Day of freedom for slaves celebrated

Day of freedom for slaves celebrated

There are 10 comments on the www.ajc.com story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Day of freedom for slaves celebrated. In it, www.ajc.com reports that:

This may be the promised moment, but the Promised Land is still across the Jordan River, an impassioned Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ajc.com.

Restless Legs

Duluth, GA

#1 Jan 2, 2009
modern day slavery, what color are the majority of pimps?
American slavery

Ashburn, VA

#2 Jan 2, 2009
The last slavery in America was in the 1940s during WW II. 300,000 German and Italian POWs were held in military camps throughout America. They were forced to work on farms and in factories to aid in the war effort. They were even required to make their own clothing. All the POW slave laborers were released after the war. It's interesting that Nazi sympathizers in Latin America were rounded up and put in prison camps too. Their only violation was they might be a threat to Allied interests.

“Obongohead Loves You!”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Now that a negro has been elected President may we be allowed to stop feeling guilty for having ancestors who didn't want to pick their own damned cotton?
Restless Legs

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Jan 3, 2009
American slavery wrote:
The last slavery in America was in the 1940s during WW II. 300,000 German and Italian POWs were held in military camps throughout America. They were forced to work on farms and in factories to aid in the war effort. They were even required to make their own clothing. All the POW slave laborers were released after the war. It's interesting that Nazi sympathizers in Latin America were rounded up and put in prison camps too. Their only violation was they might be a threat to Allied interests.
The OMGOING slavery in America occurs daily with Pimps also with rich families fromthe indian sub continent who use slaves, there is the sex slave industyr run by the Russian Mafia, and and and and SLAVERY IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE GOOD OL USA TODAY

Since: Jul 08

Racists Get Ignored!

#5 Jan 3, 2009
lol, you white people are organic waste.

Too bad, this could have been a intellectually simulating thread, but I could see where it's going.:(
Restless Legs

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Jan 3, 2009
LazlowX wrote:
lol, you white people are organic waste.
Too bad, this could have been a intellectually simulating thread, but I could see where it's going.:(
and who took it down to the gutter, well that would be YOU!!!!
Restless Legs

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Jan 3, 2009
http://hk.youtube.com/watch...

lazlowX posts this on his page, please listen to it, the words used adequately describe what kind of person he is if he likes this kind of entertainment,..... good luck
Uncle Sam

AOL

#8 Jan 3, 2009
Slaves were not the only ones to be affected by slavery. Tens of thousands gave the supreme sacrifice by fighting to make men free. Many of my ancestors on both sides that fought and died for the Union and I have yet to ask for reparations for Slavery. We made our apology in blood and guts to set things right. The freedom earned by most of these so-called modern day African American victims has been squandered on focusing on their victimhood only. I still fail to realize what "I" owe them or anyone for that matter.
All I can say is that I am thankful for Lincoln and his drive to end slavery, as it was the human thing to do. Freedom for Blacks exisits now with many opportunties, what Black Americans need to do is simply develop an over all better work ethic and move their children away from the current Rap/Gang-Banger culture they embrass today. Stop pointing the finger at whitey for all your problems and take a good look in the mirror!
Uncle Sam

AOL

#9 Jan 3, 2009
ooops, that would be "embrace".
Restless Legs

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Jan 3, 2009
an example of how blacks act when in power and lets make it local would be Clayton County, ........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehouse College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our First Black President (Sep '11) Sep '16 Sick of Obama 8
News Democracy Now: Remembering Civil Rights Freedom... (Aug '15) Mar '16 Big Knob 3
News Students invited to expo on historically black ... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Tami 3
News Clinton feeling 'the Bern' in SC stronghold (Feb '16) Feb '16 Vote For Bernie S... 23
News Sanders woos millennials, minorities in Atlanta (Feb '16) Feb '16 anon 4
News UGA takes lead on celebrations of Black History... (Feb '16) Feb '16 LoL 2
News Birmingham minister, arrested at Chicago protes... (Dec '15) Dec '15 dont like 1
More from around the web