MLK class to be taught at Morehouse College

Jun 27, 2009 Full story: WAGT 92

A leading scholar of the Reverend Martin Luther King Junior will teach a class on the civil rights icon this fall at Morehouse College, using the collection of documents, books and other items housed at the school.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“I know im HOTT but seriously”

Since: Jun 09

Sacramento, CA

#1 Jun 27, 2009
That's so wonderful. Now if we could only get a class at Notre Dame
Trufax

Manhattan, IL

#2 Jun 27, 2009
I sincerely hope that they will teach students about all the original authors that MLK plagiarized. For example, his famous "I Have a Dream" speech was lifted from a White person, as well as his doctoral thesis.

Doubt my claims?

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/11/us/boston-u...

You can go to Boston University and in the library you can look at all of his writings collected with all the original works they found that he had plagiarized.

Fidelity? No, he frequently cheated on his wife and he LOVED White women. You might say he didn't really have a taste for "chocolate." Reminds me of Michael Jackson. He also advocated for reparations and racial set-asides for blacks. He wasn't about equal rights at all.

Were we to judge him by "the content of his character" we would find him wanting. But blacks & liberals have a way of glossing over truth to embrace some fictional ideal. Pathetic!

Sacramento, CA

#3 Jun 27, 2009
Trufax wrote:
I sincerely hope that they will teach students about all the original authors that MLK plagiarized. For example, his famous "I Have a Dream" speech was lifted from a White person, as well as his doctoral thesis.
Doubt my claims?
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/11/us/boston-u...
You can go to Boston University and in the library you can look at all of his writings collected with all the original works they found that he had plagiarized.
Fidelity? No, he frequently cheated on his wife and he LOVED White women. You might say he didn't really have a taste for "chocolate." Reminds me of Michael Jackson. He also advocated for reparations and racial set-asides for blacks. He wasn't about equal rights at all.
Were we to judge him by "the content of his character" we would find him wanting. But blacks & liberals have a way of glossing over truth to embrace some fictional ideal. Pathetic!
Wow.
It seems to me you have an over active imagination

*and really now white women?(shakes her head)
Trufax

Manhattan, IL

#4 Jun 27, 2009
HotBlackChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
It seems to me you have an over active imagination
*and really now white women?(shakes her head)
Seems to me you have selective perception of reality. Typical! You probably also think OJ didn't kill his wife or Ron Goldman. You probably think Kobe Bryant never raped that poor white woman even though her blood was all over his shirt. You probably think MJ wasn't a child rapist and that R. Kelly isn't a pedophile. Typical!
Race riots

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2009
Nonviolent social change was the lie of the century.
Civil rights workers deliberately caused violence and killings in the streets, burning of neighborhoods, and widespread mayhem.
The worst violence was in the northern cities of Newark, Detroit, & Washington, and also in Los Angeles.

Sacramento, CA

#6 Jun 27, 2009
Trufax wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me you have selective perception of reality. Typical! You probably also think OJ didn't kill his wife or Ron Goldman. You probably think Kobe Bryant never raped that poor white woman even though her blood was all over his shirt. You probably think MJ wasn't a child rapist and that R. Kelly isn't a pedophile. Typical!
Yup, that's quite some imagination you've got there.

Your perception of black persona is so distorted I almost feel sorry for you.

Please seek immediate counseling to identify and process your internal issues that are causing you resentment for people of color.

As far as the O.J is concerned he was found not guilty. Whether I believe that to be just or not is irrelevant to this topic.

Same goes for Kobe, MJ, and Mr. R.kelly.

It seems to me you are trying to blame the mishappenings of a few on the conduct of many.

That alone tells me you harbor internalized hate.

This discussion has become counterproductive, I cannot give you the attention you seek or the help you need.

Sacramento, CA

#7 Jun 27, 2009
Race riots wrote:
Nonviolent social change was the lie of the century.
Civil rights workers deliberately caused violence and killings in the streets, burning of neighborhoods, and widespread mayhem.
The worst violence was in the northern cities of Newark, Detroit, & Washington, and also in Los Angeles.
Even so.
Do you blame them?

Try being sprayed with a water hose and having German Shepards attack you and see how "calm" you remain

Black men were being wrongfully imprisoned and lynched.
Black women where being objectified and raped by white men.
Black children were defined a decent education and forced to drink for separate water fountains.

Gimmie a break

There was chaos LONG before the civil rights movement began. with slavery and Jim crow
Lawlessness and dis-order groomed our society

Ummmmmm wasn't it Dr. King who said:
"An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere"

Civil disobedience was the sign of the times. Get over it

Sacramento, CA

#8 Jun 27, 2009
typo Denied
Trufax

Manhattan, IL

#9 Jun 28, 2009
HotBlackChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that's quite some imagination you've got there.
Your perception of black persona is so distorted I almost feel sorry for you.
Please seek immediate counseling to identify and process your internal issues that are causing you resentment for people of color.
As far as the O.J is concerned he was found not guilty. Whether I believe that to be just or not is irrelevant to this topic.
Same goes for Kobe, MJ, and Mr. R.kelly.
It seems to me you are trying to blame the mishappenings of a few on the conduct of many.
That alone tells me you harbor internalized hate.
This discussion has become counterproductive, I cannot give you the attention you seek or the help you need.
Oh they were found not guilty? I guess the justice system never makes mistakes. Thanks for clarifying that point. That means that 100% of the chimps in sing sing are there because they are guilty.

But let's not get off topic. I know that you chimps have serious ADHD problems so let me bring you back to the issue. MLK! He was a cheater, a plagiarist and a womanizer who wasn't faithful to his wife. Judged by the content of his character he is deserving of absolutely no respect. You have no argument against that, which takes into account his cheating, plagiarism and infidelity.
Trufax

Manhattan, IL

#10 Jun 28, 2009
HotBlackChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Even so.
Do you blame them?
Try being sprayed with a water hose and having German Shepards attack you and see how "calm" you remain
Black children were defined a decent education and forced to drink for separate water fountains.
Gimmie a break
There was chaos LONG before the civil rights movement began. with slavery and Jim crow
Chimps took Detroit, one of the premier cities of the world at the time, and ruined it. They burned down their own homes and their own businesses, turning Detroit into the graveyard it is today. The city will never recover and it continues to grow worse. Who runs it? Blacks! Who lives there? Blacks!

Detroit, like Africa, is a stellar example of the inability of blacks to build anything. If it isn't bolted down, blacks will steal it. If it's bolted down, blacks will destroy it. Most importantly, if Whites invented it then blacks will covet it.
Race riots

United States

#11 Jun 28, 2009
HotBlackChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Even so.
Do you blame them?
Gimmie a break
Your obvious hatred for white people has distorted your perceptions of right and wrong. You are the one who is in serious need of therapy.
The hoard of crimes committed by blacks after the Civil War didn't justify the KKK any more than german shepards justified the violence of the civil rights riots.
You are a bigot and a blamer.
Galaxy

Newark, NJ

#12 Jun 28, 2009
Do you have solid proof that Martin Luther King Jr. Cheated on his wife and had some sort of obsessiopn with white women. Pleas show me because I am quite skeptical of your claims.
Galaxy

Newark, NJ

#13 Jun 28, 2009
Typo: Obsession

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#14 Jun 28, 2009
Trufax wrote:
<quoted text>

But let's not get off topic. I know that you chimps have serious ADHD problems so let me bring you back to the issue. MLK! He was a cheater, a plagiarist and a womanizer who wasn't faithful to his wife. Judged by the content of his character he is deserving of absolutely no respect. You have no argument against that, which takes into account his cheating, plagiarism and infidelity.
You are speaking of politicians.
Stay on topic.
Adultery

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2009
Galaxy wrote:
Do you have solid proof that Martin Luther King Jr. Cheated on his wife and had some sort of obsessiopn with white women. Pleas show me because I am quite skeptical of your claims.
The FBI investigated king for many years because of his instigation of violent demonstrations and his ties with the Communist Party. They have about 15 filing cabinets full of reports of king's exploits with prostitutes while his wife stayed at home with their children. Congress passed a law that sealed these filing cabinets for 50 years but the contents are known to many people and this information has been in the news on numerous occasions. This information has been verified by several of king's associates in the civil rights movement.

Sacramento, CA

#16 Jun 28, 2009
Trufax wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they were found not guilty? I guess the justice system never makes mistakes. Thanks for clarifying that point. That means that 100% of the chimps in sing sing are there because they are guilty.
I don't really have to say anymore do I?

Your post speaks for itself.

Clearly, you are not capable of holding an intelligent debate and have resorted to name calling.

Which by the way is quite pathetic if I might add.

You are a prime example of what happens to childern (of any and all races) who do not stay in school.

I too could bombard you with racist insults, however I will not, I am not prejudice .

Unlike you, I do not blame your entire race for your stupidity.

You obvisouly are a byproduct of an unstable, overopinionated, undereducated home.
Forget a stimulus package or the economy
we should invest more into education reform.

Try to save as many childern as possible from being devoured by ignorance

Sacramento, CA

#17 Jun 28, 2009
Trufax wrote:
<quoted text>
Chimps took Detroit, one of the premier cities of the world at the time, and ruined it. They burned down their own homes and their own businesses, turning Detroit into the graveyard it is today. The city will never recover and it continues to grow worse. Who runs it? Blacks! Who lives there? Blacks!
Detroit, like Africa, is a stellar example of the inability of blacks to build anything. If it isn't bolted down, blacks will steal it. If it's bolted down, blacks will destroy it. Most importantly, if Whites invented it then blacks will covet it.
(Sigh) No comment

Sacramento, CA

#18 Jun 28, 2009
Race riots wrote:
<quoted text>Your obvious hatred for white people has distorted your perceptions of right and wrong. You are the one who is in serious need of therapy.
The hoard of crimes committed by blacks after the Civil War didn't justify the KKK any more than german shepards justified the violence of the civil rights riots.
You are a bigot and a blamer.
You are in denial.

Sacramento, CA

#19 Jun 28, 2009
AAMech wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking of politicians.
Stay on topic.
That would require the use of far too many brain cells.
I don't beleive he is capable.

Sacramento, CA

#20 Jun 28, 2009
Adultery wrote:
<quoted text>The FBI investigated king for many years because of his instigation of violent demonstrations and his ties with the Communist Party. They have about 15 filing cabinets full of reports of king's exploits with prostitutes while his wife stayed at home with their children. Congress passed a law that sealed these filing cabinets for 50 years but the contents are known to many people and this information has been in the news on numerous occasions. This information has been verified by several of king's associates in the civil rights movement.
Operative words here:

"Soild proof"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehouse College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Can't Obama Talk To Black Americans Like That? Aug '14 A Word to the Wise 6
'Are You, Like, African-AMERICAN Or AFRICAN-Ame... Aug '14 thegreatlc33 2
Atlanta to host black college success summit Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
In big public push, White House seeks to smooth... May '14 walkerwilliam91 1
Caught on camera: Armed robbers nab prescriptio... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Grob Hahn 1
UCLA School of Law Student Addresses Backlash T... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Hugo 1
Education: the message behind MLK Awards Dinner (Jan '14) Jan '14 D Duke 4

Morehouse College People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE