Childs elected new president, CEO, COO of The Peoples Bank

Oct 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newms360.com

Mary M. Childs of Ripley was elected as president, chief executive officer, chief operating officer and vice chairman of The Peoples Bank.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Oct 28, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

The evil crook bobby martin is gone? If so we need to run him out of town for good!!!!!
Juan Valdez

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 26, 2012
 
What wrote:
The evil crook bobby martin is gone? If so we need to run him out of town for good!!!!!
Mary is his daughter.

Bwp

Since: Mar 11

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 26, 2012
 
Juan Valdez wrote:
<quoted text>Mary is his daughter.
Mary will do a great job of managing the bank for the stockholders just like Bobby has.
what

Ripley, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

to hell with bobby martin. he has held this town back for years. if he wasn't getting a part of a business hewould not let them come in and open up. that is one reason we have little industry in this town!

Bwp

Since: Mar 11

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 26, 2012
 
what wrote:
to hell with bobby martin. he has held this town back for years. if he wasn't getting a part of a business hewould not let them come in and open up. that is one reason we have little industry in this town!
Can you tell me a business that he owns?
What

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I don't know if he owns a business but he has kept businesses out of ripley if he didn't get a cut! He and two others are the people who choose to bypass ripley with a road that will shutdown ripley business soo that bobby martin could make more money off of ripley! Ask questions about it and you will not defend him soo much!!!!!!!

Bwp

Since: Mar 11

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

What wrote:
I don't know if he owns a business but he has kept businesses out of ripley if he didn't get a cut! He and two others are the people who choose to bypass ripley with a road that will shutdown ripley business soo that bobby martin could make more money off of ripley! Ask questions about it and you will not defend him soo much!!!!!!!
If he chose to bypass Ripley, how is he making money by doing this? Did he own land east of Ripley? I don't have to ask questions about it it, just show me one business he has made money off of.
really

Dumas, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Bwp wrote:
<quoted text>
If he chose to bypass Ripley, how is he making money by doing this? Did he own land east of Ripley? I don't have to ask questions about it it, just show me one business he has made money off of.
You are a dumb, damn fool!
What

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

really wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dumb, damn fool!
bwp has no clue! Bobby's land does border the bypass! As for local business he has strangled growth for years and years!!!!!
BWP

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

really wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dumb, damn fool!
Sounds like you boys got turned down on a loan.
get real

Ripley, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 27, 2012
 
BWP wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you boys got turned down on a loan.
bwp i don't need a loan! as a matter of fact i took all my money out of the people's bank and put it in the competitor's bank! never had to get a loan from that snake and never will!!!!
what

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Bwp. You don't know daylight from dark cause you have your head shoved soo far up bobby martin's ass you wouldn't know if it was raining! Go talk about something you do know and keep away from what you don't!!!!!!!
Seriously

Meridian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

get real, I'm sure the Peoples Bank will miss the $4 you had in the bank.

It is illogical to push businesses away since it would mean less customers for the bank. I'm sure your knowledge of microeconomics and business comes from that PhD awarded by Pine Grove Middle School. If you do need a loan in the future, I'm sure Palm Loan will gladly offer you one until you receive your disability check in the mail.
what

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Seriously wrote:
get real, I'm sure the Peoples Bank will miss the $4 you had in the bank.
It is illogical to push businesses away since it would mean less customers for the bank. I'm sure your ,knowledge of microeconomics and business comes from that PhD awarded by Pine Grove Middle School. If you do need a loan in the future, I'm sure Palm Loan will gladly offer you one until you receive your disability check in the mail.
i didn't go to pine grove and as far as my money, it will be greatly missed at the peoples bank just like all the other peoples money that is being taken out of the peoples bank. Go region's bank! Screw bobby martin!!!!
what

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

what wrote:
<quoted text> i didn't go to pine grove and as far as my money, it will be greatly missed at the peoples bank just like all the other peoples money that is being taken out of the peoples bank. Go region's bank! Screw bobby martin!!!!
and as for education you need to educate all the crimal acts bobby martin has done! I am very well educated. Enough to know your full of shit!!!
what

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

what wrote:
<quoted text> and as for education you need to educate all the crimal acts bobby martin has done! I am very well educated. Enough to know balls full of shit!!!
and by the way. Add six zeros after that 4 and you will be in the ballpark
Brenda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 28, 2012
 
Bobby has his hands in businesses like palm loans and tower loans
really

Dumas, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Seriously wrote:
get real, I'm sure the Peoples Bank will miss the $4 you had in the bank.
It is illogical to push businesses away since it would mean less customers for the bank. I'm sure your knowledge of microeconomics and business comes from that PhD awarded by Pine Grove Middle School. If you do need a loan in the future, I'm sure Palm Loan will gladly offer you one until you receive your disability check in the mail.
It is illogical to conceive that one could be that illogical living in this county and making a statement like yours. You evidently have the freshness of youth behind your ears that you didn't know Oscar Shannon. He was a man for the people, thus the Peoples Bank. Today we live in a county that is riddled with high government subsidy per capita and failing businesses all over the county. But never fear, we can depend on our local leaders to come to rescue in the future just as they are now! Oh, if you don't remeber Oscar, do a little research in the community and see if you get more praises about your man or for Oscar.
Key

Meridian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Yes the Peoples Bank may not be for everyone. However, they are a bank that still helps the community and banks on name. The bank and the people that run it have helped many Tippah County residents reach their dreams. They award scholarships and give loans to hard working people who might not get them on bigger banks. The Bank sponsors many of the events in Ripley, and they are one of the biggest donors in the county. Do you see the other banks or presidents doing any of this? No, you don't. I seriously doubt any of the people who are quick to call the bank out have good standing in the community. I would be willing to bet that most are not well educated (community college at most), are on some type of government assistance, have one million credit cards, or they are well known screw-ups. If you are so sure that Bobby or anyone in the bank has kept industry away, then please provide an example with detailed information and strong evidence. Simply saying that you heard it from Joe Bob who lives in a trailer in Dry Creek will not cut it...

What, as for well educated, a GED does not count. You also capitalize the first letter in a sentence.
offended

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Key wrote:
Yes the Peoples Bank may not be for everyone. However, they are a bank that still helps the community and banks on name. The bank and the people that run it have helped many Tippah County residents reach their dreams. They award scholarships and give loans to hard working people who might not get them on bigger banks. The Bank sponsors many of the events in Ripley, and they are one of the biggest donors in the county. Do you see the other banks or presidents doing any of this? No, you don't. I seriously doubt any of the people who are quick to call the bank out have good standing in the community. I would be willing to bet that most are not well educated (community college at most), are on some type of government assistance, have one million credit cards, or they are well known screw-ups. If you are so sure that Bobby or anyone in the bank has kept industry away, then please provide an example with detailed information and strong evidence. Simply saying that you heard it from Joe Bob who lives in a trailer in Dry Creek will not cut it...

What, as for well educated, a GED does not count. You also capitalize the first letter in a sentence.
How is it that if you live in Dry Creek or attended Pine Grove you automatically become an idiot?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••