Research Predicts Growth, Survival of...

Research Predicts Growth, Survival of 'Superorganism' Ant Colonies

There are 1 comment on the Newswise story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Research Predicts Growth, Survival of 'Superorganism' Ant Colonies. In it, Newswise reports that:

ROLLA, Mo. - Smaller ant colonies tend to live faster, die younger and burn up more energy than their larger counterparts, as do the individual ants that make up those colonies, according to new research that views the colonies as "superorganisms" in which social insects function much like the cells of a body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newswise.

jai

Ashburn, VA

#1 Dec 23, 2012
Any girl call me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri University of Science and Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News S&T Technique to Detect Breast Cancer Moving Fr... Feb '16 Anna Mae 1
News Nine More Colleges or Universities Become New M... (Apr '14) Apr '14 killa_the_compass... 1
News Missouri University of Science and Technology s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mawar 6
News New Book Examines Kennedy Assassination Controv... (Dec '13) Dec '13 funtimes 1
News Missouri S&T library gets 3-D printers for library (Oct '13) Oct '13 Old Nympho 4
News Researcher Develops Technique to Detect Breast ... (May '13) May '13 Anonymous 4
News Missouri S&T associate prof of mathematics and ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ketaseII 1
More from around the web