Childs elected new president, CEO, CO...

Childs elected new president, CEO, COO of The Peoples Bank

There are 29 comments on the Newms360.com story from Oct 24, 2012, titled Childs elected new president, CEO, COO of The Peoples Bank. In it, Newms360.com reports that:

Mary M. Childs of Ripley was elected as president, chief executive officer, chief operating officer and vice chairman of The Peoples Bank.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newms360.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Seriously

Ripley, MS

#21 Oct 28, 2012
Be honest...y'all are just angry that Bobby Martin is successful, and you are not.
really

Ripley, MS

#22 Oct 28, 2012
Key wrote:
Yes the Peoples Bank may not be for everyone. However, they are a bank that still helps the community and banks on name. The bank and the people that run it have helped many Tippah County residents reach their dreams. They award scholarships and give loans to hard working people who might not get them on bigger banks. The Bank sponsors many of the events in Ripley, and they are one of the biggest donors in the county. Do you see the other banks or presidents doing any of this? No, you don't. I seriously doubt any of the people who are quick to call the bank out have good standing in the community. I would be willing to bet that most are not well educated (community college at most), are on some type of government assistance, have one million credit cards, or they are well known screw-ups. If you are so sure that Bobby or anyone in the bank has kept industry away, then please provide an example with detailed information and strong evidence. Simply saying that you heard it from Joe Bob who lives in a trailer in Dry Creek will not cut it...
What, as for well educated, a GED does not count. You also capitalize the first letter in a sentence.
You must be one of those sheltered, educated idiots that I come across everyday. College educated by the most liberal, ignorant mold spores in our society. Not capable of putting their degree to use but in a classroom with brainless not capable of rational judgement neanderthal students. Education has not one thing to do with this topic. You that can't think for yourself. I can see where you beleive what you say. Only because you haven't the guts to start a business on your own, you have to have someone tell you when to eat, where to eat it and how long to take to eat it. I personally don't give a damn what you think, the truth has no debate, you are not wise enough to to know the truth when it is presented to you everyday. Oh prove to me who has tried to replace industry since you are that sure of yourself. Get out of your professorial little bubble and ask a few questions on your own, if you are capable of doing that!
Key

Ripley, MS

#23 Oct 28, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of those sheltered, educated idiots that I come across everyday. College educated by the most liberal, ignorant mold spores in our society. Not capable of putting their degree to use but in a classroom with brainless not capable of rational judgement neanderthal students. Education has not one thing to do with this topic. You that can't think for yourself. I can see where you beleive what you say. Only because you haven't the guts to start a business on your own, you have to have someone tell you when to eat, where to eat it and how long to take to eat it. I personally don't give a damn what you think, the truth has no debate, you are not wise enough to to know the truth when it is presented to you everyday. Oh prove to me who has tried to replace industry since you are that sure of yourself. Get out of your professorial little bubble and ask a few questions on your own, if you are capable of doing that!
Just as I thought, no proof. You failed to provide any concrete information on how the bank or Bobby Martin are detrimental to the county's economy. All you did was ask me to prove your conspiracy theory. That is all you provided a CONSPIRACY THEORY. Many small businesses in the county are still open because the Peoples Bank helps them get by week to week. It has been a hedge agains bad economic times. It extends them weekly credit so they can meet payroll on slow weeks. Without the bank, the economy of Ripley and they county would decay at a exponential rate. You're right doctors and engineers should not attend college. They can probably learn all their skills in the School of Life.
really

Ripley, MS

#24 Oct 28, 2012
Key wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought, no proof. You failed to provide any concrete information on how the bank or Bobby Martin are detrimental to the county's economy. All you did was ask me to prove your conspiracy theory. That is all you provided a CONSPIRACY THEORY. Many small businesses in the county are still open because the Peoples Bank helps them get by week to week. It has been a hedge agains bad economic times. It extends them weekly credit so they can meet payroll on slow weeks. Without the bank, the economy of Ripley and they county would decay at a exponential rate. You're right doctors and engineers should not attend college. They can probably learn all their skills in the School of Life.
The doctors to be could learn on your brain, that's the best idea you've had. How many folks do see that were willing to come front and center on Al Capone or some other OC boss. You fool only yourself with that prove it shit. You know as well as everyone else here does but only mention it under their breath. You all like to squeal and giggle and say everything is good. Keep one thing in mind though, your flag waving means nothing to those that you think it does. And another thing, tell me a business here in the county that they make their payroll?
Key

Ripley, MS

#25 Oct 28, 2012
Prove it on here under anonimity. No one knows who you are. Prove it...
fo quenty

Brandon, MS

#26 Oct 28, 2012
Bobby is not highly thought of by the general public, I do know that much. There must be a reason and I don't think it's jealousy.

Bwp

Since: Mar 11

San Leandro, CA

#27 Oct 28, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>The doctors to be could learn on your brain, that's the best idea you've had. How many folks do see that were willing to come front and center on Al Capone or some other OC boss. You fool only yourself with that prove it shit. You know as well as everyone else here does but only mention it under their breath. You all like to squeal and giggle and say everything is good. Keep one thing in mind though, your flag waving means nothing to those that you think it does. And another thing, tell me a business here in the county that they make their payroll?
If you don't like Ripley and Tippah county why don't you get the wheels out of the shed and roll on out of town.
Curious

United States

#28 Oct 28, 2012
What wrote:
I don't know if he owns a business but he has kept businesses out of ripley if he didn't get a cut! He and two others are the people who choose to bypass ripley with a road that will shutdown ripley business soo that bobby martin could make more money off of ripley! Ask questions about it and you will not defend him soo much!!!!!!!
Yeah! He Owns the bank! What he doesn't own-he is on the board or has someone that is on the board that he controls! Such as The Southern Sentinel, The Daily Journal, The Hospital, The Tippah County Development Assc with his puppet Duane Bullard, Blue Mountain College, I could go on! And it is pretty sad that the bank announced this to the rest of North MS BEFORE they told their own employees!
ggft

United States

#29 Oct 28, 2012
fo quenty wrote:
Bobby is not highly thought of by the general public, I do know that much. There must be a reason and I don't think it's jealousy.
it is because he is a criminal! These trustfund babies take up for him because they have never had to live in the real world where most people hate bobby martin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Good news aplenty in region last week May 24 Press power 9
News Low turnout common in local elections across na... May 17 Our Opinion 5
News A musical life: Professional guitarist shares w... Apr '16 Ann Marie 1
News Mississippi State's Lightweight Subaru BRZ Hybr... Apr '16 Solarman 1
News Increased emphasis: Art offers new ways to teac... Apr '16 WNC 38
News Group against Miss. flag taking battle to SEC h... Mar '16 Mayor 3
News In Mississippi, retiring officials can pocket c... Mar '16 Publicconman 1
More from around the web