Mountain State hoops player shot outs...

Mountain State hoops player shot outside dorm

There are 7 comments on the Freerepublic.com story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Mountain State hoops player shot outside dorm. In it, Freerepublic.com reports that:

A Mountain State University basketball player has been shot multiple times outside the school's athletics dorm following an altercation with another man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Freerepublic.com.

unsurprised

Tarboro, NC

#1 Dec 4, 2009
These same dorm residents have been targeted in the past, not by gun-weilding mad-men, yet by fathers, brothers, husbands.... Does the punishment fit the crime.... ofourse not, however this cummunity does need to rise and challenge Coach Bob Bolen to become accountable towards the parental/disciplinary role ALL COACHES are expected to fill. These are all young impressionable individuals often not held to the same expectations in this academic community as most. This cannot continue simply because they contribute so greatly towards the national exposure of Mountain State University. BECKLEY NOW all together "The pain is not worth the gain Dr. Polk and CO. Many more notable idividuals have erected statues of themselves only to build greater institutions around them. Where do all these gross acts of entitlement begin? All good men lead by example." Perhaps the great state of Florida would greatly benefit from LORD Polk's demonstrations of hideously didstorted opinions of himself. No Florida gratiously accepted his departure decades ago, WHY? As I am certain the city of Beckley will soon learn. Perhaps a life as a recluse is exactly what the good Dr. Polk should finally contribute to yet another victimized community.
concerned

Tarboro, NC

#2 Dec 4, 2009
This incident was only a matter of time in the happening. Anyone having the gumption as to acquire an estimate from the Beckley P.D. of the estimated complaints of the harrassing gestures and behavior aimed towards Corner Store patrons from the address of record would only be made aware of which this plagued area residents have known since the inception of this problematic sess-pool of Mountain State University athletic entitlement. Until this cummunity chooses to stand as a whole and make it known the small contributions they DO appreciate from MSU'S presence, as well as the consequences they dislike these "Incidents of Violence" will continue.
allegedly informed

Tarboro, NC

#3 Dec 4, 2009
I welcome all to a few excerpts from Dr. Charles Polk ('s) most recent fluff piece per the Register-Herald Beckley WV.

“It’s like an airplane,” he explained.“I can still circle the airport and I can create and think, but I haven’t decided yet to land.”

Polk says higher education is a business.

“If you allow yourself to get old in this business, you become immediately out of touch with the people buying your product.

Then I thought maybe I didn’t want public life anymore and wanted to be a recluse.”

Polk picked a remote area in Jackson, Wyo., to look at a convenience store that was for sale.

“I took my family there and seriously considered going into the convenience store business,” he said.

The private, NONPROFIT institution began as a junior college and opened with 97 students and classrooms rented from a local church

With some new leadership and a board that gave me the latitude to do what I thought best, the institution began to grow each year,” he said.

In addition to its main campus in Beckley, MSU has four branch campuses in Martinsburg, WV, Center Township, Pa., Orlando, Fla., and its newest location at the Hickory (N.C.) Metro Higher Education Center.

First things first Dr. Polk would you have allowed such an atrosity of piracy to occur across the street from your convenience store, not that your professionally recruited hecklers needed eye-patches to instill such fear in so many young Beckley girls so as they only felt safe enough to return to their closely parked vehicles only after the Beckley City Police was forced to dispatch yet another unit to the Corner Shop, unfortunately now found across the street from the MSU Athletic Dorm. A complaint I assure you Dr. Polk the Patel family has now proven tired of voicing, you see Dr. Polk that good family has since sold their convenience store. Another unfortunate victim of the Polk Dynasty???

“Maybe in about five years,” he said.
mable12

Tarboro, NC

#4 Dec 5, 2009
Is it true he has his own private jet. That the school pays for?
mable12

Tarboro, NC

#5 Dec 5, 2009
One of the girls at my card club says President Polk really did buy a statue of himself and it is in the Robert C. Byrd Library. So he can buy himself an airplane but taxpayers have to buy his students books. Did the longest congessional service member get a statue too? How long has this statue been here, and did he pay for it out of his own pocket unsurprised. We all at The Place would like to know by tomorrow afternoon please.
Journey

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 5, 2009
mable12 wrote:
Is it true he has his own private jet. That the school pays for?
The statue has been there for several years. I don't know exactly how long though. I know it was there in the early 2000's.
DDD

Beckley, WV

#7 Dec 5, 2009
When I came to campus for the first time the lady giving me the tour showed me the statue and of course I was thinking that the guy has been dead for awhile and they put the statue there in his honor...then she tells me that he is the current MSU president and kind of chuckled. I was thinking that someone thinks highly of himself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business or Betrayal Part 3: What Will WVU Tech... Feb '16 Junkie Detector 1
News Wvu Bog to discuss futures of Montgomery, Beckl... (Aug '15) Oct '15 Alien 73
News A light in the window (Oct '09) Aug '15 What about it 61
News Montgomery residents pack meeting to support WV... (Mar '15) Apr '15 wvu 2
News WVU could purchase MSU campus in Beckley (Nov '14) Nov '14 oversight 10
News MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on (Sep '12) Oct '14 Aida 595
News Settlement reached over Mountain State Universi... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Aida 14
More from around the web