Celibate gay author says you 'can't get around' Bible's condemnation of homosexuality

Nov 20, 2010 Full story: MLive.com 926

It was as if Christopher Yuan was introducing himself at an addiction recovery meeting: "I am a Christian and I have homosexual feelings." Only Yuan's compass of faith points out no need to change his sexual orientation.

Full Story
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#956 Mar 19, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
One canít get around the Bibleís condemnation of homosexuality.
Because it is non-existant.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#957 Mar 21, 2011
I Cor. 6:9, 10
Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
Romans 1:24-27
I Timothy 1:10
Jude 7

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#958 Mar 21, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
I Cor. 6:9, 10
Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
Romans 1:24-27
I Timothy 1:10
Jude 7
Cherry Picking.
Fitz

Grosse Pointe, MI

#959 Mar 21, 2011
A man embraces the pracice of chastity as proscribed by the Bible and is attacked as wrong and anti-gay.

Perhaps the "gay community" real problem is with sexual restraint itself and not with the Bible per say?

You Think?

“The Truth Can Hurt:”

Since: Jul 11

Central Florida

#960 Sep 16, 2011
Ok ; I hear a lot of Bible Thumping ..so try this on for size .... The Bible is said to be the word of GOD and I doubt that it is 100% God's word .. I believe that perhaps these MORTAL men who were writing the Bible added some of their own thoughts and ideas THINKING they were part of the "Divine Inspiration" that God wanted them to put into the Bible .... How about Exodus 21:7 That is ok to Sell Your Daughter ? Or .. Leviticus 20:9 and Exodus 21:17 That if your kids are stubborn, rebellious etc ..you should KILL them ? How about Leviticus 19:19 that says that Two people who commit adultery should be put to DEATH ? Then; there is the part in Deuteronomy 22:20-21 that if a woman is found NOT to be a Virgin on her wedding night that she is to be stoned ... Don't forget , That it is a SIN to touch the skin of a dead pig .. as in Leviticus 11:7 .. Look out football players !!... and there are MORE all thruout the Bible ... such outlandish words and statements .. that a True , Loving GOD would NOT have said .. leading to me to believe that the Bible is a HOAX for the most part ...
>>>> >>>ALSO .. Jesus MIGHT have been GAY ... Many Biblical Experts believe that this might be TRUE when they have read the SECRET GOSPEL OF MARK that the Catholic Church had removed from the original Hebrew Bible because it tells of Jesus spending the night with a young man who he had brought back to life and the youth came to him in only a linen gown, and spent the night with him where Jesus "taught him the way to the Kingdom of heaven ..." The boy's Sister and Mother came ; BUT Jesus sent them away ... Sounds a little fishy to me .. how about YOU ?
Brighton John

London, UK

#961 Sep 17, 2011
Fitz wrote:
A man embraces the pracice of chastity as proscribed by the Bible and is attacked as wrong and anti-gay.
Perhaps the "gay community" real problem is with sexual restraint itself and not with the Bible per say?
You Think?
Nowhere is chastity proscribed in the Bible. Indeed, there seems to be an emphasis on it, especially for women and by that old eunuch Saul/Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moody Bible Institute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allentown mayor banks on credentials in race fo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 silly rabbit 2
Why So Many Christians Are Relaxing Over Drinks (Nov '13) Nov '13 superwilly 1
Godby honored as Logan County Teacher of the Year (Nov '13) Nov '13 Bridgett 1
Slider Building Relationships - Post-Church Chr... (Mar '13) Mar '13 buck 2
Freshman Drowns In Pool Accident At Moody Bible... (Feb '13) Feb '13 1960brookwood 4
Friends remember Jacqueline Seim (Dec '08) Aug '12 The Seim family 3
Did "No. 1" Climate Change Denier Fake His R &c... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Brian_G 15
More from around the web