story from May 15, 2011, titled 500 graduate at MSU commencement. In it, Big News Network.com reports that:

An estimated 500 graduates were among the 2,000 people at Mountain State University's 76th commencement in Beckley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Big News Network.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RunsWithCrashCar t

Clarksburg, WV

#22 May 22, 2011
Dido wrote:
I should also mention that I am continuing to further my education. Now the floor is yours
Dido,

Apparently we are on the same side (MSU Grad myself) but are off on the wrong foot. I believe we were both disgusted with ignorant comments made by the same person. So instead of having a pissing contest on our backgrounds and work history let us try to both agree that it is not the school it is the person applying the knowledge. Although i did not appreciate being called idiotic, i suspect you took offense to my comment, so i will respectfully retract any ill gotten words you felt were directed at you. I will not however appoligize for my words and my passion related to said previously mentioned poster.
I am sure you feel the same way when I say, I am tired of being lumped into a catagory due to my alma mater. I actually stumbled onto this thread because I am always interested in the graduation of a new MSU class. I believe we both lost our way on this subject. So let us start over and praise the people who graduated from MSU, they had a rough road to endure this last year.
Congrats on returning to school and best of luck with that. I can appreciate higher learning and what someone who feels passionatly about nursing can due with that.

Now I guess the floor is yours
MSU Alamna

Mount Hope, WV

#23 May 23, 2011
I happen to be very proud of the fact that I am a MSU graduate. I proudly wear my class ring and would have proudly displayed my MSU license plate had they had enough interest for the state of WV to approve it.
A friend, MSU grad and employee recently discussed the whole nursing accreditation issue with me. FACT IS MSU NEVER LOST THEIR NURSING PROGRAM ACCREDITATION NOR WERE THEY EVER IN DANGER OF LOSING IT!!
There are just people in this town who are miserable and don't have any other way to make themselves feel better than to bad mouth other people and place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business or Betrayal Part 3: What Will WVU Tech... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Junkie Detector 1
News Wvu Bog to discuss futures of Montgomery, Beckl... (Aug '15) Oct '15 Alien 73
News A light in the window (Oct '09) Aug '15 What about it 61
News Montgomery residents pack meeting to support WV... (Mar '15) Apr '15 wvu 2
News WVU could purchase MSU campus in Beckley (Nov '14) Nov '14 oversight 10
News MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on (Sep '12) Oct '14 Aida 595
News Settlement reached over Mountain State Universi... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Aida 14
More from around the web