Missouri S&T library gets 3-D printers for library

Oct 15, 2013 Full story: Springfield News-Leader

<![CDATA[ROLLA, Mo. (AP) -- The Missouri University of Science and Technology is giving all its students access to 3-D printers. The Rolla school said in a news release that it has acquired two printers for the Curtis Laws Wilson Library. Other printers are located in labs on campus, but the new printers are the first to be available for any student to use. The 3-D printers can create complex shapes using layers of plastic filament. Specifications come from modeling software or from the scan of an existing object. Customer technical support manager David Esping says he looks forward to seeing students' "brilliance shine." The university's information technology department is working with the library to create a remodeled design area next to the library's coffee shop.

Full Story
Bag Lady

United States

#1 Oct 18, 2013
I'm gonna go print me out a 3-d penis!!
Old Nympho

Rolla, MO

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Bag Lady wrote:
I'm gonna go print me out a 3-d penis!!
You may as well make one of those deluxe three pecker snatch scratchers. Get all your holes at once.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#3 Oct 18, 2013
I'm going to print me a statue of Killa for my front lawn.
Old Nympho

Rolla, MO

#4 Oct 18, 2013
skillz_the_passionate wrote:
I'm going to print me a statue of Killa for my front lawn.
3 feet tall with an artificial vagooter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri University of Science and Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine More Colleges or Universities Become New M... (Apr '14) Apr '14 killa_the_compass... 1
Missouri University of Science and Technology s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mawar 6
New Book Examines Kennedy Assassination Controv... (Dec '13) Dec '13 funtimes 1
Researcher Develops Technique to Detect Breast ... (May '13) May '13 Anonymous 4
Missouri S&T associate prof of mathematics and ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ketaseII 1
New study: With ant colonies, larger is better (Jan '13) Jan '13 aNT gAWD 3
Research Predicts Growth, Survival of 'Superorg... (Dec '12) Dec '12 jai 1
More from around the web