Dental health a concern in African-Am...

Dental health a concern in African-American community

There are 5 comments on the www.southtownstar.com story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Dental health a concern in African-American community. In it, www.southtownstar.com reports that:

African-American children are 40 percent less likely to have preventive dental sealants than their white classmates. Among adults aged 35 to 44 years, 40 percent of African-Americans have tooth decay as compared to 23 percent of whites, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.southtownstar.com.

I C Black People

East Aurora, NY

#1 Aug 30, 2008
Smoking crack is very bad for teeth.
Too Many Crooked Dentists

United States

#5 Aug 30, 2008
FIFTY PERCENT of dentists are either scam artists and/or incompetent.
During the past 10 years I've caught 2 of these scumbags who altered my records to conceal sloppy work. The first one got away but I nailed the second SOB, who was sanctioned by the state board. Unfortunately he was only reprimanded and fined. Altering patient records should be mandatory license revocation for 1 year. NO WONDER so many "medical professionals" alter records.
After dealing with far too many of these SOBs in FLorida I traveled to Chicago for $3,700 of dental work by a dentist I knew to be "grade A".
Unfortunately that rating was based on my experiences with him 20 years ago and he ended up refunding $1,500 for two gold crowns that had cosmetic flaws. Of course he never mentioned the defects. He should have offered a discount and disclosed the defects but like 99.9 percent of dentists he
was another greedy mofo.
Too Many Crooked Dentists

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2008
Partypooper wrote:
So it's the dentist' fault. Nevermind going to a hospital and using the dentist there to avoid those "scam" dentist..Ah....the blame game, so typical of the groids.
I'm a retired (white) IRS field agent who is quite adept at identifying and cornering scam artists, including members of the amoral medical community who prey on the masses.

Never been inside a hospital for treatment, don't wear glasses, and with the exception of dentists could count the number of docs I've seen in my lifetime on one hand.

“Ase Ase Ase”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, TX

#11 Aug 31, 2008
Too Many Crooked Dentists wrote:
FIFTY PERCENT of dentists are either scam artists and/or incompetent.
During the past 10 years I've caught 2 of these scumbags who altered my records to conceal sloppy work. The first one got away but I nailed the second SOB, who was sanctioned by the state board. Unfortunately he was only reprimanded and fined. Altering patient records should be mandatory license revocation for 1 year. NO WONDER so many "medical professionals" alter records.
After dealing with far too many of these SOBs in FLorida I traveled to Chicago for $3,700 of dental work by a dentist I knew to be "grade A".
Unfortunately that rating was based on my experiences with him 20 years ago and he ended up refunding $1,500 for two gold crowns that had cosmetic flaws. Of course he never mentioned the defects. He should have offered a discount and disclosed the defects but like 99.9 percent of dentists he
was another greedy mofo.
I went to Mexico last year for my dental work. I was scared at first, but many are very qualified.

I am going back soon as soon.

Since: Aug 08

Miami

#12 Aug 31, 2008
I C Black People wrote:
Smoking crack is very bad for teeth.
Crack and Crackers go hand in hand. My foot in your ass may not be good for your teeth as well. Can we get alone or do we have to get it on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehouse College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our First Black President (Sep '11) Sep '16 Sick of Obama 8
News Democracy Now: Remembering Civil Rights Freedom... (Aug '15) Mar '16 Big Knob 3
News Students invited to expo on historically black ... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Tami 3
News Clinton feeling 'the Bern' in SC stronghold (Feb '16) Feb '16 Vote For Bernie S... 23
News Sanders woos millennials, minorities in Atlanta (Feb '16) Feb '16 anon 4
News UGA takes lead on celebrations of Black History... (Feb '16) Feb '16 LoL 2
News Birmingham minister, arrested at Chicago protes... (Dec '15) Dec '15 dont like 1
More from around the web