Freaknik bids for comeback, but does ...

Freaknik bids for comeback, but does anyone care?

There are 20 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Mar 25, 2011, titled Freaknik bids for comeback, but does anyone care?. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

During its heyday in the mid-1990s, everyone had an opinion about Freaknik. Enlarge photo AJC file A pair of Freaknik revelers jump atop their car as it travels down Carnegie Way as the spontaneous party continues into the wee hours in 1997.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Plan Ahead

Kennesaw, GA

#1 Mar 25, 2011
Bring back freaknik, Atlanta needs the money. 100 wreckers on call to tow away a thousand illegally parked cars, slap them with arrests for petty crimes - If they can afford $300 a night hotels they can afford $1,000 fines.
Fill the jails to capacity and put the rest on the old prison work farms. Hard work in the hot sun to grow crops and take Obama gardens to a new level.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 25, 2011
Plan Ahead wrote:
Bring back freaknik, Atlanta needs the money. 100 wreckers on call to tow away a thousand illegally parked cars, slap them with arrests for petty crimes - If they can afford $300 a night hotels they can afford $1,000 fines.
Fill the jails to capacity and put the rest on the old prison work farms. Hard work in the hot sun to grow crops and take Obama gardens to a new level.
Wonderful idea, great post. I wish they would bring back the bullwhip to make sure we get our money's worth out of these cretins when they are locked up. Ship them to some of those jails in S GA that aren't sissy kindergarten play stations. Remember last week one prisoner from Atlanta sassed a guard in that S GA jail? He has left the building in a cardboard casket. Make jail time an experience those simians possessing below average criminal DNA will never forget. Sounds as if those jails in S GA are still jails.
General Lee

Dallas, GA

#3 Mar 25, 2011
SSDD, another example of racism being perpetuated by those who claim to be a victim of it. Black college spring break? Give me a break. It will end up being a street party with more black resident adults participating than black college kids.
inept beverly

Kennesaw, GA

#4 Mar 26, 2011
Plan Ahead wrote:
Atlanta Police Chief Beverly Harvard spoke in a TV interview in the middle of freaknik that she witnessed numerous sexual assaults on the city streets and was appalled by it. Excuse me! She was in uniform and carrying a gun and she did absolutely nothing to stop the assaults or apprehend the culprits!
General Lee

Dallas, GA

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Well now is it any wonder? How could we expect her to arrest "her own people" when the Attorney General of the United States has been quoted as stating he would not "arrest his people" regarding the black panther voting block attempts a while back. I know these incidents were several years apart, so it must be a plot to not enforce laws against blacks.
NYC

Douglasville, GA

#6 Mar 26, 2011
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful idea, great post. I wish they would bring back the bullwhip to make sure we get our money's worth out of these cretins when they are locked up. Ship them to some of those jails in S GA that aren't sissy kindergarten play stations. Remember last week one prisoner from Atlanta sassed a guard in that S GA jail? He has left the building in a cardboard casket. Make jail time an experience those simians possessing below average criminal DNA will never forget. Sounds as if those jails in S GA are still jails.
Black college spring break would be nice to have now that we know that it scares the hell out of you rednecks to see all those blacks together in one place,love reading yal blogs listening at all the fear you people have for blacks,yall gonna have a dam heart attack from the fear and hatred you have from blacks.....so keep up the good work of staying upset !!!!!ha ha ha ha !!!
General Lee

Dallas, GA

#7 Mar 26, 2011
NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
Black college spring break would be nice to have now that we know that it scares the hell out of you rednecks to see all those blacks together in one place,love reading yal blogs listening at all the fear you people have for blacks,yall gonna have a dam heart attack from the fear and hatred you have from blacks.....so keep up the good work of staying upset !!!!!ha ha ha ha !!!
I guess the blacks just feed off of racism, as you just keep on promoting it. Also, who in their right mind would come to this screwed up city to party? I'm sure there are better places to go. But, it's a black thing so I wouldn't understand.
cookie monster

Carrollton, GA

#8 Mar 26, 2011
would be a wonderful weekend to have open season on black people.you could bag your limit in minutes.
yankee go home

Kennesaw, GA

#9 Mar 26, 2011
NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
There ain't no rednecks in Atlanta. Multimillionaire Jeff Foxworthy was the last one and he left town years ago. There's nothing to fear in Atlanta ever since they invented 911 you can call the police in a heartbeat. Just watch the next episode of "Cops" to see who's scared and its your friends. Haaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaa!!!
myron

Carrollton, GA

#10 Mar 26, 2011
calling 911 in atlanta doesn't guarantee you a cop will come.Calls are taken by priority of the crime.If you had someone kill someone, then that crime goes down in priority because the person is dead.It could be the next day before an officer shows if if your car is stolen, maybe NEVER show.HAD IT HAPPEN

Location hidden

#11 Mar 27, 2011
I don't care for Freaknik, but it does allow the world to see how stupid and criminal the negroes really are. I only wish it would find a place other than Georgia to manifest its criminal simian mentality. We have enough of this kind of daily behavior in Atlanta now, and it taxes our police force to the maximum to contain it.
FEA

Cedartown, GA

#12 Mar 27, 2011
The biggest problem with Freaknig is 9 months lately whity gets stuck with the bill for all those hundreds of b--tards it produced.
Animals just doing what animals do.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 27, 2011
FEA wrote:
The biggest problem with Freaknig is 9 months lately whity gets stuck with the bill for all those hundreds of b--tards it produced.
Animals just doing what animals do.
Yep, and the maintenance fee on these little simians never ends.
construction worker

Carrollton, GA

#14 Mar 27, 2011
lets casterate the ones on welfare
george barnett

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2011
General Lee wrote:
SSDD, another example of racism being perpetuated by those who claim to be a victim of it. Black college spring break? Give me a break. It will end up being a street party with more black resident adults participating than black college kids.
I have no experience with Freaknik.However,i did unwittingly vacation for a week at Myrtle Beach just in time to catch the Black Biker Week.Rude,nasty,drunk,and out of control.Worse than the Shriners.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 31, 2011
george barnett wrote:
<quoted text>I have no experience with Freaknik.However,i did unwittingly vacation for a week at Myrtle Beach just in time to catch the Black Biker Week.Rude,nasty,drunk,and out of control.Worse than the Shriners.
My goodness George, that was no vacation, that was prison. I wonder where they hold white biker week?
george barnett

United States

#17 Mar 31, 2011
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness George, that was no vacation, that was prison. I wonder where they hold white biker week?
The Myrtle Beach Bike Week originally was,and largely remains,White.Yeah,they can get nasty too.However,the White bikers largely get a room rather than doing the nasty in the road.They also don't walk out as a group without paying for the meal.
george barnett

United States

#18 Mar 31, 2011
construction worker wrote:
lets casterate the ones on welfare
The adultzzz on welfare have no balls.They beeeeez Baby Mamas.The state also largely takes care of the Baby Daddies,but that's another Program----------Corrections.
Cecil Sesslenet

Beaverton, OR

#21 Apr 27, 2011
Wow, here I am thinking racism was slowly dying of old age here in the states, and I stumble across this forum. Rejoice! Racism is alive and well!

I was going to say we don't have such racism in the Pacific Northwest, but george barnett beat me here.

BRING BACK FREAKNIK!(for no particular reason)
george barnett

Wailuku, HI

#22 Apr 27, 2011
Cecil Sesslenet wrote:
Wow, here I am thinking racism was slowly dying of old age here in the states, and I stumble across this forum. Rejoice! Racism is alive and well!
I was going to say we don't have such racism in the Pacific Northwest, but george barnett beat me here.
BRING BACK FREAKNIK!(for no particular reason)
If you had been through Black Biker Week at Myrtle Beach,you too would have been a little prejudiced------or drunk.Do you really think that the businesses that decided to close for that particular week the next year didn't need the business? Those same businesses happily rent to Black families.Out of control Black youth were simply more trouble than they were worth from a business standpoint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehouse College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our First Black President (Sep '11) Sep '16 Sick of Obama 8
News Democracy Now: Remembering Civil Rights Freedom... (Aug '15) Mar '16 Big Knob 3
News Students invited to expo on historically black ... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Tami 3
News Clinton feeling 'the Bern' in SC stronghold (Feb '16) Feb '16 Vote For Bernie S... 23
News Sanders woos millennials, minorities in Atlanta (Feb '16) Feb '16 anon 4
News UGA takes lead on celebrations of Black History... (Feb '16) Feb '16 LoL 2
News Birmingham minister, arrested at Chicago protes... (Dec '15) Dec '15 dont like 1
More from around the web